Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

What about the price of the DS lite?

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trylks

I was thinking about buying one, but, if the price is going to go down in a few days I may choose to wait.

How much should it cost? $130 is a rip-off for a DS Lite IMHO.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ch13696

Yeah it is a rip off. Unless you want it used, you can find one between $75-100. Other than that you'll have to deal with the $130 price tag. How much did people say the DSi price was dropping down to?

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By trylks

150 and 170 (XL), so 3ds will probably be 190 or 200 I guess.

I don't want used resistive touchscreens, maybe I'm too picky, but I'm not paying $75 for such a thing.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jasta

I got mine for £70 pretty much brand new and thats the cheapest you will find a DS lite in the UK.

$130 is around £80, is it really that much of a rip off? I dont know how much $130 is worth day-to-day for you yanks.

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trylks

If I have to say the truth, I dunno,  lol.

I'll be in the US for 4 days more, enough to buy quite a lot of stuff, then I'll be back to Spain, I was thinking about buying a DS Lite, since that was €150 = $193 and $130 here. But just before going to buy it today I decided to take a look at the Spanish shops and surprisingly it is €100 now, roughly $130. That if you can find it, because most of the shops will offer packs with more stuff. May that be a consequence of the upcoming price drops? It happened all of a sudden, it was €150 not so long ago, I think...

azhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By azhang

If you are going to play it frequently then I guess buying for $130 is worth it in my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.