Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

My Take On Nintendo

• 71 results
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Is My Nintendo Hate Justified?

I don't like Nintendo. The unbelieveable success of Nintendo's 'peddeling vastly outdated hardware for huge profits' business scheme, which is borderline criminal. The oblivious audience Nintendo's products attract. The backwardness of their gamedesign and the stubborn attitude not to update any of their highly formulaic franchises to modern industry standards, like having kick-ass voiceovers. All of which makes me want to puke in disgust. I know Nintendo's core franchises are fun - but they have barely evolved since they made the step to 3D back on the N64 over a decade ago. I've played 'em all. Iteration over iteration over iteration. Nintendo is peddling the same old tired shit over and over and over again. Even their current hardware is nothing else than a Frankenstein Gamecube with a Wiimote attached to it.

I wish that Nintendo fails within 5 years and drops out of the hardware business to become a software publisher only. But since they're the only ones making profits with hardware... it's just not gonna happen. I fucking hate their guts! Don't you too? Sleazy bastards!
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By bonbolapti

What did they do to you again?

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By luce

Where did Nintendo touch you..

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

I love my goddamn Wii. Really, I do. As for Nintendo, just give me more of what I love.

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By fripplebubby
    @Seppli: Yeah, I agree. Just because a game is on a Nintendo platform, it seems like our standards are lower. That isn't right, and especially with the type of money they get from it. 
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli

Nintendo has failed my generation and moved on to betray the next! Nintendo preys on innocence and drops you as soon as you grow your own facial hair, boobs or both. Sleazy band of kiddy lovers!

Why can't the Zelda franchise grow up with me!?! Why? God dammit!

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho
    @Seppli said:
    " Nintendo has failed my generation and moved on to betray the next! Nintendo preys on innocence and drops you as soon as you grow your own facial hair, boobs or both. Sleazy band of kiddy lovers!  Why can't the Zelda franchise grow up with me!?! Why? God dammit! "
    Go play Darksiders. Apparently its "Zelda like" but easier and "grittier", great for manboys who lack the skill of their youth. Also, Microsoft and Playstation are following suit, so maybe you just hate all modern games or maybe you just had that something is now inclusive to the general public because it doesn't "belong" to social inepts anymore. Or maybe this is a mask for some other issue in your life you don't want to deal with.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seppli
    @ryanwho said:

" @Seppli said:

" Nintendo has failed my generation and moved on to betray the next! Nintendo preys on innocence and drops you as soon as you grow your own facial hair, boobs or both. Sleazy band of kiddy lovers!  Why can't the Zelda franchise grow up with me!?! Why? God dammit! "
    Go play Darksiders. Apparently its "Zelda like" but easier and "grittier", great for manboys who lack the skill of their youth. Also, Microsoft and Playstation are following suit, so maybe you just hate all modern games or maybe you just had that something is now inclusive to the general public because it doesn't "belong" to social inepts anymore. Or maybe this is a mask for some other issue in your life you don't want to deal with. "

I'm pretty sure it's a real and justified hatred of Nintendo and it's nature, not missguided selfhatred. Let me be the judge of that!
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AURON570

4 words, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. xDDDDDDD

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel
    @Seppli said:
    How old are you, again?

The thing is, the Zelda franchise has grown up in a lot of ways.  No, the games aren't soaked in blood and have yet to feature voice acting, but the average Zelda game is still superior to most titles you'd find on any given platform for reasons other than the superficial.  And as basic as they can be on the surface, there have been Zelda games with some startlingly dark themes like Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening and Twilight Princess.  And even in the case where things weren't as good as they could have been, such as Twilight Princess, Nintendo has admitted their dissatisfaction and their intent to refresh the series in the next game, which unlike TP is being designed for the Wii from the ground up.
    Lestater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lestater

I agree with you to a degree on the Zelda games, I feel like Twilight Princess took a step forward by having Link as an Adult and having a slightly darker tone to the game, but I don't see it progressing any further on the Wii.  I want a darker Zelda game on a console with actual next-gen graphics, but that possibility looks bleak even with the idea of a new Nintendo Console.  But I don't know about voice acting in Zelda games just because I have my own idea of what the characters sound like and it could just bug me to have some shitty english dubs.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

Why did you write this when tomorrow you'll probably wake up thinking "Why did I bother writing this down?". No one needs to explain their opinions here, over your upsetting opinion. Just think about what you write next time. I hate when people do this sort of stuff no matter what it is.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#13  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Seppli: If you are going to say anything even remotely negative about Nintendo you should be willing to accept the consequences of your action. Hopefully the body will be recognizable when they are done with you. I wish you luck in your journey, but don't envy your fate.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

All I want is a Pokemon MMO, that's it...

