Distance between Earth and Mars

Posted by NinjaHunter (973 posts) -

Ok I started playing Noby Noby Boy again today to see if we reached Mars or are even close yet. Turns out we are not. After the little fairy told me that Mars was still pretty far away I decided to see, if the game is measuring actual distance, how far we would have to travel. It turns out that that the distance between Earth and Mars in meters is about 57,936,384,000m away...as of this writing we currently have Girl at a length of 1,323,304,827m. Get to stretching people!!!

#1 Posted by NinjaHunter (973 posts) -

Ok I started playing Noby Noby Boy again today to see if we reached Mars or are even close yet. Turns out we are not. After the little fairy told me that Mars was still pretty far away I decided to see, if the game is measuring actual distance, how far we would have to travel. It turns out that that the distance between Earth and Mars in meters is about 57,936,384,000m away...as of this writing we currently have Girl at a length of 1,323,304,827m. Get to stretching people!!!

#2 Posted by ishotmrburns (279 posts) -
Keita Takahashi said:
"On average the girl is growing 40 million meters a day...at this rate, it would take 820 years to connect the entire solar system."
Link
#3 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

Wow, I can't believe there is so much distance to go to reach Mars. I've been playing more Noby Noby lately, but I doubt we'll see that closed before June unless people really get some work done. It's hard for work to get done, though, when you're trying to catch boat rides from the apple headed man.

#4 Posted by ishotmrburns (279 posts) -
BoG said:
"I doubt we'll see that closed before June"
June 2829.
#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

Will we still be playing Noby Noby Boy in 820 years? Maybe I'll have a PS3 by then.

#6 Posted by ishotmrburns (279 posts) -

Man will reach Mars before Girl.

#7 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -
TooWalrus said:
"Will we still be playing Noby Noby Boy in 820 years? Maybe I'll have a PS3 by then."

You'll be playing a PS *insert long number here* by then. And in good health too due to the wonders of cryogenetics.
#8 Edited by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

The devs should do like a double EXP weekend or something, where the girl grows at double the speed. Or perhaps even a triple or quadruple to try to get to Mars quickly.

Moderator
#9 Posted by Snail (8617 posts) -
ishotmrburns said:
"Man will reach Mars before Girl."
I pity you and your lack of faith! Man is dated to reach Mars in 2020, we'll see who gets there first. Mankind, or gamers.

GET STRETCHIN'.


#10 Posted by ishotmrburns (279 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"The devs should do like a double EXP weekend or something, where the girl grows at double the speed. Or perhaps even a triple or quadruple to try to get to Mars quickly."
Dude. 820 years. Quadruple wouldn't do shit, let alone double. And for a weekend? Think about it.
#11 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -
ishotmrburns said:
"MattyFTM said:
"The devs should do like a double EXP weekend or something, where the girl grows at double the speed. Or perhaps even a triple or quadruple to try to get to Mars quickly."
Dude. 820 years. Quadruple wouldn't do shit, let alone double. And for a weekend? Think about it."
820 years is for the entire solar system, not mars. Mars is much closer. Plus it'll get people playing it again, so quadruple would probably take a reasonable chunk out of the distance. But yeah, it probably still isn't enough.
Moderator
#12 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

It would take three years to get there using current technology, I've read.

The Russians are currently conducting isolation experiments.


  




#13 Posted by ishotmrburns (279 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"ishotmrburns said:
"MattyFTM said:
"The devs should do like a double EXP weekend or something, where the girl grows at double the speed. Or perhaps even a triple or quadruple to try to get to Mars quickly."
Dude. 820 years. Quadruple wouldn't do shit, let alone double. And for a weekend? Think about it."
820 years is for the entire solar system, not mars. Mars is much closer. Plus it'll get people playing it again, so quadruple would probably take a reasonable chunk out of the distance. But yeah, it probably still isn't enough."
Oops.
#14 Posted by super_machine (1931 posts) -

Yeah I dont think the Dev thought it through completely. While it was a neat idea, its just not practical at this pace. The PS3 will be obsolete by the time mars is reached unless they get a lot more people playing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.