Some weird Year of Luigi video by Nintendo of America

#1 Edited by DarthOrange (3809 posts) -

So apparently this is what Nintendo of America has been up to. After not hearing a peep out of them for months they come out with this promo(?) for New Super Luigi U.

Don't get me wrong, this is a very well done and very entertaining video with several professional parkour people. However, does this actually make any of you want to play New Super Luigi U or buy a Wii U? I doubt this is going to be put on TV or in movie theaters so I have to ask, who the hell was this made for and for what purpose!?!?!? Hell Nabbit only appears in the Wii U games so that chase can really only be appreciated by those that have played the recent games.

Anyway, the Year of the Luigi rages on and shit keeps getting weirder. After the train in Chicago and now this I am curious to see what Nintendo has up its sleeve next for the green guy.

#2 Edited by JasonR86 (9579 posts) -

lol

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Well that's....stupid.

Oh and,

@jasonr86 said:

lol

#4 Edited by DarthOrange (3809 posts) -

Well that's....stupid.

Well I found it entertaining! What would you have rather had Nintendo of America work on instead?

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -

I never knew Luigi was so pear shaped.

#6 Edited by jimmyfenix (3806 posts) -

Play my game....if you know what i am talking about ;)

#7 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

Well that's....stupid.

Well I found it entertaining! What would you have rather had Nintendo of America work on instead?

Something original.

#8 Posted by MocBucket62 (1131 posts) -

I thought this was entertaining and yeah, a little weird. I don't know if that whole video is as weird as the first 11 seconds of this Japanese New Super Luigi ad. What's going on?

#9 Edited by Abendlaender (2733 posts) -

You didn't lie. It was definitely weird.

Also, Luigi doing a handstand on "Square". WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TELL US NINTENDO?!

#10 Posted by cmblasko (1107 posts) -

Of course Nintendo jumps on that hot parkour bandwagon... in 2013.

Cynicism aside, it was a fun little video. Wonder why they didn't put it out earlier?

#11 Edited by Slag (3903 posts) -

. However, does this actually make any of you want to play New Super Luigi U or buy a Wii U?

not me sir.

#12 Edited by Itwongo (1099 posts) -

Oh shit this is a Wayside joint. I love those guys!

But yeah, this doesn't make me want the game any more than I already do.

#13 Edited by KittyVonDoom (445 posts) -

You'd think if those guys were going to buy expensive cameras and editing equipment, they would at least spend something on microphones.

#14 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@darthorange said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Well that's....stupid.

Something original.

Woah! Be careful not to cut anyone with those edges!

#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@darthorange said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Well that's....stupid.

Something original.

Calm down there, dude. Darth, Jason and I are the closest of internet friends and I was making a joke. But seriously, Nintendo is stagnant as shit on the IP side. Denying that is silly. I love them but seriously...come on.

#16 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Why are they using money to make this stuff?

#17 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@mrsignerman44 said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@darthorange said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Well that's....stupid.

Something original.

Calm down there, dude. Darth, Jason and I are the closest of internet friends and I was making a joke. But seriously, Nintendo is stagnant as shit on the IP side. Denying that is silly. I love them but seriously...come on.

While I'm definitely not excited for Super Luigi U, I thought the video was fun. Sorry man, I just don't like people shitting on a video saying it's uninspired when it's obviously just made for laughs.

#18 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@darthorange said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Well that's....stupid.

Something original.

While I'm definitely not excited for Super Luigi U, I thought the video was fun. Sorry man, I just don't like people shitting on a video saying it's uninspired when it's obviously just made for laughs.

Again, it was a playful jab and nothing more.

#19 Edited by DarthOrange (3809 posts) -

@mrsignerman44 said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@darthorange said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Well that's....stupid.

Something original.

NO FUCK YOU!

MODS I WANT HIM BANNED!

#20 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@darthorange said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Well that's....stupid.

Something original.

NO FUCK YOU!

MODS I WANT HIM BANNED!

DON'T BE LIKE THAT, BABY! YOU KNOW I'LL NEVER LET YOU HURT AGAIN.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.