Which DS game should I buy next?

#1 Edited by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

After having my launch DS for like seven years, I finally decided to buy a used Onyx DS Liteyesterday, and I am very excited about it. I have a nice collection of DS games as of now, but I've played through most of them. I'm wondering, what game should I get next? I'll also note that I'm not looking for any Game Boy Advance games, since I already have a ton of those in mind.

Thanks!

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (15624 posts) -

Professor Layton. No question about it.

#3 Posted by Aronman789 (2674 posts) -

I remember getting Kirby Squeak Squad as a gift, and then I lost it.

#4 Edited by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: I heard that the second one was a little bit better. Have you played both? I've played neither.

Edit: The first one, 'The Curious Village' is at my local game store for just $14 right now.
#5 Posted by buzz_clik (6838 posts) -

Picross 3D and Tetris DS are two of my favourite DS games, and you can't go wrong with either. Picross 3D is loads more fun in the short term, and Tetris is obviously an evergreen title with a bunch of modes packed in.

#6 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1760 posts) -

Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents

#7 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

Elite Beat Agents. I got it for £5 and it's great fun. Could definitely get it on the cheap.

#8 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -

Tetrissssss.
#9 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@rudeboy217 said:
" Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents "
@02sfraser said:
" Elite Beat Agents. I got it for £5 and it's great fun. Could definitely get it on the cheap. "

Yeah, I've already got Elite Beat Agents. Unfortunately, I don't really like mot of the music, so I couldn't really get too far into it. That being said, Rhythm Heaven was one of my favorite DS games.
#10 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@WoodenPlatypus said:
" Tetrissssss. "
@buzz_clik said:
" Picross 3D and Tetris DS are two of my favourite DS games, and you can't go wrong with either. Picross 3D is loads more fun in the short term, and Tetris is obviously an evergreen title with a bunch of modes packed in. "

Tetris looks like a ton of fun on DS, and to be honest, I've actually never owned a copy of Tetris.

Ever.
#11 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Ghost Trick or Radiant Historia.

Everyone else is wrong.
#12 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -
@iDarktread: 
This is more of a reason for you to buy it!
#13 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Contact

#14 Edited by LiquidPrince (15624 posts) -
@iDarktread said:

" @LiquidPrince: I heard that the second one was a little bit better. Have you played both? I've played neither.
Edit: The first one, 'The Curious Village' is at my local game store for just $14 right now.
"

I've played all three. They are the best games on the DS in my opinion. However they're amazing because of the characters so if you haven't played the first one, I recommend you play that first.
#15 Posted by destruktive (1068 posts) -
@iDarktread said:
"
Tetris looks like a ton of fun on DS, and to be honest, I've actually never owned a copy of Tetris.

Ever.
"
what..? WHAT?
Go get it! 

Also, mario & luigi is pretty awesome
#16 Posted by Kodo_Beast (129 posts) -

Kirby Super Star Ultra is a personal favorite of mine. It's an easy game for the most part but the later modes you unlock can be challenging. Most of the value comes from the excellent mechanics of the powers you can copy and replaying levels using different powers, though going start to finish in one play-through should last at least 10 hours or more.

As for your list, you can't go wrong with pretty much any of those. Kirby's Squeak Squad isn't as good as Super Star Ultra though IMO.

#17 Posted by AjayRaz (12391 posts) -

PICROSS 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's so damn great 

#18 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Ghost Trick.

#19 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

TWEWY is my pick from the list.

#20 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" Ghost Trick or Radiant Historia. "
@FancySoapsMan said:
" Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors "
@Underachiever007 said:
" Ghost Trick. "
@Haru48 said:
" The World Ends with You "

If you guys don't mind explaining why you picked what you picked, could you please? I know a good bit about all of the games I listed except for these ones.
#21 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
Okay.

Though if you are going to consider 999 I'd say get that because it is as good, if not better, than these and way cheaper.
#22 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -
@iDarktread: The story and atmosphere are really good.
#23 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -
@iDarktread: It has a great story, and opens up to a great open ended RPG experience.
#24 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Professor Layton
Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations
Both of these franchises have extremely engaging storyline and incredible plot twists (as you propably know from playing PW:AA).

Picross 3D
Tons and tons and tons of hours of gameplay. The game feels incredibly rewarding and is great for 10 minute bus trips.

#25 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Proffessor Layton, all great games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.