Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Should I Buy a DS Lite? (Please Help..!)

Yoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Yoda

Ok guys, i've been debating for a while now whether or not to buy a ds lite.. here is why im not so sure: (Please no "haters" or fanboyism.. i need honest and helpful answers..)

I've owned a psp (phat) before when it first released, never really got into it and sold it. Around 1.5 years ago or so i bought another PSP Slim, thought there was more games but really never got interested and yet again i sold it.

Before i ever bought a psp i had a phat ds. The two games i had for it were super mario 64 (w/e its called) and nintendogs. I thought both games were pretty cool, but i had played mario 64 a lot on the nintendo 64, so it got old fast. Nintendogs was somewhat cool. I never bought any other games and I think i sold it to get a 360 or something im not sure.

So now, i have a 360 and a Wii, i play both regularly. The 360 has tons of great games coming out this fall... But i kind of want NSMB / guitar hero on tour / animal crossing / etc. for the DS... So i almost picked up a DS Lite and decided not to. But now im debating on whether i should go get a DS Lite, or just save up the $$ for 360 games this fall, and im not sure if i will get tired of it as soon as all the 360 games come out (Fallout the, the force unleashed, too human, etc...)

Honest opinions and help appreciated..

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Shocker

Well if you like the games out for it, you should definitely buy it. But my DS has been collecting dust for a long long time since i play my 360 a lot.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I had a fat DS when it came out, but like you only had Super Mario 64 and Nintendogs so it got old. I bought a DS Lite a little after Christmas time, and can say that I absolutely love it. It has a range of awesome titles, like The World Ends With You, Phoenix Wright, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Animal Crossing: WW, Warioware, etc.

So I say yes, definitely consider getting one. Oh yeah, Guitar Hero: On Tour is complete trash. It's 50 bucks, only has 25 songs, and hurts the hell out of your wrist.

Yoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yoda

Guitar hero on the ds is really that bad? That was a big reason  i also wanted a DS, guitar hero on the go. :(

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DarkLegend

FFVI, Kingdom Hearts, Mario, Zelda, GTA, Dragon Quest 9, Castlevania

Must I say more? Great buy 
    Yoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Yoda

I dont like any final fantasy style game, or zelda..

Also here is the basic choice here:

DS Lite + 2 Games AND 3 Xbox 360 games this fall

OR

7 Xbox 360 games

Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chaos

u really have to decide what type of games you really like.  Nintendo franchise games r great, so are RPG;s  RTS and Puzzle games.  in the action side it seem its only castlefvania.  Good games are few, but it seems to me they have a longer game life. And since you do have a Wii you can download demos to your DS.
    For me I love my DS. I carry it with me all the time. it does have its limitations like graphics and sound. but the game play for me really makes up for it.  if you feel you deal with its limitations I would say buy it.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Babble

The DS has a ton of great games out right now and is a great. The DS Lite is a large improvement over the original with better back light and overall aesthetics.

• New Super Mario Bros
    • Mario Kart DS
    • Brain Age
    • Advanced Wars
    • Elite Beat Agent
    • Cooking Mama

Are all great games and there are many more. DS has the most variety. I also own a PSP but I prefer my DS much more.
    Yoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yoda

Thanks for the replies so far..

If anyone can read the whole story of me having ds / psp and tell me if i should still get it, it would be appreciated.

thanks again

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.