Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Which DS RPG game had the best & most enjoyable story? (poll)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By oldschool

I remember when I used to play my GBA, that I was really engrossed in the story to the Fire Emblem games.  Generally, I pay little attention or care much.  Fire Emblem rose above the pack.  But what the DS games?

Which story stood out the most?  Which made you read it all and actually pay attention?  What and why did you enjoy the story.  Share your opinion, as with some of the games I don't have, I may actually want to get it even more.  I may be missing something from a story of a game I have and will see it through different eyes.

Share  :-)
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Ah man, this is a tough question. I havent played enough of these to make an informed choice, not to mention that you are missing a few that would have been front runners for me.

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Ross

Chrono Trigger until Golden Sun DS comes out.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By asurastrike

I don't count Chrono Trigger as a DS title. It's a rerelease without any added DS features. The World Ends With You wins hands down for best DS RPG imo.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan
    @Ross:
    Exact same, can't say how excited I am for Golden Sun.  I'm super excited. Nevermind. Neways, Ring of Fates is least for me, I hated that game.  Good production values though.  I like spamming periods.  In sentences.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

Chrono Trigger for me, it's story is excellent.

My choice has nothing to do with nostalgia.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    " Ah man, this is a tough question. I havent played enough of these to make an informed choice, not to mention that you are missing a few that would have been front runners for me. "
    Pick other and tell your story man  :-)    I couldn't add every game.

I went with The World Ends With you (I haven't played Chrono Trigger yet).  I liked the fact that we a had a good modern setting and story for a change.  Most RPG follows the same path and characters with minor changes.  Don't get me wron, I love all those stories, but TWEWY broke the mould and tried something different and did a bloody good job of it.
    ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By ToxicAntidote

@Asurastrike said:
    "I don't count Chrono Trigger as a DS title. It's a rerelease without any added DS features. The World Ends With You wins hands down for best DS RPG imo."

I totally agree with you about Chrono Trigger.
    The best RPG on the NDS, imo, is The World Ends With You. A nreally awesome experience

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By AgentJ
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    " Ah man, this is a tough question. I havent played enough of these to make an informed choice, not to mention that you are missing a few that would have been front runners for me. "

I went with The World Ends With you (I haven't played Chrono Trigger yet).  I liked the fact that we a had a good modern setting and story for a change.  Most RPG follows the same path and characters with minor changes.  Don't get me wron, I love all those stories, but TWEWY broke the mould and tried something different and did a bloody good job of it.
    "
    You cant add every game? I guess you arent me then... : )
    Edit: Damn it your smiley face use has totally rubbed off on me. Screw me and my suggestable ways...
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By penguindust

I haven't played Chrono Trigger yet, so I can only go with what I know.  I will have to say Dragon Quest V since it was epic and fun all the way through.  And funny, I can't forget to mention that, too.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    "@oldschool said: 
    "@AgentJ said: 

I went with The World Ends With you (I haven't played Chrono Trigger yet).  I liked the fact that we a had a good modern setting and story for a change.  Most RPG follows the same path and characters with minor changes.  Don't get me wron, I love all those stories, but TWEWY broke the mould and tried something different and did a bloody good job of it."
    You cant add every game? I guess you arent me then... : )
    Edit: Damn it your smiley face use has totally rubbed off on me. Screw me and my suggestable ways..."
    :-)

I think it was predictable that Chrono Trigger would win.  I haven't got it yet, but clearly it is a classic tale, well told.  What I am pleased about is the fact that The World Ends With You would do so well.  I personally hope that it ushers in a whole new style of storytelling and gameplay.  It hasn't happened yet as it is still out there on its own, but I can hope.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.