Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Ok Just saw no man's sky and I'm freaking out!!

tarek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ok I have this list of questions, I have to vent , PREPARE yourselves....

1-Will there be aliens civilizations and if so are they also "generated", this leads to number 2 question...

2-Will there be cities and settlements and star bases if SO will they be akin to there respective civilization (style wise)!!

3- Are stars and gas giants REAL SIZE that would be INSANE

4-how deep can oceans go? and will we find oceans made from things other than water??

5-Will we find hostile planets like Venus and Mars and such?

6-Can we dig or build??!

7-Will we be able to buy bigger ships (like frigates and cruisers)

8-Will there be crafting....which leads to...

9-Can we design our own ships and armor and weapon?!!

10-Will the economy be something like Xtension game(s)

11- Will planets have night/day cycles and will they orbit their stars?!

12-How many space weapon/missile/torpedo/shield/armor/thruster...etc type can we expect?!

13-Will we find comets and volcanoes and cryo volcanoes and storms and ion clouds and black holes?

oka I'm done for now, wow that feels good :P

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pyrodactyl
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'll try.

1-Will there be aliens civilizations and if so are they also "generated", this leads to number 2 question...

There are supposed to be NPC's of some sort. Traders and such. I don't know if we'll find massive cities, and I definitely wouldn't expect interaction on the level of Skyrim, but you're not alone.

2-Will there be cities and settlements and star bases if SO will they be akin to there respective civilization (style wise)!!

Refer to first answer

Supposed to be

4-how deep can oceans go? and will we find oceans made from things other than water??

I don't know.

5-Will we find hostile planets like Venus and Mars and such?

I don't know, though they have talked about improving things like ships, equipment, they've talked about resources, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if there are inhospitable planets that you can't land on with basic stuff.

6-Can we dig or build??!

I don't know. Minecraft comparisons have come up, but I think that's more in line with resource gathering than with mining and building. I doubt it will be as expansive as Minecraft if you can.

7-Will we be able to buy bigger ships (like frigates and cruisers)

I'm pretty sure that you can get better ships and equipment, though whether this will turn into X isn't known. Frigates and cruisers might be a little far fetched

8-Will there be crafting....which leads to...

Again, not certain, but again, there's resource gathering, so probably.

9-Can we design our own ships and armor and weapon?!!

This sounds like a reasonable and fitting thing to include, so maybe.

10-Will the economy be something like Xtension game(s)

There are supposed to be traders, so at least on a basic level.

11- Will planets have night/day cycles and will they orbit their stars?!

Oh, boy, this is an interesting question. I hope so, and it sounds like something that they would have tried to implement.

12-How many space weapon/missile/torpedo/shield/armor/thruster...etc type can we expect?!

Jesus, I don't know.

13-Will we find comets and volcanoes and cryo volcanoes and storms and ion clouds and black holes?

Yes.

Not much is known about No Man's Sky. They seem to want to hold back as much as they can while still getting people excited for it, which is one thing that I can really appreciate about it. It does mean that most of your questions will likely have no solid answers until people have played it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. They haven't said anything about sentient aliens
    2. Cities and Settlements, no clue. There are space stations though
    3. Stars and gas giants are whatever size they are generated at
    4. There was a red ocean in the E3 Sony Press Conference trailer
    5. Yes there are hostile environments and tech to survive in them
    6. Dig yes, Build no
    7. Yes
    8. Yes
    9. There are tech trees but no clue about custom recipes and stuff like that
    10. There is the ability to sell resources and I think you also get cash money for finding stuff
    11. Yes
    12. They are keeping that secret
    13. Who knows
    Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup it sure does look like a cool game.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will name everything I discover after butts

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

After Gamespot revealed the lack of multiplayer, the game is dead to me. The product they were selling isn't what we're getting. I don't think there was any malicious intent, but I definitely get Peter Molyneux vibes. Once the game gets closer to release and we have more of an idea of what it might be, I might get interested again.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
    deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Gamespot revealed the lack of multiplayer, the game is dead to me. The product they were selling isn't what we're getting. I don't think there was any malicious intent, but I definitely get Peter Molyneux vibes. Once the game gets closer to release and we have more of an idea of what it might be, I might get interested again.

I was also getting those vibes. I am pretty sure they didnt really say anything about the multiplayer. Correct if I am wrong but the only thing he said was that there is no guarantee that you will be close to anybody. At this point I am unsure but hopeful.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daddycabinet said:

@kinggiddra said:

I was also getting those vibes. I am pretty sure they didnt really say anything about the multiplayer. Correct if I am wrong but the only thing he said was that there is no guarantee that you will be close to anybody. At this point I am unsure but hopeful.

There is multiplayer but more than likely you will never see another player due to how big the game world (universe?) is. At least that's what they said in the Next Big Game feature.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Justin258

@daddycabinet said:

@kinggiddra said:

I'm pretty sure it was made clear from the beginning that this is mostly going to be a solo experience.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was this duder on Giantbomb who wrote a lengthy essay on how No Man's Sky was actually a big hoax.

I think he/she claimed to be a dev themselves (not on the project) and that No Man's Sky could never be real. I for one think they're crazy, but it can definitely be done. If Elite 2 ran on my 386 PC, this can be done on good hardware.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dussck

There was this duder on Giantbomb who wrote a lengthy essay on how No Man's Sky was actually a big hoax.

I think he/she claimed to be a dev themselves (not on the project) and that No Man's Sky could never be real. I for one think they're crazy, but it can definitely be done. If Elite 2 ran on my 386 PC, this can be done on good hardware.

