Yeah, I know this is really late, but I'm lazy. I was bored in geometry, so I started thinking hard about my Top 10 Games of 2008. In my opinion, 2008 did rival the monster of a gaming year prior to this, 2007. Also, I tried to do something a little bit different with my list. Rather than make a whole blurb about every game on here, I figured I would use 1 word for each game that best describes what I liked about it, plus a blurb for the winner. So here we go!
- 10. Bionic Commando: Rearmed (PS3) Rad
- 9. Patapon (PSP) Unique
- 8. Prince of Persia (PS3) Artistic
- 7. Mega Man 9 (Wii) Challenging
- 6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) Multiplayer
- 5. Dead Space (PS3) Atmospheric
- 4. Bioshock (PS3) Believable
- 3. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) Choices
- 2. LittleBigPlanet (PS3) Fun
1. NO MORE HEROES (Wii) Style
No More Heroes is not a perfect game, by any means. It isn't even the most perfect game on my Top Ten of 2008. But, it makes up for any and all of its technical and design related issues with its truly unrivaled abundance of style. From the memorable characters (Travis Touchdown being, arguably, the best new character of the year), to the fun and over-the-top combat, No More Heroes absolutely oozes style, and that goes a long way in my book.
HONORABLE MENTIONS (In no particular order)
World of Goo (Wii)
The World Ends With You (DS)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (PS3)