Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Entertainment System

Platform »

The NES, also known as Famicom, launched in 1983 in Japan and 1985 in North America, where the video game industry was headed downhill due to a deluge of poor games and over-saturation. Nintendo's second home console became an enormous success, establishing consoles as a mainstream market in Japan and pulling the North American industry back to its feet.

Nintendo to Sell Tiny Nintendos This November

drockus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By drockus

Considering I can buy a modded Wii from some shady dude on craigslist that has every single nes, snes, gameboy, TB16, master system, genesis, and gamegear game every made for the same price...I think I'll pass.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

It's cute, and it will be perfect for teaching my kids about some classic NES games. :D

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Waiting for the SNES version. The NES was great as a kid when it was the only console I had but it hasn't aged well. Apart from Mario, Megaman and Zelda I don't see anything good and I've played those to death anyway.

Inert_Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Inert_Krypton
    Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between Pokemon go and this Nintendo in a very short span of time has reversed their fortunes from a company that was on the ropes with a very questionable future, to a company poised to take over the world (again). Good job guys. Back to printing your own money it seems.

aquacadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Between Pokemon go and this Nintendo in a very short span of time has reversed their fortunes from a company that was on the ropes with a very questionable future, to a company poised to take over the world (again). Good job guys. Back to printing your own money it seems.

They were never on the ropes. Their backlog of games, IPs and nostalgia plays are worth billions of dollars. Now their console business is STILL at risk outside of this recent successes. You could argue they may be on the brink of some very large structural changes with respect to who the company employs. That said Nintendo will be making games and putting out old releases of things from the past for a long long time to come.

Benmo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezwaan: Yeah, the checkpoint system is a great move. I've tried to download emulators in the past by looking at suggestions on forums and every one I download comes with a bunch of viruses and/or bloatware, so I've just given up on that route.

oasisbeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bururian said:

The fun thing about it is that it's also super portable so you can take it with you as needed.

Sure, I can get some of these games on my 3DS, but this guy is also a conversational piece. A thing to bring people together. I sure as heck think it's really cool and would change out some games for others, but in lieu of some games not being on VC or having flea markets to find old NES games, I'll take this guy. I will definitely buy one of the controllers so I can in fact play the NES games I DO have on my VC with the originally intended controller.

Never heard of Emulators? Tablet + Controller = this x every game ever made, or phone... It's cool, but, should have put 50 games at least. A few sport games to play with others like Tecmo Bowl, or Ice Hockey, Blades of steel. I know Tecmo Bowl is there, but, it's so boring vs cpu and too easy.

bururian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm definitely going to be buying this as well.. but damn do I wish it had Ice Hockey on it! That is still a great "arcade" hockey game.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think these will be HARD to find because of high demand. If anyone sees these go up on Amazon PLEASE write a forum post because I want to pre-order.

charzar81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's right "River City Motherfucking Ransom"! haha

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#213  Edited By grilledcheez

I feel like these will do pretty well, especially at that price point...I'm not even that into the games from a nostalgia point, but I'd probably but it anyway just because!

MindChamber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@johnnymcginley: I thought this was an emulator? I mean its 30 games on a single board. if its not playing the cartridges, then its emulating them, yes?

lemonliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By lemonliam

It would be cool if they threw in Shovel Knight into this package. I know, not an NES game, but a great NES style game.

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Error52

@benmo316: I'm...not sure where you're getting emulators from. The only notable time that bloatware has ever been attached to, as far as I know, is project64.

Benmo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@error52: I don't recall which ones I tried to download, it was a couple years ago.

Dr_Unorthadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not sure this has been mentioned. You can order this now for 50 quid in the uk with a release date for 11th november from the nintendo store or amazon... 8 quid for a controller

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.