Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No More Heroes

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 06, 2007

An action-adventure hack n' slash title for the Nintendo Wii. In it, players follow otaku Travis Touchdown in his quest to become the highest-ranked assassin in the world (and, perhaps, get together with the mysterious Sylvia Christel).

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise Coming To US On PS3

• 60 results
    mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By mattbodega

It seems like an announcement that’s been a long time coming; first, Grasshopper and Marvelous Entertainment teamed up with AQ Interactive to port No More Heroes--Suda 51's, outrageous, awesome Wii game--to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the two platforms some have suggested would have been a better fit for the game’s ludicrous violence and “adultish” content. Then, not a few months ago, Konami announced that it had picked up the PS3 version of the newly titled No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise for a European release. 

Now, the news we knew was coming sooner or later has finally been made manifest; the folks over at the PlayStation Blog have revealed that No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise would indeed be arriving in the US (on a ridiculous, oversized motorcycle, no less) on the PlayStation 3 in 2011. 

And it looks like, for the foreseeable future, the only way you will get to see Heroes' Paradise in the states is on the PS3; that 360 port of No More Heroes is totally out in Japan, but Konami has instead opted to make Heroes' Paradise a PS3 exclusive in the US.  

There we go. I've seen everything I need to see in Heroes Paradise. Here's my $60.
     There we go. I've seen everything I need to see in Heroes Paradise. Here's my $60.

== TEASER ==Of course, with exclusivity comes the opportunity to take advantage of platform specific hardware, and Heroes' Paradise aims to oblige. As we reported previously, Konami has added PlayStation Move support to the game in addition to the port’s standard Dual Shock controls, making Heroes' Paradise into the best looking Wii game you’ve played on your PS3.  

There’s also a couple of new features being added to Heroes' Paradise for good measure, like a “Rebout” boss rush mode, and, most interestingly of all, the addition of new boss characters to take down in the game. Considering that No More Heroes is, when you get right down to it, really about the interaction between everyone's favorite scumbag otaku assassin, Travis Touchdown, and his bouts with increasingly eccentric bosses (it’s the cel-shaded, inebriated, psychotic cousin of Shadow of the Colossus in that regard), the potential of brand new boss battles is super intriguing, and makes the possibility of buying No More Heroes again more meaningful.

Of course, if you’re at all interested in Heroes' Paradise, you now have to make the tough choice: do you play No More Heroes with a relatively normal (or, at least, more normal than the original game) control scheme assigned for a traditional controller? Or do you play Heroes' Paradise the way it was originally designed to be played—like it was on the Wii? Personally, I’d rather play this game with a Move controller. It might be unpopular to say it, but a No More Heroes game without implied masturbatory motion controls is hardly a No More Heroes game at all. And shaking the SIXAXIS up and down to recover beam katana energy ain't gonna cut it.
    mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mattbodega

It seems like an announcement that’s been a long time coming; first, Grasshopper and Marvelous Entertainment teamed up with AQ Interactive to port No More Heroes--Suda 51's, outrageous, awesome Wii game--to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the two platforms some have suggested would have been a better fit for the game’s ludicrous violence and “adultish” content. Then, not a few months ago, Konami announced that it had picked up the PS3 version of the newly titled No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise for a European release. 

Now, the news we knew was coming sooner or later has finally been made manifest; the folks over at the PlayStation Blog have revealed that No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise would indeed be arriving in the US (on a ridiculous, oversized motorcycle, no less) on the PlayStation 3 in 2011. 

And it looks like, for the foreseeable future, the only way you will get to see Heroes' Paradise in the states is on the PS3; that 360 port of No More Heroes is totally out in Japan, but Konami has instead opted to make Heroes' Paradise a PS3 exclusive in the US.  

== TEASER ==Of course, with exclusivity comes the opportunity to take advantage of platform specific hardware, and Heroes' Paradise aims to oblige. As we reported previously, Konami has added PlayStation Move support to the game in addition to the port’s standard Dual Shock controls, making Heroes' Paradise into the best looking Wii game you’ve played on your PS3.  

