Calling all Red Names!

• 70 results
#1 Posted by JauntyHat (323 posts) -

Where the hell are you guys? Seriously it seems like they're the rarest bunch of users on this site. I love Nintendo and would even consider myself a fanboy but even I don't have a redname by choice.

I'm curious what the general ratio is on Giantbomb between users and color of name.

Is there just no hardcore Nintendo love anymore?

#2 Edited by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Nintendo makes my favorite console games, but I play more on my PC.

It might change if the WiiU is really good, because I'm really loving my 3DS right now.

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

You answered your own question. Because they are the rarest bunch of users on the site.

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I wonder why giantbomb even has the colored name feature. I would figure them to be against all that system wars stuff. At least no one on the forums cares.

#5 Posted by iAmJohn (6109 posts) -

Colored names are dumb.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11701 posts) -

Um, if it helps, I would be red if I wasn't black (or white, for all you black people). I really enjoy Nintendo's handhelds, especially the DS.

#7 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I wonder why giantbomb even has the colored name feature. I would figure them to be against all that system wars stuff. At least no one on the forums cares.

yea it's weird. i have a blue name just because i like the color blue. if anything, i play my xbox a lot more than my PS3 so i guess my alignment is pretty much useless.

#8 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

I turn my name red at Christmas time to accompany my Christmas avator. At least, I did once.

#9 Edited by Daveyo520 (6652 posts) -

Oh you guys with red names.

@AjayRaz: GO TO HELL YOU SONY FAN BOY!

PS Green is just the best looking color. That is the real reason to choose a color.

#10 Posted by JBG4 (388 posts) -

I love my 3DS.

#11 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@JBG4 said:

I love my 3DS.

Me too but...

@iAmJohn said:

Colored names are dumb.

#12 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

I only chose it for the name colour.

#13 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I want a purple name.

#14 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

There used to be a lot more back in 2008-2009, before a bunch of forum drama I only heard about after the fact turned into the more...enthusiastic ones leaving for redder pastures.

#15 Posted by BeachThunder (11701 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

I want a purple name.

I approve of this.

#16 Posted by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -
@Brendan

There used to be a lot more back in 2008-2009, before a bunch of forum drama I only heard about after the fact turned into the more...enthusiastic ones leaving for redder pastures.

Linkyshinks was funny as fuck. He came back as Contro hoping not to be noticed then did THE EXACT SAME SHIT HE DID BEFORE. And then there's Oldschool, I think he's gone for good, he got real pissed off.

Ahhh the Nintendo defence force, such silly shit
#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36013 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

I want a purple name.

I want a gold one just to show that he's not the only one who can do that stuff.

#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

The red faction died along with LinkyShinks and Oldschool.

#19 Posted by Zacagawea (1582 posts) -

Sup

#20 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -

Here I is...

I made a poll last year about alignments.  Here.

Current Leader - Neutral 44.3% of 519 votes cast. You cast your vote for "Nintendo".

•     Nintendo      4.2% ( your choice )
  •     Sony            13.9%
  •     Microsoft     12.1%
  •     PC                25.4%
  •     Neutral        44.3%
#21 Posted by Orbitz89 (229 posts) -

Well.. I'm still here, i don't contribute anything, but i'm here.. lurking in the forums.

#22 Posted by mm665 (407 posts) -

There where bunch of them here before Jeff wrote that story about Nintendo magazine and Mario Galaxy 2.

#23 Posted by BeachThunder (11701 posts) -

@Claude said:

Here I is...

I made a poll last year about alignments. Here.

Current Leader - Neutral 44.3% of 519 votes cast. You cast your vote for "Nintendo".

• Nintendo 4.2% ( your choice )
  • Sony 13.9%
  • Microsoft 12.1%
  • PC 25.4%
  • Neutral 44.3%

Now do the 2012 version and see if there's much difference :o

#24 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:

@Claude said:

Here I is...

I made a poll last year about alignments. Here.

• Nintendo 4.2% ( your choice )
  • Sony 13.9%
  • Microsoft 12.1%
  • PC 25.4%
  • Neutral 44.3%

Now do the 2012 version and see if there's much difference :o

Done
#25 Posted by iAmJohn (6109 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

@Brendan

Linkyshinks was funny as fuck. He came back as Contro hoping not to be noticed then did THE EXACT SAME SHIT HE DID BEFORE. And then there's Oldschool, I think he's gone for good, he got real pissed off. Ahhh the Nintendo defence force, such silly shit

You forgot Al3xand3r. He was my favorite because he was so in denial of his fanboyism while getting indignant at the smallest slight against a Wii-exclusive game.

#26 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Those commie bastards...

#27 Posted by iAmJohn (6109 posts) -

God, remember the time OldSchool created some thread about how some website no one cares about that gave TMNT: Smash-Up an F was horrible and discreditable because Metacritic translated their score to a 0, and therefore that website should change their scale because no game deserves a zero and it was dishonest of the quality of the game?

Good fucking times.

#28 Posted by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -
@iAmJohn

God, remember the time OldSchool created some thread about how some website no one cares about that gave TMNT: Smash-Up an F was horrible and discreditable because Metacritic translated their score to a 0, and therefore that website should change their scale because no game deserves a zero and it was dishonest of the quality of the game?

Good fucking times.

The forums are boring as fuck now. Sure you get the occasional mad bastard like Jay but it's not the same. I miss hitman, Nintendo defence force, HD et al
#29 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
#30 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Because aligning yourself to a platform limits your variety of games considerably, especially if it's Nintendo.

#31 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I am a Nintendo fanboy.

#32 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Colored names are indeed super dumb.

#33 Posted by JauntyHat (323 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

Because aligning yourself to a platform limits your variety of games considerably, especially if it's Nintendo.

Since when does aligning with a console on a forum limit your choices? :P

#34 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -
#35 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@supamon: Yeah, if they dropped the alignment, I wouldn't mind. And then they could throw in all kinds of colors. They work for CBSi now, so maybe they can afford more colors.
#36 Edited by SarjuTheRapper (279 posts) -

i forget which color i chose 

EDIT: o, neva mind

#37 Posted by Jolt92 (1542 posts) -

Nintendo makes my favorite games!

#38 Posted by MB (11984 posts) -
#39 Posted by iAmJohn (6109 posts) -
#40 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4636 posts) -

I should probably be red after how much I play my 3DS now, but then there's the problem of the Wii.

Fuck it, I'll just stick with PC so I can feel elite.

#41 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
#42 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

Fuck colored names.

...I wonder if that sounds racist? Fuck it.

#43 Posted by TobbRobb (4580 posts) -

I chose Red because it looks good, and it fits my avatar... I'll defend the N64 and Snes superiority over their counterparts though, not like anyone is going to argue that anyway.

I don't think I've used my Wii for more than 30 or so hours....

#44 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

I guess if I cared enough or had no choice but to pick something it would be Nintendo....or PC since everything on a Nintendo console can technically be found on a PC.

#45 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -

I used to have a red name back when the site started.

#46 Posted by JauntyHat (323 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

I used to have a red name back when the site started.

You console traitor you.

#47 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Well, the Wii happened, so can you really be surprised?

#48 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Glorious PC Master Race checking in here. I'm pretty sure the colors are so we can tell the peasantry apart and turn up our noses accordingly.

#49 Posted by GunstarRed (5030 posts) -

The should add a darker blue Sega alignment, I'd change it to that.

#50 Posted by Humanoid (206 posts) -

Yo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.