cjcox's No More Heroes (Wii) review

• cjcox wrote this review on .

NMH Review

I'm  just going to come right out and say it, I love No More Heroes. I especially loved the humour of the game.  The hilarious dialog and antics by the main character Travis Touchdown give the game just some of it's charm. Travis uses an obvious light saber rip-off called the "Beam Katana" which must be recharged from time to time. To recharge, Travis emulates a masturbating motion, and the player must wave the Wii Remote in the same fashion. Save points are toilets. Travis pulls down his pants, then the save screen appears.

The actual gameplay is quite good as well. The combat involves a lot of mashing of the A button aswell as swinging of the Wii Remote. When you kill an enemy, he explodes into blood and coins usually screaming something along the lines of "MY SPLEEN!!!". Between the killing of guys, you must take on jobs to gain money. Some of these job mini-games are fun while others are annoying, but it's not a large part of the game so it doesn't matter that they are annoying.

I'm going to have to cut this review short, I gotta go save...