Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Noby Noby Boy

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

Noby Noby Boy is the much awaited follow up to the Katamari Damacy series by eccentric artist and employee of Namco-Bandai, Keita Takahashi. Players control an unusual entity named BOY in surreal, randomly generated, physics-based sandbox worlds.

Noby Noby Boy - Sounds Updated?

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Edited By Rasgueado

I haven't had much of a chance to try this out since it happened, but I finally downloaded the surprisingly large update and booted into this afternoon. It might just be me, but I don't remember having this many sound options in the game before (someone please correct me if this is wrong). There are a lot of music tracks in there now, and some of em are actually pretty good. A lot of them also sound like they were recorded well, though there's a few cheesy midi sounds in there too.

The other bit I noticed  when I loaded up Mars are little speaker boxes in the game world. As you move around them, the music playing in the background will move around your system relative to the game world. Even more cute is that when you EAT one of the speakers, the music sounds muffled. That's the main thing I noticed anyway. There are probably others.

(Note: The main reason I noticed the new music choices was because the game defaulted to a song I had not heard before, and was so incensed by its viscious tones I had to immediately find a way to turn it off. The song was a Noby Noby Boy version of It's a Small World Afterall. I am now curious if the inclusion of this incredibly annoying song was to push more people to discover the new(?) music menu. If so, that is at once both brilliant, and devious.)
    Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Rasgueado

I haven't had much of a chance to try this out since it happened, but I finally downloaded the surprisingly large update and booted into this afternoon. It might just be me, but I don't remember having this many sound options in the game before (someone please correct me if this is wrong). There are a lot of music tracks in there now, and some of em are actually pretty good. A lot of them also sound like they were recorded well, though there's a few cheesy midi sounds in there too.

The other bit I noticed  when I loaded up Mars are little speaker boxes in the game world. As you move around them, the music playing in the background will move around your system relative to the game world. Even more cute is that when you EAT one of the speakers, the music sounds muffled. That's the main thing I noticed anyway. There are probably others.

(Note: The main reason I noticed the new music choices was because the game defaulted to a song I had not heard before, and was so incensed by its viscious tones I had to immediately find a way to turn it off. The song was a Noby Noby Boy version of It's a Small World Afterall. I am now curious if the inclusion of this incredibly annoying song was to push more people to discover the new(?) music menu. If so, that is at once both brilliant, and devious.)
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

Yea I posted about it before, they updated a LOT of stuff.

Instead of just one song there's a dozen or so now, there's a voice synthesis system for both English and Japanese, there's all new graphics, lots of new features...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.