So how is the progress coming along?

#1 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

It seems like all people could talk about what Noby Noby Boy for a while, but it's been a while since I've heard anything about the stretching awesomeness from the Giant Bomb community.  Is anyone still playing this one?

Also, did people finally get past The Moon to...what was next, Mercury?

I'm just curious...
#2 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

I don't think it will ever reach Mars.

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

Really?  The community died on it THAT much?

#4 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

I’d be dissappointed if it never reached Mars. We need to conquer the universe, dammit!

#5 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
jakob187 said:
Really? The community died on it THAT much?
Well it took them several days to get to the moon (if I remember) and by that time a huge number of players had dropped off entirely. Mars is exponentially far from the Moon compared to the Moon and Earth, it would conceivably take a minimum of weeks at the post-release momentum that took Boy to the Moon to get to Mars, and they definitely don't have that kind of audience anymore, so...
#6 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -
Jayge_ said:
jakob187 said: Really? The community died on it THAT much? Well it took them several days to get to the ... [more]
Well, I had remembered hearing that Mars would take months to get to, and I was under the impression that there was just a ton of hype from the community playing the game to get to Mars.  Were the gameplay mechanics just not intriguing enough for people to get there?

Also, Disgaea...stop stretching.  Just stick to piledriving.
#7 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
jakob187 said:
Jayge_ said: jakob187 said: Really? The community died on it THAT much? Well it took them several days to get ... [more]
I was under the impression that it was half-regarded as a joke game, and I guess people's interest in "what the fuck will happen next" bottomed out.
#8 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
Jayge_ said:
jakob187 said: Jayge_ said: jakob187 said: Really? The community died on it THAT much? Well it took them several days ... [more]
Sadly, I envisioned this happening when I first encountered the game.

"It's weird, it's kooky! I want to play!"
"Okay, it's still a little weird... And I mean, the moon!"
"Okay fuck this. Back to MGS4."
#9 Posted by lilgroc78 (34 posts) -

Girl has just made it to Mars!!!!!!!!!!!! It took 93 days or something like that.

#10 Posted by coffeesash (347 posts) -

I'm still playing! The update added a lot of incentive to keep playing and now so has reaching Mars!

#11 Posted by ManMadeGod (1567 posts) -

Well, what is on Mars?

#12 Posted by coffeesash (347 posts) -

The spinning octopi are fun :)

#13 Posted by damswedon (3195 posts) -

if my pc that was controling my network hadnt fried its mother board i would be playing noby noby boy a ton.

#14 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -

I still need to get this game.  :-P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.