Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Nitendo Hacked by Lulzsec

• 58 results
    WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Not looking forward to it being Microsoft. 

I imagine some serious PS3 fanboys will go crazy if it hits Microsoft. 
    Forgetting that they were the first.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By angelkanarias
    @WoodenPlatypus said:
    Not looking forward to it being Microsoft.  I imagine some serious PS3 fanboys will go crazy if it hits Microsoft. Forgetting that they were the first.
    I'ts not about who got hacked first or last, no system is perfect. And the hacking of any company is wrong, whatever the intentions are.
    WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
    @angelkanarias
    I guess. The they were first thing was a childish jibe at PS3 people. I'm ashamed in myself :( 

Hacking Nintendo has to be the most pointless thing ever. 
    How many people actually play online seriously?
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By angelkanarias
    @WoodenPlatypus said: 
    @angelkanarias: Hacking Nintendo has to be the most pointless thing ever. How many people actually play online seriously?  
    hahaha. i guess they are just trying to show off their 5killz
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#55  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Internet tough guys!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#56  Edited By Hailinel

@Gamer_152 said:

I didn't see this coming. It's interesting that this time round they didn't leak out any inside data and this looks like a genuine effort by LulzSec to expose a hole in Nintendo's security, but put alongside their previous actions this only makes the whole situation more confusing. When they said they were going to hack Sony to begin with they didn't offer any clear logic as to why they were doing it, when they did attack Sony they said that they were only exposing security flaws and that they weren't just showing off hacking skills, but then leaked a bunch of data for unknown reasons anyway, and now this. These guys certainly seem to be skilled hackers, but even if they have some idea of why they're doing this now I'm not convinced they started these attacks with any logic as to what they were doing.

The name of the group should give you all the indication you need regarding their motivations.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57  Edited By ShadowKing7

These hacks have gotta stop because this is getting way too fucking stupid and ridiculous at this point.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@Hailinel said:

@Gamer_152 said:

I didn't see this coming. It's interesting that this time round they didn't leak out any inside data and this looks like a genuine effort by LulzSec to expose a hole in Nintendo's security, but put alongside their previous actions this only makes the whole situation more confusing. When they said they were going to hack Sony to begin with they didn't offer any clear logic as to why they were doing it, when they did attack Sony they said that they were only exposing security flaws and that they weren't just showing off hacking skills, but then leaked a bunch of data for unknown reasons anyway, and now this. These guys certainly seem to be skilled hackers, but even if they have some idea of why they're doing this now I'm not convinced they started these attacks with any logic as to what they were doing.

The name of the group should give you all the indication you need regarding their motivations.

Which makes it all the weirder that they've claimed a genuine motive beyond "Doing it for the lulz". Maybe it's a vague attempt to cover their asses from a legal standpoint?

LostRebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LostRebel
    LostRebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By LostRebel

Nevermind, I found it:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.