Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Will Disney ever be a decent licence again?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    (from ds-x2)

From sold out shows to the big and small screens, the Jonas Brothers are set to take over the video game world as well. Disney Interactive Studios today announced the development of JONAS for Nintendo DS. 

Aren't they dreamy  :-)
    Aren't they dreamy :-)

The game allows players to take on the role of three superstar brothers - Nick, Joe and Kevin Lucas in outrageous adventures from the Disney Channel comedy series 'JONAS.' Players help the JONAS band members juggle concerts, school, friends and fans to find the balance between their rock star world and ordinary lives.

'JONAS is the perfect complement to the hit television show, giving fans additional access to the Jonas Brothers as they portray the Lucas Brothers─their music, their fashion and their lives,' said Craig Relyea, senior vice president of global marketing, Disney Interactive Studios. 'The game delivers a unique blend of adventure, humour and music that will keep fans of the Jonas Brothers entertained and engaged' 

Based on the Disney Channel comedy series, the game follows the Lucas brothers as they go about their everyday, but not so normal lives. It features other main characters from the show, including good friends Macy and Stella, and lets fans explore familiar locations including the brother's firehouse and school as seen in the television show. Players can also customise the JONAS band members' wardrobe for their daytime antics, as well as cool outfits for when they take the stage.

Featuring interactive environments, JONAS allows players to collect musical notes to power up their guitars and then strike the right guitar chords to overcome obstacles and help the JONAS band members. The game also features hit songs from the 'JONAS' television show. Fans will be able to perform to the songs in concerts after each level is completed.

Developed by Altron, JONAS will be available for Nintendo DS.

I can't wait to hear the hit songs from the television show.  What are they again  :-)

I know there is a market for these games, but I kind of want to go postal on them.  Disney does have so much great heritage and tremendous brands and it would be nice to see more time spent on good games like they had in the 90s.  The quality of the Disney licence has been more tarnished than the Sonic one.  Once upon a time I actually cared about them.  Believe it or not, The Little Mermaid Pinball game for the GBC was actually a good game.  Now it is all about their really awful live action shows.

Will Disney ever be good again?
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

The Disney-licenced Meteos-sequel was good.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Bigandtasty

Wait is that a real DS? I know it probably isn't but you didn't mention anything about it so just making sure.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oldschool
    Bigandtasty said:
    Wait is that a real DS? I know it probably isn't but you didn't mention anything about it so just ... [more]
    It is a skin.  I would have to commit infanticide if my daughters ever asked for anything from Disney these days.  They grew up on Disney.  Now they just ignore and depise it.  

Meowayne said:
    The Disney-licenced Meteos-sequel was good. [more]
    Like Kingdom Hearts, they are in an already established game.  The DS is the perfect vehicle for Disney as was the PS2 before it.  Apart from a new franchise in Spectrobes (which wasn't bad), I haven't a single Disney DS game.  The GBC and GBA has a fair number of them.  Even the classic movie characters are just very ordinary.  Mickey Mouse used to mean something  :-(
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's up to game developers, imo. I mean, what stops a studio from licencing the seemingly boring Mickey yet creating a Super Mario Galaxy caliber adventure that revisits all sorts of old stories in new ways, and creates new ones on top? Licenced games are no different to any other game in that they take effort. If they don't really try, then they'll only make shit, and bring the characters down with them.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

I would love them to hook up with Capcom again.

No Caption Provided

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Hairydutchman

Wasn't Pure published by Disney?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
    Linkyshinks said:
    I would love them to hook up with Capcom again. [more]
    That is what I mean.  During the 90s, at the height of the SNES and Sega Mega Drive era, along with the GB and GBC, Disney games were something to look forward to.  It is really sad, when they farm out their games to the highest bidder instead of waiting for a decent proposal and negotiating with that.  It is the curse of the modern era (highest bidder, not highest quality) and I would dearly love a DS game from Disney that I wouldn't be embarrassed to own and play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.