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Claude
    @NTM said:
    " Why did you write this when tomorrow you'll probably wake up thinking "Why did I bother writing this down?". No one needs to explain their opinions here, over your upsetting opinion. Just think about what you write next time. I hate when people do this sort of stuff no matter what it is. "
    They're his feelings. I feel his pain. Hell, fuck and damn I love my Wii, but what the fuck sometimes doesn't escape my mind. I want more, but alas, the bar has been set and it ain't high.
    Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Knives

I enjoy playing my nostalgia-box. You just need to lighten up.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Emilio

Nobody bitched when Sony did it...

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Red

When you buy a Nintendo system, you are saying "I like Mario and Zelda" 

If you fail to utter that phrase correctly, you're buying a paperweight. 
    Although, then there are fantastically imaginative and unique Wii game like Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, that really could only be done on the system.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seppli
    @Hailinel said:

" @Seppli said:

How old are you, again?  The thing is, the Zelda franchise has grown up in a lot of ways.  No, the games aren't soaked in blood and have yet to feature voice acting, but the average Zelda game is still superior to most titles you'd find on any given platform for reasons other than the superficial.  And as basic as they can be on the surface, there have been Zelda games with some startlingly dark themes like Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening and Twilight Princess.  And even in the case where things weren't as good as they could have been, such as Twilight Princess, Nintendo has admitted their dissatisfaction and their intent to refresh the series in the next game, which unlike TP is being designed for the Wii from the ground up. "

Seriously ? Mechanically everything is still rather unsophisticated and simple. Each and every gameplay mechanic. Simple, samey and tired. Look at Zelda's combat system. It doesn't live up to Ninja Gaiden, God of War or Devil May Cry - but it could, if Nintendo would dare to 'mature' the gameplay mechanics. To evolve them.

And how is storytelling superficial? Bioware games live from superb storytelling - for example. I don't see Zelda evolve it's storytelling. At most, a story is hinted at. With no real character progression or the telling of an intriguing plot whatsoever. Nintendo doesn't dare touching their formulas, because they fear they'll fail at transfering them into current times. They're sackless pansies!

Which brings me to another point. All of Nintendo's core franchise are extremely formulaic. They feel the same. They sound the same. They do same progression. They have the same flow. Iteration over iteration over iteration. All the same. How's that not a problem for so many of you? I myself grew increasingly tired of Nintendo formulas. Even worse than that, is that Nintendo doesn't try anything new. The last good and innovative core game coming from Nintendo was the Metroid Prime franchise. Ever since then - only casual gaming innovations and boring formualic Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart games.

I can't understand Nintendo letting go of their former customers just like that. My tastes have changed. Nintendo hasn't. Doesn't even try. Why? Because Nintendo are sleazy kiddy lovers, unable to cater to anything else but fresh unspoiled innocent minds. Nintendo got no love to share with those gamers who grew up to want more of their games, than just pure uncut gameplay. I want story. I want style. I want deep mechanics. I want physics simulation. I want blood and gore. I want explosions. I want beans, bullets and bandages. I want more spice on my gameplay. Nintendo only got fluff. Nintendo couldn't do spicy and stylish games if they tried.

The steamless, almost 'prehestoric' Wii doesn't help either!
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Seppli

Guess the topic at hand is...

LOST LOVE

How can you still love Nintendo after all it didn't do?
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " All I want is a Pokemon MMO, that's it... "
    i want to see a 3D pokemon game that is just like the gameboy games just in 3D. i've been wanting this for years now. 

nintendo failed me when i bought a gamecube. i bought a gamecube expecting the same excitement from the n64. i ended up spending more on my ps2 then gamecube. it just lays there back a couple of years ago.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Afroman269

Quick someone set off the Wii Defense Force signal NOW!!!!!

