Be honest, when you first learned of the 2DS did you think it was a joke?

Posted by mikey87144 (1482 posts) 7 months, 20 days ago

Be honest, when you first learned of the 2DS did you think it was a joke? (44 votes)

Yes 73%
No 27%

I'm not saying the product itself is a joke it's just I thought the announcement was actually a joke. I clicked the article that was linked on Twitter just to be sure and even then did a Google search.

#1 Edited by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

Kinda.

#2 Edited by Morningstar (2042 posts) -

Nope.

#4 Posted by Sterling (1724 posts) -

I still think its a joke.

#5 Edited by GunstarRed (4728 posts) -

No, because Nintendo make poor decisions.

#7 Posted by Wolfgame (572 posts) -

I mean in name it seems like a joke, because it send a message that nintendo is second guessing the necessity of 3d features for the console. To me that is the biggest news of this whole thing, we are witnessing some backpeddling on a feature set that nintendo considered one of the highest benefits of the original system. Now they are making a seperate model for the express purpose of circumventing the 3d feature. It sounds like a solid idea to me. They will release the system at a reasonable price point that will deliver to players who don't have an interest in 3d features.

#8 Posted by XenoNick (1367 posts) -

Yup. It looks so dumb I couldn't believe it.

#9 Edited by XenoNick (1367 posts) -

Yup. It looks so dumb I couldn't believe it.

#10 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

The name, yes, but the system is a good idea and will sell. People saying otherwise will be proven wrong I think.

#11 Edited by spraynardtatum (2120 posts) -

Why doesn't it fold? It looks massive for a "portable" system.

It should come with a purse or a satchel.

#12 Edited by punkxblaze (2877 posts) -

I still think its a joke.

Word for word what I was going to post, so instead of posting it I'm going to give you the requisite ZING.

#13 Edited by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

Yes. I did think it was a joke at first.

#14 Posted by Marcsman (2873 posts) -

Yes but I am a little slow on the uptake.

#15 Posted by Masterherox (59 posts) -

Why doesn't it fold? It looks massive for a "portable" system.

It should come with a purse or a satchel.

Watching the trailer, it looked like it did.

At least, the kid put it in one near the end.

This seems like something kids would stick in their backpacks.

#16 Edited by super2j (1610 posts) -

its amazing how everyone, including me, all reacted the EXACT same way when we learned of this.

#17 Posted by Spankmealotus (269 posts) -

I thought it was a joke when I saw the name of it. I even initially thought WTF is this thing for. Then I learned that it is aimed at kids younger than 7 and it started making a lot more sense. No moving parts and more sturdy and no 3D which is apparently not okay for kids under 7 based on the warnings on my 3ds although I'm not sure why that is. Given these things it started making a lot more sense. This is why Nintendo do what Nintendo do and I just work at a regular job.

#18 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Those screens are gonna be so scratched with it being out in the open...

#19 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

I first saw it on tumblr so kind of.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.