E3 2012 - Nintendo Press Conference Discussion

#201 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Spike TV is going to show a Wii U exclusive. I wonder what it is.

#202 Posted by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -

They started strong with Pikmin 3 but after that it was just kind of lame. I'm disappointed Nintendo.

#203 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Sparklykiss said:

So many barefeet. D:

Yeah, it's actually grossing me out.

#204 Posted by Jolt92 (1551 posts) -

I'm completely fucking dissapointed. Fuck you Nintendo.

#205 Posted by TheKing (835 posts) -

Yeppppppp...

#206 Edited by Bob_Loblaw (110 posts) -

@TheKing said:

@Bob_Loblaw said:

No price, date or specs for a system realising later this year. Really? Think the boys may have to pack their bags for TGS this year.

Nintendo said weeks ago they weren't talking about pricing or release date.

Ok didn't realise that. I just remember when that was the norm for a console release.

I get the feeling after having to drop the 3DS price they just aren't confident about what they can charge especially that when they commisioned the WiiU tech they were probably riding the crest of the Wii's popularity.

#207 Posted by Pop (2633 posts) -

only cool thing for me was:

#208 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

NINTENDOLAND!!!!!!!

#209 Edited by ProfessorEss (7371 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse said:

@Sparklykiss said:

So many barefeet. D:

Yeah, just imagine what that WiiFit board smells like. Blluuugh.
#210 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5007 posts) -

@DemiGodRaven said:

@Cloudenvy said:

This image, right here. This is the perfect summary of Nintendo's E3 press event.

"What am I doing with my life?! I want to be a banana!"

#211 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Galiant said:

@Claude said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:
@AlexanderSheen said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I just made a appointment to remove my Zelda tattoo. I'm done, going to fucking neutral.

But you like your red name.

But I dislike being fucked over by Nintendo, again.
Yep, I'm going neutral too. So disappointed.

This is so weird. I thought you guys were Nintendo-supporters because of all the things you've experienced, not their current state.

But, whatever. For reference, my name is blue because I like the color blue.

Just a small protest on my part.
#212 Posted by kogasu (148 posts) -

@MjHealy said:

The 3DS line-up was pretty strong, though, even if it was short.

Yeah, the 3DS had most of the games to be excited for. I don't even really like portablel games.

#213 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@Galiant said:

@Claude said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:
@AlexanderSheen said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I just made a appointment to remove my Zelda tattoo. I'm done, going to fucking neutral.

This is so weird. I thought you guys were Nintendo-supporters because of all the things you've experienced, not their current state.

Hey I love my Wii and all the consoles before it, hell I'm playing my 3DS right now, but I'd really like to play some freaking games on a game console.
#214 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

The WiiU game being announced on Spike TV is developed by Platinum games.

#215 Posted by Kartana (218 posts) -
#216 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

Nintendo, I love you. Why do you keep hurting me?

#217 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

So was there anything worthwhile besides Pikmin? I started watching when they were playing some Mario Party mini game or something.

#218 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Was there any good 3ds stuff shown?

#219 Posted by Fahrenheit (85 posts) -

Ohh boy, this was bad. Looks like more gimmick stuff. Both Rayman and Mario did the same trick about the touch screen user helping the other users beat the level. Also looks like a lot of games will be using a wii mote. That means more waggle. Then they show year old games with some new touchscreen stuff and people clap.

#220 Posted by Zor (656 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse: Just some other mario games, and 3rd party stuff. But no show stealing games.

#221 Posted by Brendan (7807 posts) -

I still think that this was more interesting than Microsoft's conference, but not by much.

#222 Edited by Jackhole (376 posts) -

What else did Nintendo show on this post-conference stream? I just tuned in and they're showing off Batman. Are they just going over all the stuff from the conference?

#223 Posted by Sparklykiss (1965 posts) -

@ProfessorEss said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Sparklykiss said:

So many barefeet. D:

Yeah, just imagine what that WiiFit board smells like. Blluuugh.

I come with disinfectant.

#224 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@Galiant said:

@Claude said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:
@AlexanderSheen said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Hey I love my Wii and all the consoles before it, hell I'm playing my 3DS right now, but I'd really like to play some freaking games on a game console.

Hey, I'm not trying to defend Nintendo here, but I'm sure both you and Claude will get what you want out of the Wii U before long - even if their press conference was incredibly boring.

#225 Posted by Doty8 (5 posts) -

@SlightConfuse: Just Paper Mario, New Super Mario Brothers 2 and Luigi's Mansion, but Nintendo is having another conference solely on 3DS stuff tomorrow night (9PM EST, I believe)

#226 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@Galiant said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@Galiant said:

@Claude said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:
@AlexanderSheen said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Hey, I'm not trying to defend Nintendo here, but I'm sure both you and Claude will get what you want out of the Wii U before long - even if their press conference was incredibly boring.