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By keyhunter

I agree with this post. I was also duped into buying a Wii, and all I've done is play F-Zero GX with it. I gave it to my 4 year old nephew 2 years ago and no games have been released since then that made me think "Maybe I should get my wii back and play _____ that just came out." I already played Twighlight princess which was pretty great. But you don't need a Wii to play that. So really I've got to ask myself, why did I buy a Wii if it serves no purpose other than to amuse my 4 year old nephew who only uses it to play Wii bowling? Everything that they release for it is either a step backwards, or garbage. (You can't just give Mario a set of moves, regardless of how useless some of them may be, and then take them away.)

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ryanwho
    @sidescroller said:
    " They iterate on their franchises all the time!  I don't understand what people want.  If they don't put out core franchises, they say they're "Not catering to the core audience".  If they put out tons of games, people say they "Aren't changing enough" "
    You can't win with perpetual pubescents once you're popular. "The man" can't do good no matter what, and the man manifests itself in whatever happens to be popular. Its just a phase teens go through. Most of the time.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MikkaQ

As mad fanboy-y as this thread is, I would agree that after porting everything to N64, nintendo got LAAAZY. They got away with it on the gamecube, but seeing the same game a 3rd time over with motion controls... not doing for me. 

The DS though... fuck I love me some DS. That's how I still love nintendo. The wii will pass. One day they'll get back on track. Maybe hire someone other than Mr. Martinet for ALL their VOs. Until then... the DS will live on in awesomeness.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Claude
    @keyhunter said:
    " I agree with this post. I was also duped into buying a Wii, and all I've done is play F-Zero GX with it. I gave it to my 4 year old nephew 2 years ago and no games have been released since then that made me think "Maybe I should get my wii back and play _____ that just came out." I already played Twighlight princess which was pretty great. But you don't need a Wii to play that. So really I've got to ask myself, why did I buy a Wii if it serves no purpose other than to amuse my 4 year old nephew who only uses it to play Wii bowling? Everything that they release for it is either a step backwards, or garbage. (You can't just give Mario a set of moves, regardless of how useless some of them may be, and then take them away.) "
    There are some great third party games for the Wii, but my issue is with Nintendo and its franchises and the frequency of how they release them. You're missing out on some great games, but maybe they're not your cup of tea.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#27  Edited By Hailinel
    @Seppli said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Seppli said:
    How old are you, again?  The thing is, the Zelda franchise has grown up in a lot of ways.  No, the games aren't soaked in blood and have yet to feature voice acting, but the average Zelda game is still superior to most titles you'd find on any given platform for reasons other than the superficial.  And as basic as they can be on the surface, there have been Zelda games with some startlingly dark themes like Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening and Twilight Princess.  And even in the case where things weren't as good as they could have been, such as Twilight Princess, Nintendo has admitted their dissatisfaction and their intent to refresh the series in the next game, which unlike TP is being designed for the Wii from the ground up. "
    Seriously ? Mechanically everything is still rather unsophisticated and simple. Each and every gameplay mechanic. Simple, samey and tired. Look at Zelda's combat system. It doesn't live up to Ninja Gaiden, God of War or Devil May Cry - but it could, if Nintendo would dare to 'mature' the gameplay mechanics. To evolve them.  And how is storytelling superficial? Bioware games live from superb storytelling - for example. I don't see Zelda evolve it's storytelling. At most, a story is hinted at. With no real character progression or the telling of an intriguing plot whatsoever. Nintendo doesn't dare touching their formulas, because they fear they'll fail at transfering them into current times. They're sackless pansies!  Which brings me to another point. All of Nintendo's core franchise are extremely formulaic. They feel the same. They sound the same. They do same progression. They have the same flow. Iteration over iteration over iteration. All the same. How's that not a problem for so many of you? I myself grew increasingly tired of Nintendo formulas. Even worse than that, is that Nintendo doesn't try anything new. The last good and innovative core game coming from Nintendo was the Metroid Prime franchise. Ever since then - only casual gaming innovations and boring formualic Mario, Zelda and Mariocart games.  I can't understand Nintendo letting go of their former customers just like that. My tastes have changed. Nintendo hasn't. Doesn't even try. Why?  Because Nintendo are sleazy kiddy lovers, unable to cater to anything else but fresh unspoiled innocent minds. Nintendo got no love to share with those gamers who grew up to want more of their game, than just pure uncut gameplay. I want story. I want style. I want deep mechanics. I want physics simulation. I want blood and gore. I want explosions. I want beans, bullets and bandages. I want more spice on my gameplay. Nintendo only got fluff. Nintendo couldn't do spicey and stylish games if they tried. "
    I'm sorry, I started laughing the moment you attempted to compare Zelda's combat directly to Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, and God of War.  All three of those games are action games; they put action above everything else.  Zelda has never been strictly about combat.  If those are the games you're basing your comparison off of, I'm not entirely sure what it is you want.  It's like complaining that Mario Strikers Charged fails as a soccer simulation.