I don't think that post claimed 'it could not be done', but more that the end result will probably will not be that earth shattering as everyone imagines it right now. I still think it could potentially be incredibly awesome, but for it to be that great for a long time you need some more gameplay mechanics then 'infinite random generated universe'. The digital universe they are creating is an awesome setting for a cool game, not a game on itself.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tarek said:

That would be mind-numbingly boring. It would literally take years of real time to go anywhere if things were realistically sized.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

tarek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tarek

@believer258:

phew well I watched EVERY video on the internet

seems Sony just bought the rights for time exclusive for the game and I don't mind really

frankly if the answer to HALF my questions is yes the game will be .... F***ING AWESOME \o/

and dude REAL size gas giants, i would pee my pants, will we DARE explore :D!!! and we have FTL :P

and multiplayer is for babies, I wont play this game for the "PVP" experience god no, bumping into others will be nice but I dont want world of cr*p craft on my hands :P

correptedevil I wana kiss you <3

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, valium.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I think some people really need to start putting their expectations in check or they're going to be bound for inevitable disappointment.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SomberOwl

Maaaaan this game is never coming out. I can't wait to see the E3 2016 trailer!

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheHumanDove

This game is all smoke and mirrors. Prepare for massive disappointment, and to tell me I was right all along.

tarek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2016!!! no no nononnonononono

cant wait that long sorry :D

tarek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hello games have no forms :D

come on guys SPECULATE WITH ME

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@tarek said:

That would be mind-numbingly boring. It would literally take years of real time to go anywhere if things were realistically sized.

You should check out Elite: Dangerous. Everything in that game is to scale, and they're recreating our own galaxy as far as I'm aware. Of course, they've fudged in FTL travel to make the game not mind-numbingly boring, but if you wanted to spend years flying between stars at sub-light speed, you could. Everything else is attempting to be physically accurate.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By xyzygy

Sure it looks great but we literally have no idea how it will play or even what kind of game it is. I don't get the love surrounding this game, it seems really premature to place so much on this when we know nothing about it. The amount of questions in your OP proves this.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tarek said:

From what I understand, this is the case, but there will be ways to improve your ship so that you can travel fast enough to make this not boring. I would say "faster than light", but are they simulating light travel time here? Like, say they implement supernovae - is it actually going to take years of time for people far away to see that? Naturally, only a few people or no one will see it, but we are of course speaking theoretically here.

Look, people, I just want to get in a ship and fly out of a planet's atmosphere and into another planet's and land wherever I please (within reason, of course, I'm not going to expect to land in lava). I'm not a hundred percent sure that this game will fit what the imaginations of people have made of it, but it looks like a fantastic sight-seeing tour around space. That's exactly what I want, and I do have faith that Hello Games is delivering on that front.

tarek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tarek

I just want to dive in some 10k deep ocean and see massive sea monsters :D

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
    deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tarek said:

I just want to dive in some 10k deep ocean and see massive sea monsters :D

This would be pretty great/terrifying. I wanna ride that giant worm from the trailer.

Loading Video...

tarek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tarek

LOL

how amazing will it be to take an actual 30 minutes to reach the bottom :D even on full speed with ur vessel

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there are alien civilizations I'm going to shit my pants.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@bollard: The more I hear and see about Elite: Dangerous, the more it seems like it's secretly the best upcoming space game.

tarek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it not gonna be like OMG GOD MADE THIS GAME

but I'M hoping that the universe is so full of stuff to see it wont matter :P

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#33  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@theht said:

@bollard: The more I hear and see about Elite: Dangerous, the more it seems like it's secretly the best upcoming space game.

I'm surprised by how little coverage it's getting. It's a sequel to the games that started this genre back in the mid 80's after all. No Man's Sky sounds great, but it's kinda crazy how aspects of it are hyped up as never seen before, when much of it was possible in Elite II: Frontier back in 1993. Some parts of No Man's Sky sound a bit Molyneux-esque too, so I'm somewhat wary of how it'll turn out. I hope they'll deliver on what they've been talking up, and there's certainly room for more games in this genre.

I will be getting No Man's Sky too, but David Braben has proven he is capable of making a game of this scale, and what I've seen so far of the gameplay footage that's available of Elite: Dangerous (beta for those of us who backed his kickstarter campaign on the cheaper tiers is still a few weeks away though), he seems to deliver an even more expansive Elite game.

Loading Video...

tarek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well well not bad :P

will there be photon torpedoes :D

:P

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this game is going to be exactly what it looks like in the trailers. Even with the whole scope of a procedurally generated world, it's still going to be a game... Like, we know what they're like by now. I don't think they're really hiding that much, and you can pretty much fill in the blanks anyway.

It looks like a game with a lot of charm and charisma though, which is all you can ask for really. Interested in how multiplayer will or will not manifest but I can wait.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By spraynardtatum

In the end I think most of my time will be spent in my ship. I'm going to fly from planet to planet looking for things to trade on those space stations.

All the designers need to do is put valuable shit in cool looking places and I'll be ecstatic.

tarek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also the PC version WILL be modable so after PC release I wont be surprised if we see the USS Enterprise the next day

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By Bollard

@theht said:

It's significantly more of an actual game than Star Citizen, that's for sure. Let's just say I get to see it every day and it looks pretty good.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm fairly sure this game will sort of end up being a Minecraft type of experience despite not being directly based off it.

Before Minecraft if someone told you that you could walk in a world, go anywhere, dig through anything and build and the world would be nearly endless it would be impossible to imagine.

tarek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only thing that bothers me in MC is the fact that their is nothing to explore except terrain

no deep oceans with odd creatures no new trees or flowers and yes I have spent THOUSANDS of hours playing MC its an amazing game but now this game, NO MAN'S SKY, is offering me that missing ingredient new worlds and amazing environments that even the developers did not see

tarek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

omg how long must we waitttttttttt

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tarek: Holiday 2015 at the earliest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.