No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise Coming To 360 & PS3

• 72 results
#51 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

A Wii game being being ported over to the 360 and PS3?

*brain explodes*

#52 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
  @get2sammyb said:

" @Linkyshinks: ... Well that's odd. I suppose the controller might make February in Japan. JUST. But it worries me if it's going to be out that early because it wasn't even final design at TGS and we've heard NOTHING since then. "

The latest videos of the prototype make the device look pretty accomplished. I'm sure the final design will be ready when it needs to be, Sony are not going to want to upset Capcom by not having the device ready for when that game launches.

@Twilight said:

" A Wii game being being ported over to the 360 and PS3?  *brain explodes* "

It will be the first of many!
#53 Posted by Ramyun (664 posts) -

Control scheme: Press X (ecks) or square as hard as you can!!!

Still totally want this though!!

#54 Edited by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -

My god, they are porting stuff from the WII to the XBOX?????? Shouldnt it be the other way around.

I mean comeon, thats just weird, whats jeff going to say, "No more Heroes was a fantastic Game, but you can tell the 360 version is just a port, the controls are very janky, and the menus just aren't properly designed for this type of console. If only they had made a game from the ground up, with the 360's strengths and weaknesses in mind." 

Its like were in the fucking twilight zone.
#55 Edited by luce (4045 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:

" @JJOR64 said:

" Even though I do own this on Wii, I will probably end up getting it for 360.  I wonder how the achievements will be in this game. "
 I shall be getting both versions, I will never pass on any Grasshopper related game, even the lame ones like Contact.  Pretty awesome imagine, they'll certainly be titled well :P "
Hey!
I liked Contact :(
#56 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
@get2sammyb said:
" @Linkyshinks: ... Well that's odd. I suppose the controller might make February in Japan. JUST. But it worries me if it's going to be out that early because it wasn't even final design at TGS and we've heard NOTHING since then. "

Final Design

#57 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: I think they're doing it wrong. I personally think they should sell them in pairs with full dual shock functionality on each (1 x analogue stick, buttons) -- that way they create full dualshock accessibility, and can guarantee development of games that require two wands.

No one's going to make a game that requires two wands if they sell them individually, and they've said all along they ideally want people to have two.

I dunno - the actual controls look good from what they've shown, and I assume they're going to throw in a nunchuck, but I would have done them in pairs with an analogue on each side.

Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe they tried it. Who knows. We'll have to wait for more software I guess. I'll be interested to see what Studio London come up with.
#58 Posted by Milkman (17340 posts) -

I wouldn't get too crazy about this game coming stateside just yet because apparently, Ubisoft passed on Heroes' Paradise because they obviously incredibly stupid and hate everyone. So, Grasshopper is going to have to find a new publisher if they want to release this game anywhere else but Japan.

#59 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@Milkman: Surely someone will pick it up?
#60 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

When the tides turn suddenly people love ports, huh.

#61 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" I wouldn't get too crazy about this game coming stateside just yet because apparently, Ubisoft passed on Heroes' Paradise because they obviously incredibly stupid and hate everyone. So, Grasshopper is going to have to find a new publisher if they want to release this game anywhere else but Japan. "

Someone more deserving will pick up the game, after all, Ubisoft were utter shit for the Wii game.
#62 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

OP updated with the info on the new "Rebout Mode" and "Movie Viewier Mode", and basic info on the Sweet Cherry and Sweet Mango pre order bonuses.

#63 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2501 posts) -

This could be very interesting. Wonder how the controls will handle though.

#64 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Meh.

#65 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Awesome,played this once or twice on my friends wii now I can get in on it. Mind you charging up the sword wont be the same without the motion if you know what I mean.

#66 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#67 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

It's even got a "Very Sweet Mode"!

#68 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
UPDATE 

The game on both platforms has been delayed till the end of April - Grasshopper Manufacture aim to release the game in perfect form. 

These are the covers of the bonus art books that are being given away to those who pre-orderthe game in Japan:

The "Sexy Cherry Flavor" book, which will be given to PS3 buyers. It includes drawings by Shirow Miwa, Tsukasa Kotobuki, Atsushi Okubo and two others.

Both covers were drawn by the great Yusuke Kozaki

Samples are found on the official website: http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/nomoreheroes/ 

#69 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

This is madness..some Japanese dude has bought 12 copies of the game, 6 on PS3, and 6 on 360.

#70 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

So, word is the game did about 14k on the first day, on both platforms combined...

On Wii, the first day sales in Japan, where it sold the worst of all territories by a large margin, were about 10k.

With the added marketing push Marvelous did for the HD version, with celebrities and what not, I doubt they're happy, unless it picks up pace.

I thought it would have sold a lot better personally, it seemed they were building up hype for it, unlike the Wii version over there. Cross your fingers.

#71 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" So, word is the game did about 13-14k on the first day, on both platforms combined...On Wii, the first day sales in Japan, where it sold the worst of all territories by a large margin, were 10k.With the added marketing push Marvelous did for the HD version, with celebrities and what not, I doubt they're happy, unless it picks up pace. "
It's ultimately a port of a game that's a couple years old.  If anyone in Japan were truly interested in playing it, they probably would have bought the Wii version by now.
#72 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

" @Al3xand3r said:

"So, word is the game did about 14k on the first day, on both platforms combined... On Wii, the first day sales in Japan, where it sold the worst of all territories by a large margin, were about 10k. With the added marketing push Marvelous did for the HD version, with celebrities and what not, I doubt they're happy, unless it picks up pace. I thought it would have sold a lot better personally, it seemed they were building up hype for it, unlike the Wii version over there. Cross your fingers."

It's ultimately a port of a game that's a couple years old.  If anyone in Japan were truly interested in playing it, they probably would have bought the Wii version by now. "
It was created because the Wii version flopped there though (it fared much better elsewhere but with different publishers so Marvelous probably didn't see as much of that money). Perhaps to some the flop was obviously platform independent (not that many didn't blame the Wii), but to Marvelous it wasn't, and they did invest a lot into this, redoing the graphics almost completely, porting to two SKUs, and marketing it far better. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they spent more for this project than the original game. I hope it doesn't spell their doom, they weren't exactly in a great position financially. I thought it'd do 100k.

Looks like users don't like it much either, going by Amazon reviews. 360 (click the left word, it asks for age). PS3. The Wii version for comparison has 4.5 stars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.