There’s also a couple of new features being added to Heroes' Paradise for good measure, like a “Rebout” boss rush mode, and, most interestingly of all, the addition of new boss characters to take down in the game. Considering that No More Heroes is, when you get right down to it, really about the interaction between everyone's favorite scumbag otaku assassin, Travis Touchdown, and his bouts with increasingly eccentric bosses (it’s the cel-shaded, inebriated, psychotic cousin of Shadow of the Colossus in that regard), the potential of brand new boss battles is super intriguing, and makes the possibility of buying No More Heroes again more meaningful.

Of course, if you’re at all interested in Heroes' Paradise, you now have to make the tough choice: do you play No More Heroes with a relatively normal (or, at least, more normal than the original game) control scheme assigned for a traditional controller? Or do you play Heroes' Paradise the way it was originally designed to be played—like it was on the Wii? Personally, I’d rather play this game with a Move controller. It might be unpopular to say it, but a No More Heroes game without implied masturbatory motion controls is hardly a No More Heroes game at all. And shaking the SIXAXIS up and down to recover beam katana energy ain't gonna cut it.
    FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FunkyHugo

AWESOME. 
    I knew I bought the Move controller for a reason.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, if it's coming out for the PS3 with the Move controller, then why bother porting it from the Wii? HD graphics aren't enough, damn you; I need more, like maybe some new levels and stuff. Also, why the PS3 version in America? I can understand the reverse (have both in America, PS3 only in Japan), but not this one.

Googly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Googly

Happy to see this game reach a potentially different audience.  I still have both games on Wii, so I'm good, but I'm all for more crazy bosses.

Also crotch lasers.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aetos

Awww I thought implied masturbatory motion controls was a real page :(    

EgoCheck616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By EgoCheck616

Can't wait for this. It will be one of the many reasons I pick up the Move next month. 
    Sorcery, I'm looking at you.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By GoofyGoober

This is awesome news.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By jacksukeru
    @Video_Game_King said:
    " Wait, if it's coming out for the PS3 with the Move controller, then why bother porting it from the Wii? HD graphics aren't enough, damn you; I need more, like maybe some new levels and stuff. Also, why the PS3 version in America? I can understand the reverse (have both in America, PS3 only in Japan), but not this one. "
    It says in the article that there'll be "new boss characters".
    Geekcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By Geekcore

I own it for Wii so I will pass, but I'm glad this game will get more exposure.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By RE_Player1

AWESOME. I got the 2nd one on Wii and wanted to wait for these HD versions, glad I also got Move. 

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#11  Edited By vigorousjammer

pretty cool, except I don't have a move controller.

They should port it to Xbox 360 as well, with Kinect support.

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By teekomeeko

Wait a second...  it is out on 360 in Japan, yet only coming to PS3 in the US? 

Apparently it's opposite day. I knew I should have practiced walking on my hands more.

Globox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Globox82
    @Video_Game_King said:
    " Wait, if it's coming out for the PS3 with the Move controller, then why bother porting it from the Wii? HD graphics aren't enough, damn you; I need more, like maybe some new levels and stuff. Also, why the PS3 version in America? I can understand the reverse (have both in America, PS3 only in Japan), but not this one. "
    ah ignorance, it smell so....stupid.
    kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kingofpeanuts
    @Video_Game_King This is a remake of the first NMH for the wii. So it is already on the wii.
    MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrGetBonus

Awesome! Glad I held off on the Wii version.

Zanthox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zanthox

CANT WAIT CANT WAIT CANT WAIT!!!

ZeroGravX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZeroGravX

Man, I'm not a kid anymore and I still find stuff like that picture outright hilarious. It had me laughing pretty hard. I'll never grow up, and I'm okay with that.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Undeadpool

Saaaaaaaaaaaah-WEET! Glad the Move is optional cause there's really nothing you can't do with the Dual Shock/Six-Axis.

Fate8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fate8

I have never been sure how i feel about this game.

Loose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Loose

And now I have a reason to buy Move

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By 234r2we232

Those new black Wii controllers look ugly.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wacomole

Does this guy get paid per link in his news stories!?   
    I mean really, come on. Overdoing it on the random links a bit there, Matt.

kollay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kollay
    @MoleyUK said:
    " Does this guy get paid per link in his news stories!?    I mean really, come on. Overdoing it on the random links a bit there, Matt. "
    I don't know, but I completely agree.

