Should I get a DSi XL?

#1 Posted by Daveydave (131 posts) -

Hey fellow bombers :)

I am torn on what to do! The 3DS has been tempting me for a couple of weeks, however the actual line up of games currently and in the future are not that great for me at the moment.

It then dawned on me that I always wanted a gigantic ds! And luckily one was made! Has anyone got one, and can let me know if there nice, worth it, etc? Would i be stupid not to just 
pay the extra and get a 3DS?

Opinions please!

Dave
#2 Posted by proggykins (144 posts) -

I upgraded to a  DSi XL from a Lite a couple months ago and I've really enjoyed it. Games do kind of look stretched, but that hasn't really affected my enjoyment of the games, and the larger screen is worth it. They also come with a large pen which I like. If you have a DSi, you might as well get a 3DS, but if you've been using an original or Lite, the XL might be for you.

#3 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

No, get a DS Lite, its cheaper and allows you to play GBA games.
#4 Posted by Daveydave (131 posts) -

I already have a DS lite thats on its last legs :) so I would be upgrading from one, plus the fact that my GBA game collection is now my mothers. 

#5 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

I honestly feel u should invest in a 3ds for upcoming releases, now they quite horrible but later down the line it will improve

#6 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@proggykins said:
I upgraded to a  DSi XL from a Lite a couple months ago and I've really enjoyed it. Games do kind of look stretched, but that hasn't really affected my enjoyment of the games, and the larger screen is worth it. They also come with a large pen which I like. If you have a DSi, you might as well get a 3DS, but if you've been using an original or Lite, the XL might be for you.
This.  My daughter was in the exact same position, and had saved up allowance and gift money.  She opted for the XL rather than saving up a bit more for the 3DS.  Sure the 3DS might have better games later.  But it will also be cheaper later.
#7 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Fair warning; once you get used to the XL's screen you'll never be able to go back to the small screens(like the 3DS). At least that's how I feel it, give me 3DS XL! 

#8 Posted by Daveydave (131 posts) -

well a DSi XL is on its way to me for tomorrow :)

I think whats best for me is a delayed purchase of the 3DS when they inevitably bring out the new version! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.