Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nolan North

Person » credited in 223 games

Nolan North is an American voice actor, known for both the quality and quantity of his roles, and is now a winner (and loser) of multiple "Northies" from giantbomb.com.

Had a dream about him last night

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

I had a dream I was back in school, a sort of middle school/high school hybrid, and Nolan North was one of the teachers there. It was the first day of school, and I didn't know what classes I had yet, but I remember desperately wanting to be in his.

Either way, I was walking down the hallway and he was signing autographs for people, so I ripped a piece of paper from my notebook and handed him a pen, and he signed it. We never really directly spoke, and as I walked away, I regretted not telling him how awesome he is, and that I hope he gets to do an Uncharted 3 soon. I had it planned in my head. "I'm sure you hear this all the time, but you do absolutely awesome work. Your work in Uncharted is some of the best ever done in the medium". When it came to actually saying it, I wasn't able to.

Oh well.  In between classes, kids would always line up for his autograph though, and you could tell that it was sort of a hassle as he had other things to do to prepare for the next class. But he would always do it, even if he had to rush some of the kids to have their pencil and paper ready.

I think he also wore glasses. What a pro.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By EVO

Awesome. I had a dream the other night; Adam and Jamie from Mythbusters were in it.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

That sounds so boring. Most of my dreams end with me being eaten alive by zombies. Also, there is always sex at some point.

I don't think they've happened at the same time... I can't remember.

Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Vecta

Oh you don't sound to obsessed at all.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PureRok said:
    " That sounds so boring. Most of my dreams end with me being eaten alive by zombies. Also, there is always sex at some point.  I don't think they've happened at the same time... I can't remember. "
    What if I told you, that in this school, people wore rollerskates?! =D

That's right. I rollerskated everywhere I needed to go in the school. The dream was pretty long, but this was the only part with Nolan.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Vito_Raliffe: Interesting, did you perhaps see this man in your dream?
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EvilTwin said:
    " @Vito_Raliffe: Interesting, did you perhaps see this man in your dream? "
    I'm not clicking that! I know what it is, and I want to forget all about it. :(
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Romination
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " @EvilTwin said:
    I'm not clicking that! I know what it is, and I want to forget all about it. :( "
    damn it, that man's face is absolutely frightening. it's not the idea that scares me, it's those eyebrows
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " @EvilTwin said:
    I'm not clicking that! I know what it is, and I want to forget all about it. :( "
    It's too late.  He'll be visiting you...tonight.  9,10 never sleep again...
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By Icemael

I had a dream about him too. I had grown tired of hearing him in every single action game, and brutally murdered him. 

Mr. North. You're a great voice actor, but seriously... this needs to stop. Uncharted, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Shadow Complex, Dark Void... all of them have fucking identical main characters with fucking identical voices. It's annoying as hell.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " I had a dream I was back in school, a sort of middle school/high school hybrid, and Nolan North was one of the teachers there. It was the first day of school, and I didn't know what classes I had yet, but I remember desperately wanting to be in his.  Either way, I was walking down the hallway and he was signing autographs for people, so I ripped a piece of paper from my notebook and handed him a pen, and he signed it. We never really directly spoke, and as I walked away, I regretted not telling him how awesome he is, and that I hope he gets to do an Uncharted 3 soon. I had it planned in my head. "I'm sure you hear this all the time, but you do absolutely awesome work. Your work in Uncharted is some of the best ever done in the medium". When it came to actually saying it, I wasn't able to.  Oh well.  In between classes, kids would always line up for his autograph though, and you could tell that it was sort of a hassle as he had other things to do to prepare for the next class. But he would always do it, even if he had to rush some of the kids to have their pencil and paper ready.  I think he also wore glasses. What a pro. "
    Sound like he's Indian Jones or something, which is interesting sense Nathan Drake is based of Indian Jones.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By shirogane
    @PureRok said:
    "That sounds so boring. Most of my dreams end with me being eaten alive by zombies. Also, there is always sex at some point.  I don't think they've happened at the same time... I can't remember. "

I thought the original dream was somewhat creepy, but this... 
    You can't remember or you don't want to?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.