Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Nindendo 3DS and Nintendo E3 Conference

padrino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 13

Edited By padrino

Zelda Motion Plus: Epic Fail?

Well it started with a bust. Not even  Miyamoto could demonstrate the accuracy of the Wii motion Plus. They pointed to technical difficulties and that may be the case. I guess we will have to wait until the press get there hands on the new Zelda on the floor.  Still, I think with this demo, I have just lost all interest in using Wiimote and Motion Plus as a way to control classic games. It did not add anything, other than frustration, to Twilight Princess, and I don't see it working well here.

Game Announcements

Zelda, Donky Kong, Goldoneye, and Kid Icarus! Well, as far as game announcement go, Nintendo really nailed what Nintendo fans want. More of the same franchises.  And one new Disney game  Epic Mickey.  Nintendo is laser focused on the youth market and re-making old franchises that appeal to the parents of today's kids. All you can say is it seems to be working. I would have like to see some new franchises or even an announcement of a new HD Wii, it makes sense that Nintendo will keep the Wii/DS train moving without changing what is working so well.

3DS

Hard to tell unless you see it working in person.  Certainly the addition of an analog control (PS3 style pad but bigger) and 3D are enough to refresh interest in the platform. I'm sure it will continue to sell well. Nintendo seems compelled to answer the quesions "How man DS's can one family own?"

Overall

While the Nintendo conference started on a sour note, they went on to announce many of the games that the fans would be exited about.  Not being a big fan myself (other than Zelda) I was still impressed with how they continue to appeal to the much ignored DS/Wii crowd which is probably younger than your typical PS3/360 player. 
    padrino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By padrino

Zelda Motion Plus: Epic Fail?

Well it started with a bust. Not even  Miyamoto could demonstrate the accuracy of the Wii motion Plus. They pointed to technical difficulties and that may be the case. I guess we will have to wait until the press get there hands on the new Zelda on the floor.  Still, I think with this demo, I have just lost all interest in using Wiimote and Motion Plus as a way to control classic games. It did not add anything, other than frustration, to Twilight Princess, and I don't see it working well here.

Game Announcements

Zelda, Donky Kong, Goldoneye, and Kid Icarus! Well, as far as game announcement go, Nintendo really nailed what Nintendo fans want. More of the same franchises.  And one new Disney game  Epic Mickey.  Nintendo is laser focused on the youth market and re-making old franchises that appeal to the parents of today's kids. All you can say is it seems to be working. I would have like to see some new franchises or even an announcement of a new HD Wii, it makes sense that Nintendo will keep the Wii/DS train moving without changing what is working so well.

3DS

Hard to tell unless you see it working in person.  Certainly the addition of an analog control (PS3 style pad but bigger) and 3D are enough to refresh interest in the platform. I'm sure it will continue to sell well. Nintendo seems compelled to answer the quesions "How man DS's can one family own?"

Overall

While the Nintendo conference started on a sour note, they went on to announce many of the games that the fans would be exited about.  Not being a big fan myself (other than Zelda) I was still impressed with how they continue to appeal to the much ignored DS/Wii crowd which is probably younger than your typical PS3/360 player. 
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    padrino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By padrino

If you can tell me how to move posts (from a blog) I would be glad to move it. An admin moved it before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.