Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

The upcoming DS year: What are you looking forward to?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ

This is going to be a great year for the DS, following up on one of the best years ANY Nintendo console has had. Theres going to be a number of original IPs, and new entries in a number of classic series. Off the top of my head;

Original IPs:
    Sands of Destruction
    Avalon Code
    Lux Pain
    Infinite Space
    Rhythm Heaven
    Scribblenauts

Sequels:
    Phantasy Star Zero
    Shining Force Feather
    Suikoden Teikarkis
    Valkyrie Profile: Covenent of the Plume
    Knights in the Knightmare
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
    Flower Sun and Rain
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
    Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By bwooduhs

You missed out Pokemon Platinum

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Final Fantasy VII, please. :>

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool
    AgentJ said:
    "This is going to be a great year for the DS, following up on one of the best years ANY Nintendo console has had. Theres going to be a number of original IPs, and new entries in a number of classic series. Off the top of my head;

Original IPs:
    Sands of Destruction
    Avalon Code
    Lux Pain
    Infinite Space
    Rhythm Heaven
    Scribblenauts

Sequels:
    Phantasy Star Zero
    Shining Force Feather
    Suikoden Teikarkis
    Flower Sun and Rain
    "
    I'll see your list and add:

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Stardust Accelerator: World Championship 2009 (yes, that's right - I enjoy  a good card game)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

De Blob

Tokyo Beat Down

Dokapon Journey

Jagged Alliance

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier

The Dark Spire

Steal Princess

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

...... and that is just what we know about! 

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By thebipsnbeeps

I know Rhythm Heaven is gonna be awesome. All you need from me, though, is "the dudes that made Warioware" and I'm sold. GTA: Chinatown Wars also looks to be pretty neat, but I guess I'll find that out soon (like this week soon, perhaps?).

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kush

I'm pretty much getting most games published by Atlus...it's as simple as that (and maybe GTA: Chinatown Wars).

Avatar image for chesterbilliams
    Chester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Chester

2 games and 2 games only.

Henry Hatsworth
    GTA: Chinatown Wars

too bad they both come out the same day

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

Phantasy Star 0 out? Mags are in it.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgentJ
    oldschool said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "This is going to be a great year for the DS, following up on one of the best years ANY Nintendo console has had. Theres going to be a number of original IPs, and new entries in a number of classic series. Off the top of my head;

Original IPs:
    Sands of Destruction
    Avalon Code
    Lux Pain
    Infinite Space
    Rhythm Heaven
    Scribblenauts

Sequels:
    Phantasy Star Zero
    Shining Force Feather
    Suikoden Teikarkis
    Flower Sun and Rain
    "
    I'll see your list and add:

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Stardust Accelerator: World Championship 2009 (yes, that's right - I enjoy  a good card game)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

De Blob

Tokyo Beat Down

Dokapon Journey

Jagged Alliance

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier

The Dark Spire

Steal Princess

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

...... and that is just what we know about! 

"
    Hey don't be embarassed about the Yu-Gi-Oh thing. I pretty much hate the anime, and the physical card game just because it costs so much, but a video game is the perfect medium for the game. 
    As for the games you listed, they all certainly have potential. Can't say i'm sold on most of them yet though. Question; why the F are we not getting Soma Bringer here in America? The same with Windy Windam and Sigma Harmonics.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

GREAT GIANA SISTERS DS

and

nothing else

actually

Scribblenauts seems like it might be cool, they're bringing out a Jagged Alliance?  That could be awesome as well.

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga EF is awesome, it's worth looking forward to for those who haven't played the Japanese version
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Meowayne

Dont forget Anno 1404.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By oldschool
    Meowayne said:
    "Dont forget Anno 1404."
    Yeah.  I actually just went off the prorder list from Playasia.  There are bound to be many not listed there yet.  There are also some interesting Japanese only games, some which will eventually make it, but those that will, will unlikely make it this year.

It is due to come out this year I think, but bring on an English version of A.S.H. Archaic Sealed Heat.  I have it in Japanese and even with language difficulties, it is an epic game.

Yes also to Soma Bringer.  I thought it was also due for an English translation this year and about freakin' time.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Luke

Yes, this looks like another awesome year for the DS!

bwooduhs said:

"You missed out Pokemon Platinum"
    Nintendo still doesn't get online... Friends Codes suck, they need to stop the hacks, and they also need to focus on the high-level tournament play of this.

It just sucks getting online with assholes that have like a Sableye with Wonder Guard and perfectly Trained Stats/IV's (which is impossible).  Nintendo needs to do something about this, and make it so that the Servers will delete Pokemon like this off of people's games, when connecting... this would just be a worse problem if they kept it like this and also got rid of Friends Codes and went with Anonymus Match Making with Ladders/Rankings, which they need to do as well.

Nintendo really pisses me off that they can make something so amazing, yet something so sucky at the same time.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentJ
    oldschool said:
    "Meowayne said:
    "Dont forget Anno 1404."
    Yeah.  I actually just went off the prorder list from Playasia.  There are bound to be many not listed there yet.  There are also some interesting Japanese only games, some which will eventually make it, but those that will, will unlikely make it this year.

It is due to come out this year I think, but bring on an English version of A.S.H. Archaic Sealed Heat.  I have it in Japanese and even with language difficulties, it is an epic game.

Yes also to Soma Bringer.  I thought it was also due for an English translation this year and about freakin' time.
    "
    Archaic Sealed Heat was at Nintendo of America being tested for a while, but there were a number of complications with it. The developer decided to make some changes to it for the English version, but ended up creating a ton of bugs. As of now, ASH is in limbo. As far as I know, there are no plans for Soma Bringer yet. Perhaps Atlus could convince Nintendo to let them bring it here?Luke said:
    "Yes, this looks like another awesome year for the DS!

bwooduhs said:
    "You missed out Pokemon Platinum"
    Nintendo still doesn't get online... Friends Codes suck, they need to stop the hacks, and they also need to focus on the high-level tournament play of this.It just sucks getting online with assholes that have like a Sableye with Wonder Guard and perfectly Trained Stats/IV's (which is impossible).  Nintendo needs to do something about this, and make it so that the Servers will delete Pokemon like this off of people's games, when connecting... this would just be a worse problem if they kept it like this and also got rid of Friends Codes and went with Anonymus Match Making with Ladders/Rankings, which they need to do as well.Nintendo really pisses me off that they can make something so amazing, yet something so sucky at the same time."
    Actually, Nintendo does block pokemon with impossible stats from online play. Any pokemon with higher than a set number in each stat immediately turns into a bad egg upon connecting to the internet (it turns back when you disconnect). While that doesn't prevent people from "editing" their pokemon up next to the limit, it does keep them at the same level as a legitimately trained creature. You are right though. Friend Codes need to die a horrible death.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.