I know, don't worry!
But the thing here is that I'm not feeling like going through a Wii again.
There were more breaks in games than in today's tv shows, we're talking half years and whole years before there's stuff out worth buying! 

I own 40+ Gamecube games, but barely 10 Wii games.
#227 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

I am confused, is nintendoland an actual, physical theme park, I saw the stream on my phone but sound was not working.

#228 Edited by LiquidPrince (15949 posts) -

That was pretty terrible... How could you not even announce a price...?

#229 Posted by lawrence_of_suburbia (30 posts) -

I don't think that could of been much worse. Too much social media talk and not enough games. Too bad the stuff they showed outside of Paper Mario and Pikmin 3 looked boring.

#230 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1117 posts) -

I wonder what this mysterious Platinum Games title is.

#231 Posted by TheSquarePear (172 posts) -
#232 Posted by Harkat (1102 posts) -

@theoldhouse said:

Microsoft: D

EA: D

Ubisoft: C+

Sony: D+

Nintendo: D

#233 Edited by LiquidPrince (15949 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

On the bright side, as least the conference itself wasn't bad.

Exactly which part of the conference wasn't terrible? Aside from maybe Pikmin, which I care nothing about personally.

#234 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11020 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Exactly which part of the conference wasn't terrible? Aside from maybe Pikman, which I care nothing about personally.

I meant how it was presented. It wasn't that boring, or poorly put together like Ubisoft's.

#235 Posted by LiquidPrince (15949 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Exactly which part of the conference wasn't terrible? Aside from maybe Pikman, which I care nothing about personally.

I meant how it was presented. It wasn't that boring, or poorly put together like Ubisoft's.

I dunno man. I found it pretty boring as they were talking about that Nintendo Land for what seemed like forever.

#236 Posted by masterpaperlink (1843 posts) -

@HarlequinRiot said:

I expected Sony and Microsoft to have tame conferences, but I figured Nintendo's would be more exciting because of the console launch. Felt like a mid-life conference, not a launch one.

more like the death of a console

#237 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

What? Ubisoft's conference was the best one.
#238 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

I kinda want a 3ds now, knowing I got some luigis mansion and 2d mario coming. However, I was planning on getting a Wii U, now I'm not so sure.

#239 Posted by LeYcH (216 posts) -

@Harkat said:

@theoldhouse said:

Microsoft: D

EA: D

Ubisoft: C+

Sony: D+

Nintendo: D

Really?

In my opinion.

Nintendo = F-

Sony = C-

Ubisoft = C+

EA: D+

Microsoft D+

#240 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11020 posts) -

@Claude: Well, I wouldn't say it was the best, but it was the best, you know?

#241 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -

Other than the New Super Mario Bros. U and maybe Lego City Stories, meh. I'm buying a Wii U as soon as possible, but there needs to be more than what they showed. 

And I'm very disappointed Ubisoft didn't pop up and say Watch Dogs will be on the Wii U. That would've made my day.

#242 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:

You guys that quit the stream after the conference missed something really special.

The Photoshop community is gonna have a field day with this.
#243 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Dalai: Spike had Ubisoft on and the dude said Watch Dogs was going to be released for the PC, Xbox 360 and the PS3. No WiiU mention.
#244 Posted by PHenry1991 (137 posts) -

Well apparently they're gonna show off a platinum games wiiU exclusive on spike. Seems weird that it wasn't shown during the press conference.

#245 Posted by Jackhole (376 posts) -

@PHenry1991: It's called Project P-100

#246 Posted by Shaka999 (480 posts) -

Platnium's Trailer for their new WiiU game: has my interest.

#247 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -
@Claude said:
@Dalai: Spike had Ubisoft on and the dude said Watch Dogs was going to be released for the PC, Xbox 360 and the PS3. No WiiU mention.
I guess it will be the PC version for me unless Ubisoft decides to port it or something.
#248 Posted by Otzlowe (337 posts) -

The saddest part is, even though Nintendo is not getting any more in touch with fans, everyone is going to keep supporting them (as we always do) and make their misguided ventures a commercial success.

So they'll keep doing it. :(

#249 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I seriously don't know what people where specting to their new console is called Wii U... "Wii" again did you honeslty think they were gonna stop making family friendly minigame collections? the conference was just about as Nintendo as Nintendo could've been.

#250 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

You guys are so dramatic. No expectation management whatsoever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.