Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Nintendo and Nostalgia

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joshth

With the lack of almost any substantial games on the Wii lately, and few great ones on the horizon, many are speaking quite negatively of Nintendo and in some ways I can't blame them.  However no matter what nintendo does wrong, I feel I can always forgive them.  I feel like my love for what nintendo has given me before keeps me from hating them.  My nostalgia of Mario and Link and the many others, keeps my hopes high for Nintendo and the future.  I wanted to know how nostalgia has affected any other duders out there, and what they think about Nintendo right now.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shiftymagician

Nostalgia for Nintendo in particular is reducing to almost being non-existant for me.  Well, at least to the point where I did not bother ever trying to play the Wii that my brother bought which he never uses and is now trying to sell.  I'm sure plenty of people will still wait eagerly for their next installment of Nintendo games with the same characters, but I know I won't be among them anymore.  I always pay attention to new hardware from them and how games are made around them though as it is always interesting.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I've enjoyed every Nintendo console I've owned or played. Their hardware has always been sturdy compared to other console developers. Their games have been entertaining me for years. Very much looking forward to what's next with the Wii U. Skyward Sword first and then the waiting game continues. Except the times I play the games I missed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.