Notes from Nintendo Direct: New Yoshi, Old Zelda Headed to Wii U

#251 Posted by ELpork (213 posts) -

@GS_Dan: lol... god damnit... Why can't most commenters be as calm as the dude.

#252 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3749 posts) -

@AxleFGK said:

Yoshi's epic yarn, because Nintendo can't be bothered to come up with something new. rehash those old graphics! woo!

Those old graphics that have only been in one other game ever! Woo!

Maybe someday Nintendo can take as many risks with their series as Halo, Call of Duty, Madden, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War, Uncharted, and God of War.

#253 Edited by Snakepond (96 posts) -

Ahh! Giant Bomb fans. The place where we crap on Nintendo and xbox and praise PC.

I am glad Nintendo is around and these games got me excited.

#254 Posted by VideoGamePhenomHD (1 posts) -

I can't wait till these guys come.

#255 Posted by picko19 (7 posts) -
#256 Posted by The7thDraconian (14 posts) -

And to think that there are so many people that say that Nintendo can only make really bad games for babies.

#257 Posted by Video_Game_King (36124 posts) -

@Wrighteous86 said:

@AxleFGK said:

Yoshi's epic yarn, because Nintendo can't be bothered to come up with something new. rehash those old graphics! woo!

Those old graphics that have only been in one other game ever! Woo!

Maybe someday Nintendo can take as many risks with their series as Halo, Call of Duty, Madden, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War, Uncharted, and God of War.

Or maybe someday people will realize that there's no intrinsic guarantee of quality regarding the labels of "old" and "new".

#258 Posted by buft (3307 posts) -

windwaker in HD, the screenshot looks amazing, don't have a wii u but if i could get one at the right price i would be in for that

#259 Posted by Darth Paul (107 posts) -

I definitely want to get a Wii U eventually, as I'm strictly a Nintendo guy, and my kids are looking forward to getting one as well. The announcement of that Wind Waker HD update certainly makes it that much more of a must buy, but to do so would mean that I'd need to not only buy the system and the game, but also another HDTV to hook it up to as I currently only own one and that's a large reason I haven't yet gotten a Wii U. It's just too much of an investment right now, and who knows if it will ever be affordable for me. I'd much rather see more updates/re-releases such as this for the 3DS like what was done with Ocarina of Time that are much more affordable and can be enjoyed on the go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.