Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Some Kind Of Evil Plot?

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShadowKiller

While checking on my old unions on Gamespot I came across an ad from Gamestop that said if you buy a DSI they'll give you $70 for your old DS Lite. In my eyes that's too good to be true after seeing a guy trade in an original Xbox with 24 games and 4 controllers and only getting $80. I really have no problem with Gamestop other than how much they'll give you for old stuff. What do you think?

Oh and linkage

No Caption Provided

FriggingWeirdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FriggingWeirdo

Considering my DS Lite is in good condition and could probably fetch higher on eBay, that deal means little to me. Not that it matters... I already bought my DSi from Amazon. Prime is frickin' sweet.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Well, they're still making lots of profit. $70 knocked off the DSi price is cool, but you could still get more online.

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By deathfury

I did that deal, and traded in some games (I feel dirty...) so I got a DSi for $60, it was a good deal.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus
    deathfury said:
    "I did that deal, and traded in some games (I feel dirty...) so I got a DSi for $60, it was a good deal."
    Good for Gamestop, still coulda sold the lite and games separate online, and gotten more. BUT it's a step forward for Gamestop.
    FriggingWeirdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FriggingWeirdo
    TooWalrus said:
    "deathfury said:
    "I did that deal, and traded in some games (I feel dirty...) so I got a DSi for $60, it was a good deal."
    Good for Gamestop, still coulda sold the lite and games separate online, and gotten more. BUT it's a step forward for Gamestop."
    Definitely. Like the first dude said, trading in a console, crapload of games, and accessories usually gets you jack. This is a pretty cool move for Gamestop. A good friend of mine who's a manager at a local Gamestop said they're extending the offer for a month due to its popularity. I imagine they'll be knee-deep in Lites before it's over.
    OldManLollipop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By OldManLollipop

I love all my old crap too much to trade it in I'm afraid.

Financially it hurts, but the memories.....

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By oldschool

EB Games was doing much the same thing in Australia.  I really want to keep my Lite, so I won't be doing it.  Selling privately (locally or online) is always better.  Keeping the extra DS is always good for some multiplayer action with a friend who hasn't got one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.