Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

What will Nintendos big E3 DS reveal be?

• 53 results
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Full-blown Virtual Console support, perhaps barring the N64. Maybe not. Also the ability to lock in your DSi with your Wii so you can play all the Virtual Console games you bought on your Wii on your DSi.

One can hope, right?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#52  Edited By AgentJ
    Sticky_Pennies said:
    Full-blown Virtual Console support, perhaps barring the N64. Maybe not. Also the ability to lock in your DSi with your ... [more]
    You can hope, but asking for N64 games might be pushing it, since each game would likely have to have the controls reformated. If they allow virtual console games, they better allow the ones you bought on the wii to be played on the DS. If that does happen, im getting myself a DSI
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
    AgentJ said:
    Sticky_Pennies said: Full-blown Virtual Console support, perhaps barring the N64. Maybe not. Also the ability to lock in your DSi ... [more]
    Ah, yeah, I didn't think of the whole controls thing for the N64. I was thinking of graphical power, but now that I think about it, the DSi is more powerful than the original DS, which was able to play Mario 64.

The problem with sharing VC games between the Wii and the DSi would have to do with the lack of a universal Nintendo account system, a la Xbox/Microsoft Live and the Playstation Network. The Wii's DLC seems to be linked to the serial number of the Wii, which poses a problem...

Maybe they'll announce an account system, at least. That'd be a start! (:

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#54  Edited By AgentJ
    @AgentJ said:
    " Last year was not a good E3 for Nintendo. While the gaming public expected one thing, namely the deliverance on news of a few of their favorite franchises, Nintendo gave another, that is to say a press conference for the non-gamers. However, after most gamers had already shut down their streaming video and turned off their monitors, Nintendo let drop that a Grand Theft Auto would be landing on the DS. 
    This year, Nintendo seems to be going into E3 knowing what the audience will be. As such, I think its safe to assume we'll be getting something we want for the DS. But what will it be? My heart says a new Golden Sun and a 2D metroid, but my brain says New Super Mario Brothers 2 and a portable pikmin or F-zero, as well as more news on the new DS zelda.

So what do you think we'll get? And more importantly, what do you hope we'll get?
    "
    Well would you look at that. We got Golden Sun, we got what could be a 2D metroid (for the wii), we got a New Super Mario Brothers 2 (for the wii, and we got more news on the DS Zelda. 4/5 isnt half bad.
    TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By TheKidNixon

Don't forget C.O.P. I'm sure Game Cop will love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.