As far as the storylines in Zelda go, it's true that most of them follow a very traditional formula.  You play as a guy named Link who runs around Hyrule in an effort to save Princess Zelda from some abominable force that is more than likely Ganon.  However, the devil is in the details.  Take a look at Twilight Princess.  Link isn't some kid from a magical Neverland ala Ocarina of Time.  He's a normal Hylian like most everyone else.  He lives near a village, has a girl that likes him, and pretty much has his own life.  Then shit happens, and you spend a good chunk of the early game running around before you've even been handed the traditional green tunic and cap.  No other Zelda game etablishes Link so successfully as such a mundane character.  Yes, he turns out to be a great hero, but before that?  He's running around on his horse herding goats.

Alternatively, let's go back to the original Game Boy and Link's Awakening.  A game set inside Link's own dream, you eventually learn that the only way to wake up is to summon the Wind Fish, yet by doing so the world within Link's dream and all of its inhabitants will vanish, despite a character like Marin having dreams of her own.  The game could have easily fallen into the trap of "Oh, it's only a dream, lol, who cares?" but the game gives Marin and other characters personality that the player comes to associate with and care about.  There's a level of connection where I feel like kind of an asshole for waking up.  It's also worth noting that hey, Link's Awakening features neither Zelda nor Ganon.  Just like Majora's Mask features neither Zelda nor Ganon.

And as far as the basic progression goes, Majora's Mask pretty much upends the entire traditional flow.  Try playing that game like you would Ocarina of Time, and you'd screw yourself over very quickly.  Or heck, go all the way back to Zelda II.  Explain to me how that game is just the same old flow as the rest?

If you really think that Nintendo doesn't try anything new, you're mistaken there, as well.  While Metroid Prime was an excellent reenvisioning of what a Metroid game can be, Pikmin was an entirely new concept that came about around the same time.  More recently, Mario Galaxy took the idea of space in a 3D platformer and did absolutely amazing things with it.  In the past decade, we've seen WarioWare wackiness, rhythm insanity in Rhythm Heaven, and a Fire Emblem game in Radiant Dawn that flipped many of the series's traditional concepts on their heads.  Nintendo has done all sorts of new things, even if some of them came about in older franchises.

If what you want is story, Nintendo has produced many such games that provide that in spades.  If you want blood and gore, Nintendo's made some of that, too.  You want beans?  Well, Mario & Luigi:  Superstar Saga took place in the Beanbean Kingdom (and was filled with some of the most ridiculous dialogue you'd find in any game).

You have a problem, and it's that you can't see the forest.  All you see are individual trees, and the ones you focus on are thet ones that tend toward NIntendo's family-friendly image.  It's a well-deserved image; I'm not saying that Nintendo doesn't put out games that are more fun for younger audiences, but at the same time, they make plenty of fantastic games that older audiences can enjoy, even if not all of them are as "mature" as you think they should be.
    Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gruff182

I couldn't agree more and i'm astonished at what their 'fans' let them get away with.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Claude
    @Gruff182 said:
    " I couldn't agree more and i'm astonished at what their 'fans' let them get away with. "
    So, you're not a fan of video games. That's so sad.
    Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

personally, i like that nintendo isn't following in line with what everyone else is doing

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By imhuntad

I wish I used the money that I spent on my Wii towards a PS3. Even though I already have a 360, the PS3 exclusives alone would give me more gameplay than my Wii has. I'm not hating on it, I'm simply bored of it. Like the OP says, I get tired of playing the same series' all the time that have little to no improvements.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gruff182
    @Claude said:
    " @Gruff182 said:
    " I couldn't agree more and i'm astonished at what their 'fans' let them get away with. "
    So, you're not a fan of video games. That's so sad. "
    Good logic.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MikkaQ

I THINK I found the missing link. 

