No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise - Release Date

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Sweet Cherry PS3
Marvelous Entertainment have announced the release date for No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise. The PS3 & 360 remake of the original No More Heroes will arrive on April 15th in Japan priced at ¥5,800.

No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise adds new features over the Wii original. In addition to crisp jag free HD visuals, players can look forward to a "Very Sweet Mode", which puts the entire female cast into skimpy attire. Also featured is"Rebout Mode" which allows players to take on all beaten bosses at will. The remake will also include a new Movie Viewer to view all your favourite cut scenes.  

Sweet Mango 360 

Official Japanese Website    http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/nomoreheroes/ 

#2 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

I don't know if the novelty of the game can survive without the Wiimote.

I suppose that's the reason for bathing suits, if a certain DOA spin off taught us anything, it's that people love to buy anything if there's girls in bikinis. 

#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Considering the Wiimote did absolutely nothing for me in terms of gameplay besides pointing it up or down to go low and high and then swinging it in whatever direction to do a grapple, I'm looking forward to this. Assuming it's even getting a PAL release.

#4 Posted by xyzygy (10065 posts) -

From the looks of that trailer it doesn't look like the framerate is much improved...

#5 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
@xyzygy said:

" From the looks of that trailer it doesn't look like the framerate is much improved... "

A stuttering HD Youtube video has no bearing on the technical quality of the game itself.  The game was due to come out in February, it was delayed by two months so it could be polished up to Grasshopper's expectations. It should show in the final product.
#6 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" @animateria said:

" I don't know if the novelty of the game can survive without the Wiimote.  I suppose that's the reason for bathing suits, if a certain DOA spin off taught us anything, it's that people love to buy anything if there's girls in bikinis.  "

Famitsu said the action felt good with rumble. Girls in skimpy clothing fits in perfectly well with the style and humour of the game, it's inclusion isn't a way to rake in sales, as you seem to suggest. "
Ah, that part was more of a joke really, I agree that it fits the game well. The DOA volleyball game totally fits into Travis Touchdown's tastes, him being a parody of people who would buy games such as those. 

The existence of the Very Sweet Mode as well as the posters is a pretty good gag in itself. The game is parodying the people who buy the game exactly for the reason they are being parodied in the first place.  

Anyways, the game is fairly light when it comes to mechanics from what I've read of the Wii version. I'll be curious if it's still good enough.
#7 Posted by xyzygy (10065 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: Yeah I suppose your right, that could be an old trailer anyway. I just wish it was coming out in NA :(
#8 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Suda has said several times he has absolutely nothing to do with the port, I imagine that goes for the rest of Grasshopper (feelplus is doing the port) so you're thinking about the bonus features' meaning and whatever else way too hard. This is merely an attempt to increase sales via t&a since MMV decided to actually market this release pretty hard in hopes of repeating the success of the Wii version's Western release. Sure, it kinda fits the theme, but that's about it, really. Suda refuses to discuss the port every time he's asked, merely saying he's not involved and doesn't know, so I doubt he considers any of the changes canon. Still, it looks like a pretty great port, but I still think if people want this game they should experience the original first (dirt cheap these days), as well as the sequel, similar to the Twin Snakes release of the original Metal Gear Solid (except that one had plenty more improvements, being a complete remake and all).

#9 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

New trailer added to the OP

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.