[First Post!] Loving Nintendo Once Again

Posted by ThaiDSiri (22 posts) -

Nintendo is the company that introduced alot of gamers I know, and I assume tons more, to games, and how you can love them. In a hobby sense of course. With the recent news of the Wii U aiming at the original Nintendo fans, such as the ones who bought the Nintendo 3DS (I enjoying using and having mine on me thoroughly), I am DEFINITELY ready for a modern Xbox or Playstation experience, with Nintendo's passion and fun.

Sadly, Nintendo has been branded as a company that accommodates to kids. Frankly, many don't even know or remember the quality and content of a Nintendo product. The Wii, while doing good as a family system, did not have that feel right off the but, putting many of the fans off to it, and perhaps putting the Nintendo fans in a hibernation like state from Nintendo. Yes, they are very PG by nature, but by playing Pushmo, I have rediscovered the magic Nintendo offers EVEN IF it is presented in a childlike manor. I could go on about the quality games that they have made, but even the general software on the 3DS is MINDBLOWING to me. Streetpass makes me want every person on earth to own a 3DS. The 3DSWare/eShop may not be a new idea, but the speed, and fluidity of the shop is great, and in my opinion, on par with Steam, ( Maybe I am being to gracious to the eShop but goddamn, in comparison to the DSi shop....Wow.)

To summarize, I love Nintendo again, after many long years of Xboxing and Pc-ing, and I have to say, I am excited about Nintendo's presence again. I just hope they don't mess up, but there is much faith. I look forward with high hopes.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and feel free to give any feedback.

#1 Posted by ThaiDSiri (22 posts) -

Nintendo is the company that introduced alot of gamers I know, and I assume tons more, to games, and how you can love them. In a hobby sense of course. With the recent news of the Wii U aiming at the original Nintendo fans, such as the ones who bought the Nintendo 3DS (I enjoying using and having mine on me thoroughly), I am DEFINITELY ready for a modern Xbox or Playstation experience, with Nintendo's passion and fun.

Sadly, Nintendo has been branded as a company that accommodates to kids. Frankly, many don't even know or remember the quality and content of a Nintendo product. The Wii, while doing good as a family system, did not have that feel right off the but, putting many of the fans off to it, and perhaps putting the Nintendo fans in a hibernation like state from Nintendo. Yes, they are very PG by nature, but by playing Pushmo, I have rediscovered the magic Nintendo offers EVEN IF it is presented in a childlike manor. I could go on about the quality games that they have made, but even the general software on the 3DS is MINDBLOWING to me. Streetpass makes me want every person on earth to own a 3DS. The 3DSWare/eShop may not be a new idea, but the speed, and fluidity of the shop is great, and in my opinion, on par with Steam, ( Maybe I am being to gracious to the eShop but goddamn, in comparison to the DSi shop....Wow.)

To summarize, I love Nintendo again, after many long years of Xboxing and Pc-ing, and I have to say, I am excited about Nintendo's presence again. I just hope they don't mess up, but there is much faith. I look forward with high hopes.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and feel free to give any feedback.

#2 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

I wish I loved Nintendo enough to get Wii. I want The Last Story. :(

#3 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

3DS is that good huh? It's hard for me to believe the eshop is good after seeing Wiiware and DSiware shop.

Come to think of it even the experience I had with 3DS kiosk in store was not that good. It had Assault Horizon Legacy demo but only if you search for it by manually typing in the name, and even then the words Ace Combat produces 0 results.

#4 Posted by Rave (370 posts) -

The 3ds shop is still a joke unless something's changes since the weekend. There is a section callers under $5 and there are like 6 games all listed at above $5 under that section. There are hardly new releases and the prices are fairly high. And unless I am mistaken why do the Nes games I own that are on the shop have to be repurchased? My psp allows me to play ps1 games on whatever I want.
The 3ds still needs more quality games it's barren right now.

#5 Posted by Rave (370 posts) -

Sorry for the typos, I posted from my phone and there is still no way to edit from the mobile site.

#6 Posted by yoshisaur (2607 posts) -

I don't understand, I thought his comment on returning to the original audience was more mysterious than it was obvious. I mean, what can Nintendo do for us that Super Mario Galaxy, the latest iteration of Kirby, and etc?

Don't get me wrong, nothing is better than Nintendo entering back into the market as an equal competitor in it's audience eyes, but I just don't see how they can really do a game-change when a lot of SNES/N64/Gamecube titles we loved were 3rd party.

#7 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -

I never lost my love for Nintendo. Though the Wii isn't my main console, I do use it to play a lot of virtual games and Nintendo's first party games.

#8 Posted by ThaiDSiri (22 posts) -

@egg: @Rave: Compared to the DSi and Wiiware layouts, its great.

@ccampb89: Refreshers of existing IPs are always fun is they add their pizzaz to it, but as I said, things like Pushmo are what I'd like to see. Also, Smash bros/ Mariokart online, BUT REAL ONLINE. Also as the bombcrew seem to think, the new IPs are gonna start to come out when the new gen of consoles role around. Real message was that I'm excited to see whats up next yknaw?

#9 Posted by Jeust (10451 posts) -

Personally I'm not a fan of Nintendo, mostly its games, because I've played enough Super Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Star Fox, to wish to play it again. 

Still I might buy a Wii, for Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Xenoblade, Kirby Epic Yarn, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Monster Hunter Tri, Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil Remake.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.