No Time To Explain finally on Steam!

#1 Posted by tinyBuild (1 posts) -

Hi guys,

We finally made it to Steam!

Thanks for the Greenlight.

If anyone played it during our initial release a year ago, some stuff's changed. For one, the game is now actually beatable and utilizes Steam's API for Achievements and Cloud saves.

Amongst other stuff we reworked some of the visuals and rebalanced design significantly.

To those who bought the game - we sent out a blast e-mail on how to activate it on Steam. It's fairly straightforward and we have enough keys for everyone.

Hope you have a blast!

#2 Posted by Paindamnation (805 posts) -

@tinyBuild said:

Hi guys,

We finally made it to Steam!

Thanks for the Greenlight.

If anyone played it during our initial release a year ago, some stuff's changed. For one, the game is now actually beatable and utilizes Steam's API for Achievements and Cloud saves.

Amongst other stuff we reworked some of the visuals and rebalanced design significantly.

To those who bought the game - we sent out a blast e-mail on how to activate it on Steam. It's fairly straightforward and we have enough keys for everyone.

Hope you have a blast!

I just got my code. Congrats.

#3 Posted by BisonHero (6523 posts) -

Congratulations! You were one of the first games I gave the thumbs up to on Greenlight. Money's a little tight for me right now, but hopefully I can buy it sometime in the next few weeks.

#4 Posted by Polskais1 (4 posts) -

I'll be honest, this is the first time I've heard of your game but goddamn that's some amazing cover art! Watched the trailer on Steam and I am sold! Congrats on the greenlight!

#5 Posted by Aegon (5634 posts) -

Didn't work on this?

#6 Posted by Hugh_Jazz (352 posts) -

@Aegon: Yeah, he's the guy what made the game. As far as I know tinyBuild is made up of him and another guy who did marketing and stuff.

#7 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

Got my Steam code already, thanks chaps!

#8 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -
@Aegon: Yeah, my dev partner Alex did this in a marketing sweep. 
I had a go at him about it, cos now I look like a spambot, right!?
#9 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3869 posts) -

Awesome! Gonna pick this up. I remember playing this on newgrounds a while ago and loving it. The music is still stuck in my head. Also one of the best intros to a game I've seen in a while.

#10 Posted by PurpleMoustache (106 posts) -

There are Mac and Linux versions, and the Greenlight page listed it as Mac. Are those versions going to make it to steam at some point?

#11 Posted by outlandos (8 posts) -

I watched a Let's Play on youtube, but is it true you can't die and thus getting hit all the time doesn't make much of a difference?

#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

@I_smell said:

@Aegon: Yeah, my dev partner Alex did this in a marketing sweep. I had a go at him about it, cos now I look like a spambot, right!?

Yeah, nice job playin' the long con.

#13 Posted by D_W (1163 posts) -

once I have some money I'll check out this game.

#14 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1439 posts) -

Don't have the money yet, but great cover art!

#15 Posted by granderojo (1788 posts) -

This game is so old school in it's design that it hurts. I love it for that but man, these boss battles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.