No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise - Delayed (360 & PS3)

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Marvelous Entertainment have announced that both the 360 and PS3 versions of No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise, have been delayed.  The Xbox 360 * PS3 HD remake was originally scheduled for release on February 25th, but will now arrive some time in April.  

The company cited the old "various circumstances" on the official website: 

I suspect the delay is due to Grasshoppers Manufacture stepping in for quality control reasons, making sure that game releases in tip top condition with no technical issues. As well as making sure all the new options like Very Sweet Mode and Rebout Mode meet their requirements. The whip has been cracked on Feel Plus, but It will be for the benefit of the game. 

#2 Posted by Maxszy (2067 posts) -

As someone who doesn't have a Wii and this being one game I wish I could have played, I am looking forward to this release. Even if I do have to wait a few more months.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Did they say anything about an American release for the game?  I can't remember.

#4 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" Did they say anything about an American release for the game?  I can't remember. "

No word, but you should know the game also has the English voice availble, so you could import if you have a PS3.   

I think Western 360 & PS3 users will have to wait till Q3 at the earliest. 
#5 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" Did they say anything about an American release for the game?  I can't remember. "
 No word, but you should know the game also has the English voice availble, so you could import if you have a PS3.    I think Western 360 & PS3 users will have to wait till Q3 at the earliest.  "
I would rather have the game on my 360 then PS3.  If this doesn't come stateside, no biggie.  I already have the game on Wii.
#6 Posted by Undeadpool (4997 posts) -

What do ya suppose is the over/under on them remaking the sequel as well?

#7 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

As someone who bought No More Heroes for 8 bucks and thoroughly enjoyed it, this saddens me.

#8 Posted by Undeadpool (4997 posts) -
@Linkyshinks:  
Then I suppose I'll just HAVE to buy. Oh no. What a burden.
#9 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
"  @Undeadpool:  I would say it''s very likely, I don't see the sequel on Wii selling enough to make Grasshopper happy. It's ultimately dependant on the sequels worldwide sales on Wii, and the sales of this worldwide. If this sells well, which I'm absolutely sure it will do (-more than it ever sold on Wii worldwide, within a few months, mark my words) you can be sure the sequel will arrive also.   "
That's assuming that:

1.  It gets an international release (Ubisoft has thus far passed on Paradise and no one else has stepped in.)
2.  The same hardcore crowd that ignored the game on the Wii does not ignore it on either of the other consoles.  (Because the PS2 version of Killer7 did wonders for that game, let me tell ya.)

And honestly, I'd say that NMH2 has a fair chance of selling enough to make Grasshopper happy.  The original No More Heroes was Grasshopper's highest grossing game to date.  It ended up selling much better in the west than it did in Japan.  How happy the sequel's sales make Grasshopper is largely dependent on what the developer is aiming for.
#10 Posted by Inuzagi (170 posts) -

The delay here doesn't bother me to much. I have plenty of games to help keep me preoccupied until this comes out....even if I could get this game for my Wii right now.

#11 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

"   @Undeadpool:  I would say it''s very likely, I don't see the sequel on Wii selling enough to make Grasshopper happy. It's ultimately dependant on the sequels worldwide sales on Wii, and the sales of this worldwide. If this sells well, which I'm absolutely sure it will do (-more than it ever sold on Wii worldwide, within a few months, mark my words) you can be sure the sequel will arrive also.   "

That's assuming that:

1.  It gets an international release (Ubisoft has thus far passed on Paradise and no one else has stepped in.)
2.  The same hardcore crowd that ignored the game on the Wii does not ignore it on either of the other consoles.  (Because the PS2 version of Killer7 did wonders for that game, let me tell ya.)  And honestly, I'd say that NMH2 has a fair chance of selling enough to make Grasshopper happy.  The original No More Heroes was Grasshopper's highest grossing game to date.  It ended up selling much better in the west than it did in Japan.  How happy the sequel's sales make Grasshopper is largely dependent on what the developer is aiming for. "

These HD games were made for the Western market, not Japan, it will get an international release. They've made little to no money on the No More Heroes franchise, something which doesn't bother Suda in the slightest, being what he is, but it's of great concern to his investors which is exactly why these HD games have come about on platforms with more receptive audiences.  