A lot of those links are unnecessary.
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#24  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @RockmanBionics said:
    " @Video_Game_King said:
    It says in the article that there'll be "new boss characters". "
    Then everything except the regions part redacted.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By VicRattlehead

great news this... now no one can buy this version as well.... woot woot

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By Deusoma
    @ZeroGravX said:
    " Man, I'm not a kid anymore and I still find stuff like that picture outright hilarious. It had me laughing pretty hard. I'll never grow up, and I'm okay with that. "
    High five, dude, that's exactly the right attitude to have.
    buhssuht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By buhssuht

i love you konami

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By huntad

I don't want to buy a Move controller to play this. If it's required then I guess I won't be playing it :(

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dallas_Raines

The second game seemed like it was designed to be ported to other consoles with it's different controller options, so that one shouldn't be too far away. It's about a a hundred times better in most areas, but the soundtrack isn't nearly as good.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Romination

I think this is a bad idea! Whoo!!!! Because as much as I love No More Heroes, the games are a lot more simple in terms of combat than games PS3 and 360 have had. Especially the PS3 though

chibi_kaji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By chibi_kaji
    @Romination said:
    " I think this is a bad idea! Whoo!!!! Because as much as I love No More Heroes, the games are a lot more simple in terms of combat than games PS3 and 360 have had. Especially the PS3 though "
    I think the idea is fine. I've spoken to a few people who would have played the game before if it was on a PS3. 
    hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By hyperfludd

I already own both of the NMH games, but the extra content might make me pick this up!

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lead_farmer

Hey! I have a PS3! I will buy this.

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GT-Man

AWESOME updated graphics now thats going to finally ROCK! I'm wanting to get this now :D
    Avatar image for thekingoftoilets
    thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thekingoftoilets
    @huntad:  Just in case you missed it:

Konami has added PlayStation Move support to the game in addition to the port’s standard Dual Shock controls.

So yea, you don't need move to get your digital masturbation on. haha. Btw, I also own both games, and deff gonna pick this one up as well!
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Catolf

DO WANT.. dammit I still need NMH2!

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By huntad
    @thekingoftoilets: Thanks! Wooo!
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By Tordah

Bummer that this is not coming to the Xbox. I guess I'll have to give it a pass for now then since I don't own a PS3.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By keyhunter

What a terrible business decision!
    Lets totally not port a game we already have ported and have already localized to the dominant console in the states!

Fuck you Konami!

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#40  Edited By DrRandle

Judging by the screenshot, it looks like they stripped the stylish visuals from the game. That has also removed my interest in repurchasing this game greatly.

IshimuraD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By IshimuraD

Is this game going to be released at the full $60, or is it going to be at a much more reasonable and logical $40? I mean paying full price for a port of a 3 year old game isn't too attractive to me, but I loved both NMH games and would be tempted to double dip if it was at a budget price.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nekroskop

Good thing I never bought a Wii. If this sells, maybe they'll port the second one too. 
    I for one cannot wait

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By biospank

Hope there gonns br blood cus I have the jap version and there aint no blood in it

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By selbie

SUDA51 is spreadin' the love.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#45  Edited By FakeKisser

I never played this on Wii. So I will likely check it out on Move.

Dominoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dominoes

Since I don't have a PS3 (yet) I was hoping the 360 version would come out here as well. Damn.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By DocHaus

It seems like an announcement that’s been a long time coming; first, Grasshopper and Marvelous Entertainment teamed up with AQ Interactive to port No More Heroes-- Suda 51's, outrageous, awesome Wii game--to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the two platforms some have suggested would have been a better fit for the game’s ludicrous violence and “adultish” content

Yay! Surely this is a sign tha...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MikkaQ

The only problem is the reason I'd buy a PS3 version of NMH is to get away from the wii controls, so that's kinda useless to me now. But hey, HD graphics are a plus!

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49  Edited By killroycantkill

Finally! I wonder if they'll bring out the crazy deluxe edition here as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I won't have it import it now. I was seriously debating that just last night.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.