They haven't made an F-Zero game yet for the wii. 

They still have a chance at being awesome. Just... do it well.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Akeldama

While extremely exaggerated and even slightly butthurt, OP is right. Nintendo havent evolved at all over the past decade. 

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Seppli
    @Akeldama said:
    " While extremely exaggerated and even slightly butthurt, OP is right. Nintendo havent evolved at all over the past decade.  "
    Exaggerated to great effect, as I find!
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Seppli
    @sidescroller said:
    " @Seppli said:
    " @ryanwho said:

" @sidescroller said:

" They iterate on their franchises all the time!  I don't understand what people want.  If they don't put out core franchises, they say they're "Not catering to the core audience".  If they put out tons of games, people say they "Aren't changing enough" "

You can't win with perpetual pubescents once you're popular. "The man" can't do good no matter what, and the man manifests itself in whatever happens to be popular. Its just a phase teens go through. Most of the time. "

And slaves tend to be proud of having built strange men's pyramids. What's your point?

What the hell does that even mean in context?!  Also, Aliens built the pyramids, so of course the slaves wanted to act all proud about it and take the credit. "

It's the other side of the same coin man! Get with the times - man. Watcha think I'd say... to ryanwho is such an arrogant prick?
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Claude
    @Tarsier said:
    " I agree 1000% with the OP.   I sold my Wii and I am never buying a Nintendo product again. "
    That's just stupid. Pretty much dumb too. Sorry for your loss, in brain cells.
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By agentboolen

@Seppli: Its true Nintendo's game design is more for kids. Even with that said I can play games like Ninja Gaiden, Call of Duty, Street Fighter 4, Forza, Halo, Gears of War, and all the other fun grown up games and still find a way to enjoy Nintendo's Kiddish game design. Your going to tell me you did not enjoy Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart (with the Wii Wheel), or the New Super Mario Bros? Maybe Nintendo doesn't need to grow with us, but maybe we have to keep some of Nintendo with us as we grow. It can't all be Guns, Blood and Sex.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Claude
    @Tarsier said:
    " @Claude said:

" @Tarsier said:

" I agree 1000% with the OP.   I sold my Wii and I am never buying a Nintendo product again. "
    That's just stupid. Pretty much dumb too. Sorry for your loss, in brain cells. "
    And you have just been having a great old time with your Wii haven't you? you clever man. "
    You have no idea. My poor Xbox 360 has seen only one game bought in the longest while, Assassin's Creed 2. Before that, well, just the Wii. I remember a time from June until November when I never or hardly ever touched my Xbox 360, but hey, that's just me.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @iam3green said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " All I want is a Pokemon MMO, that's it... "
    i want to see a 3D pokemon game that is just like the gameboy games just in 3D. i've been wanting this for years now.   nintendo failed me when i bought a gamecube. i bought a gamecube expecting the same excitement from the n64. i ended up spending more on my ps2 then gamecube. it just lays there back a couple of years ago. "
    yup thats why I hate nintendo, the pokemon franchise could have been a juggernaut, it still could if they make a MMO out of it, it has all the factors to give WoW a run for its money.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Claude
    @ChristOnIce said:
    " I'm certainly with you.  Nintendo is built on greed and laziness.  What is worse is that their fans are complete whores.  They demand nothing from the company they adore.  Both Microsoft and Sony fans seem to take a far more realistic approach and will call the companies on their shit once in a while.  Nintendo fans just bend over and take whatever the Mario maker wants to cram up their asses.  They will praise it to no end, and they will pretend that anyone who doesn't like it only enjoys bloody, mindless first-person shooters.  As several twats above have demonstrated with an inability to differentiate between "mature" and gore. Though the business success kills any hope of it, I would like to see Nintendo pull out of the console market and just develop software.  If they tried putting genuine effort into their flagship games, perhaps they'd be a respectable company again.  And I cannot see how their games would be diminished by better hardware and a real controller. "
    Yeah, they're going to pull out of the hardware business when they're kicking everybody's ass. LOL. What a joke. Get real and dream of better software.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Emilio

I agree with OP over 9000%! 
    Nintendo suck, and the only game they ever make is Mario LOL 
    After third parties releasing game after game after game for core audiences, I decided that there just wasn't enough epic legendary games like Halo 3 and Gears 2 on the Wii, so I sold it to my 2 year old nephew for 200 dollars! He's a sucker for paying that much! AHahhahahaahahha
    Nintendo needs to learn to cater to my tastes, and that they need to go HD so I can play Mario on my 1080p 67" Plasma TV at my mom's house. 

