Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Will the next Nintendo console have a Wii Mote or a controller?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

What do you think, will Nintendo's next "Main" console feature a motion sensing controller or a standard controller as the main way of interactiing with the consoles.

I belive they will go all 360/PS3, but still keep the Wii running for all the fans of games like Wii Sports etc

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By carlthenimrod

Motion controller is a guarantee at this point. They're not going to stray away from what made the Wii a smash hit.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By craigbo180
    @Hizang: I'm not sure what you're saying? Are you saying that it will have a motion controller and a more traditional controller?
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hizang

Oh sorry. what I meant was I think that they will create a new console, all HD and has fantastic graphics etc, but will also contuine to support the Wii Console but sticking to games like Just Dance and Wii Sports on there, and keep the next Mario game on the new console
    craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By craigbo180
    @Hizang:  Oh right fair enough. Yeah I don't really think they will go that route I think the new console will have very good graphics but they will stick with the motion controller and quickly drop support for the wii in favor of moving the casuals they have secured over to the new console.
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By sameeeeam

I wonder if the graphical capabilities of this new console will on par with, or superior to, the current gen consoles. If it's the former then Nintendo runs the risk of being left behind once again when Microsoft and Sony go on to announce their own new systems.

On-topic: I think they'll stick with the Wimote. They've invested too much into the casual market to just let it go like that.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hizang

It'd be great if it had a fantastic online experince and store full of killer hits, but I doubt that

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By HairyMike87

I'm sure they'll stick with something along the lines of the wiimote or just use the wiimote+ and stuff. They probably want to be backwards compatible to keep their large casual and hardcore audience to easily adapt to the new console.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

After the wii's success, they're not going to drop the motion controller. They might include a standard controller too, but they're not going to drop motion controls.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Kjellm87

They better, I could never go back to shooting arrows with the control stick now.
    As for the graphics I suspect slightly above 360 and PS3

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Yanngc33

i think they'll have both at this point. They now "own" the casual and part of the hardcore market, they'd be dumb to not cater to bothe.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By nukesniper
    @carlthenimrod said:
    " Motion controller is a guarantee at this point. They're not going to stray away from what made the Wii a smash hit. "
    This. Even though Nintendo ran away from the motion controlled games, the big thing about the Wii was the motion controller (and the price). They won't give that up even if they have said "Yeah, we get it. You can play Smash Bros., Mario Kart, etc. without the Wiimote."
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Druminator

It'll be multiple choice like the Wii with maybe a Kinect like option as well. Just my guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.