Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Sakura Note

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Marvelous Entertainment has formed a team of designers that will be bringing "Sakura Note" to Nintendo DS,  

Music: Nobou Uematsu
    (Final Fantasy XII, Lost Odyssey)
    Executive Producer: Yasuhiro Wada (Director of Marvelous Entertainment and creator of the Harvest Moon series)
    Scenario Writer: Kazushige Nojima (held the same position whilst working on Final Fantasy VIII and Glory of Heracles for DS)
    Visuals: Hideo Minaba (the Art Director for Final Fantasy IX and Archaic Sealed Heat on DS)
    Game Design: Akira Ueda (the Director of Contact for DS, who set up audio inc. shortly after creating Contact with Goichi Suda at Grasshopper Manufacture)         

Sakura Note revolves around a young boy who goes on an adventure and meets lots of demons and ghosts along the way as he endeavours to rescue both a young girl and a sakura tree. With audio inc. being involved, the head of which worked with Grasshopper Manufacture and Marvelous for Contact on DS.

Sakura Note is due out in Japan on 5th November this year     
    http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/ds/sakuranote/index.html   

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Kiemoe

These credits are impressive. I'm sold just by the pedigree. But what's this battle system?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

The trailer doesn't give much away does it, apart from the fact it looks good. I guess we will just have to wait for further details.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool

More DS love for me to indulge in.  You have to have confidence that the game will be good at worst and potentially brilliant at best.  On my "watch"  list.

Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Poki3
    @Kiemoe said:
    " These credits are impressive. I'm sold just by the pedigree. But what's this battle system? "
    As much as I want to agree with you, Blue Dragon begs to differ... Better have a "wait and see" approach.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By c1337us
    @Poki3: I agree with you. Video was alright though.
    Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Kiemoe
    @Poki3 said:
    " @Kiemoe said:
    " These credits are impressive. I'm sold just by the pedigree. But what's this battle system? "
    As much as I want to agree with you, Blue Dragon begs to differ... Better have a "wait and see" approach. "
    Good Call. I'll be sure to take my time.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By StarFoxA

Nobuo Uematsu has done waaaaay more than the credits you listed, most specifically Chrono Trigger.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Axersia
    @StarFoxA said:
    " Nobuo Uematsu has done waaaaay more than the credits you listed, most specifically Chrono Trigger. "
    Not really. He only contributed 8 or so tracks to that -- the remainder was done by Yasunori Mitsuda.

Also, listing FFXII isn't entirely accurate either as he was only credited for the recycled FF themes (and probably wasn't even directly involved in the game's development) while the remainder was done by Hitoshi Sakimoto (and some others).

He's obviously best known for composing FF1-10.

Anyway, the pedigree and odd trailer don't quite have me convinced yet, but I guess it's something I'll have to keep an eye out for.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Axersia said:
    " @StarFoxA said:
    " Nobuo Uematsu has done waaaaay more than the credits you listed, most specifically Chrono Trigger. "
    Not really. He only contributed 8 or so tracks to that -- the remainder was done by Yasunori Mitsuda."
    Yes, I know that, but that's still contributing. I didn't say he composed the entire soundtrack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.