For a tiny company (less than 90 employees last year) with few resources and ample projects on the go, they're desperate for money, they have commitments to their investors and to their current partners.  

Grasshopper highest grossing game, means absolutely nothing, they've always made very little money on projects all throughout their existence, even Blood One which is huge in Japan failed to pull in large sales.

"It ended up selling much better in the west than it did in Japan.  How happy the sequel's sales make Grasshopper is largely dependent on what the developer is aiming for. "

I'm sorry, but your kidding right?, your saying that like that's some big deal. It's well publicised how terrible that game sold in Japan, Suda couldn't even give the game away on Japanese streets when it launched. 
#12 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: I know how bad the first game sold in Japan, but still, while its sales in the west weren't blockbuster levels, it did attract an audience and sold enough copies that a sequel was warranted.  What I don't understand people considering a big deal is the existence of Paradise, which is not guaranteed to sell any better than the original Wii version.  The game is months away from release in Japan, and once again, there is no publisher attached to a western release.
#13 Posted by ajamafalous (12154 posts) -

Oh wow, I had heard things about a possible No More Heroes on 360/PS3 but had no idea it was this close.

So when we say "remake of the first one," does that mean straight remake, or more of a reimagining?

#14 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" Oh wow, I had heard things about a possible No More Heroes on 360/PS3 but had no idea it was this close.  So when we say "remake of the first one," does that mean straight remake, or more of a reimagining? "
It's a remake in the sense that it's the same game with a more traditional control scheme and some extra content not in the original version, as well as graphics scaled up to HD.  It's not a whole new game.
#15 Posted by ajamafalous (12154 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" Oh wow, I had heard things about a possible No More Heroes on 360/PS3 but had no idea it was this close.  So when we say "remake of the first one," does that mean straight remake, or more of a reimagining? "
It's a remake in the sense that it's the same game with a more traditional control scheme and some extra content not in the original version, as well as graphics scaled up to HD.  It's not a whole new game. "
I gather from your conversation that there's no confirmed North American release, however?
#16 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @ajamafalous said:
It's a remake in the sense that it's the same game with a more traditional control scheme and some extra content not in the original version, as well as graphics scaled up to HD.  It's not a whole new game. "
I gather from your conversation that there's no confirmed North American release, however? "
That is correct.
#17 Posted by mcmuffin (17 posts) -

Is the game going to be  region free? Because then North American xbox's should be able to play it.    

#18 Posted by Undeadpool (4997 posts) -
@Hailinel:  
The PS2 version of Killer7 was a garbage port of a game that was good but not great to begin with and was also a massive niche title. No More Heroes has a much broader appeal if for no other reason then it's about ten times more comprehensible than Killer7 (and No More Heroes isn't very comprehensible...)
#19 Posted by Ironhide (146 posts) -
@mcmuffin: No, the Xbox 360 version is not region free. However, the PS3 version is. I am pretty sure that all PS3 games are region free, and it's just Blu-Ray discs that are not. For anyone wondering, the original game only had English voice acting, this is probably part of the reason why it sold like shit. However Heroes Paradise has Japanese voice acting as well. This game is clearly meant to be an appealing package all around. I'm slightly worried about the interface but I will probably import this if there is no news of a NA release by April's end.
#20 Posted by Ironhide (146 posts) -

Yeh, I have been worried about that. Hopefully that turns out to be false otherwise I may have to break down and buy a Wii. Though if I do at this point I'm getting a black one.

#21 Posted by TheHT (11785 posts) -

No More Heroes on PS3 and 360?! I had no idea this shit was even coming out! Thank you good sir!

#22 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

so is this coming to NA or do i have to import.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.