In conclusion, Nintendo sucks cuz all they have is stupid Mario ( LAME KIDDY SHIT ) and Zelda ( For lesbians!! AHHAHAHA )

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Emilio said:
    " I agree with OP over 9000%! Nintendo suck, and the only game they ever make is Mario LOL After third parties releasing game after game after game for core audiences, I decided that there just wasn't enough epic legendary games like Halo 3 and Gears 2 on the Wii, so I sold it to my 2 year old nephew for 200 dollars! He's a sucker for paying that much! AHahhahahaahahhaNintendo needs to learn to cater to my tastes, and that they need to go HD so I can play Mario on my 1080p 67" Plasma TV at my mom's house.  In conclusion, Nintendo sucks cuz all they have is stupid Mario ( LAME KIDDY SHIT ) and Zelda ( For lesbians!! AHHAHAHA ) "

BEST POST EVAR :D
    LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LiquidSwords

Remember Nintendo has been in the gaming business before , and I'm pretty sure its half the posters here, you guys were a speck in your parents eyes. They have been on top and will continue to be on top because yeah, they make games they want to make and not follow trends. XBOX and PS systems are still fairly new and lets see how long they last. I love my XBOX and PS but they are doing what OP was complaining about, nothing but rehashed shit. Better graphics don't mean shit.There are still games that I played in the 80's that are more fun than some of the shit games PS and XBOX are putting out.  I can name so many great games Nintendo has put out. All XBOX and Ps fanboys can say is "OH MAI GOSH GUYZ THE HALOS AND KILL ZONE ARE AWESOME!!11111" Ok cool, what else have they got? Yeah, thought so. 

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MikkaQ
    @LiquidSwords said:
    "  

Remember Nintendo has been in the gaming business before , and I'm pretty sure its half the posters here, you guys were a speck in your parents eyes. They have been on top and will continue to be on top because yeah, they make games they want to make and not follow trends. XBOX and PS systems are still fairly new and lets see how long they last. I love my XBOX and PS but they are doing what OP was complaining about, nothing but rehashed shit. Better graphics don't mean shit.There are still games that I played in the 80's that are more fun than some of the shit games PS and XBOX are putting out.  I can name so many great games Nintendo has put out. All XBOX and Ps fanboys can say is "OH MAI GOSH GUYZ THE HALOS AND KILL ZONE ARE AWESOME!!11111" Ok cool, what else have they got? Yeah, thought so. 

"

I'll take my Katamari Damacy, Banjo-Kazooie, Viva Pinata and LBP as my choice family game over most wii games anyday. Not just mindless shooters. Be fair.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#46  Edited By AgentJ

Shocker, yet another person presents their opinion on the wii as if it is something novel. We get it already. We've heard it a hundred thousand million times before. You think the Wii is a kids system that has nothing but Mario and shovelware. Did this really need yet another thread? The topic has been driven through the core of the earth and back already. Side A presents their reasons for why the Wii is awful, side B refutes their arguements, mudslinging ensues. It's a waste of time and in the end, why does anyone really care? You've made your choice, so what reason is there for picking a fight with everyone that disagrees with you?I think we all know that there is no reason. So what if some people actually appreciate what the Wii has to offer? Are they making you feel uncomforterable with all the fun they may or may not be having?

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By captain_clayman
    @Seppli said:
    chill the fuck out 
    nintendo can do whatever the fuck they want
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Barrock

What do you want? Zelda Theft Horse?

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

@Barrock said:
    " What do you want? Zelda Theft Horse? "
     You know what? Yes.
    thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thejamster

i love their franchises because of the sentimental value of these games that I grew up with. Kind of like re-living my early childhood

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.