Should I Finish No More Heroes?

#1 Posted by Akeldama (4238 posts) -

I just picked up No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle today for damn near nothing. I was immediately wondering to myself if I should finish what I started in the first game and get the full No More Heroes experience.

What should I do? Do I pull a Vinny?

#2 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Why haven't you finished it already?

#3 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

You don't need to finish the first game to understand the second game. BUT... NMH is awesome, and you need to finish the game because of that fact.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (23963 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

You don't need to finish the first game to understand the second game. BUT... NMH is awesome, and you need to finish the game because of that fact.

And because the ending is just so out of this world.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36088 posts) -

Yes. It is good.

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

The ending in that game is nuts. You should totally finish it.

#7 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Yeah, it's not a hard game by any means. You should be able to crank through it pretty quickly, though the minigames are hella annoying. Luckily, you only have to repeat one every once in awhile 
(as far as I remember).

#8 Posted by MackSterling (56 posts) -

You should definitely finish the first No More Heroes. In most games the final boss is the last obstacle before your reward. In this game, the final boss is the reward. It makes more sense if you're playing it.

#9 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

1 has the charm, 2 has the window dressing and polish. Playing 2 might put you off from playing through the first one which would be a shame.

#10 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@MikeGosot said:

And because the ending is just so out of this world.

Everything in No More Heroes is out of this world.
#11 Posted by TheLeamenator (146 posts) -

YES, YOU SHOULD FINISH NO MORE HEROES!!! IF I CAN FINISH IT FOUR TIMES, YOU CAN FINISH IT ONCE!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.