Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

What if Nintendo Did Achievements

Thusian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Thusian

In all likelihood, they will miss the boat on this one come the Wii U, but if Nintendo were to do achievements I imagine it would look like this.

No Caption Provided

Its less about competition and more about sharing what kind of gamer you are with your friends.  Other pages could give statistics like your multiplayer singleplayer and online as a pie graph.
    Thusian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Thusian

In all likelihood, they will miss the boat on this one come the Wii U, but if Nintendo were to do achievements I imagine it would look like this.

No Caption Provided

Its less about competition and more about sharing what kind of gamer you are with your friends.  Other pages could give statistics like your multiplayer singleplayer and online as a pie graph.
    SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SamStrife

I do like the idea that a system profile holds a shit ton of meta data about you.  What types of games you play, percentages, time spent online, average hours and all that jazz....

Thusian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Thusian

also I effed up and have a spelling mistake in the image.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RE_Player1
    If they were going to do it yes I think they would focus on the sharing aspect and not the competition aspect of achievements/trophies. That being said Miyamoto has been on record countless times saying the incentive for playing the game should be for the enjoyment not achievements.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I would rather have a Waluigi game instead.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dingofighter

Send this picture to different sites and say it's a leaked Wii U photo...
    I also really like the idea of a system that tracks a whole lot of information like this

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.