Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Non-Player Character

Concept »

Characters controlled by the game for players to interact with, as opposed to player characters which are controlled by whomever is playing the game.

What is your favorite interaction between NPCs?

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#1 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Things like hearing Garrus and Tali flirt with each other in Mass Effect. Or hearing random Diamond Dogs having conversations on Mother Base. Things like that, the player character could be involved or not, just curious what everyone favorite incidental interactions are. My personal favorite is from the Witcher 3 and involves a character that could be dead or could be alive.

Probably my favorite interaction in any game with Letho being snarky to Roche. I genuinely like both Letho and Roche as characters, and that short little bit is supremely entertaining to me.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All of Canderous' dialogue in Kotor 1 was great, but especially the argument with Carth and the interaction that happens with him and Jolee when you first visit Korriban.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I thought the sex stuff with Sten in Dragon Age 1 was quite funny.

Loading Video...

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@brackstone: Yeah, Canderous is great. I wonder what it says that my favorite characters from those games are all technically dark side.

Joemotycki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought the Junpei & Chidori story arc in Persona 3 was pretty awesome and the best part of that game. A sort of fantastical ending to it, but it totally fits in with her persona and how they felt about each other.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Think you'll get your own squad after what happened last night?"
    "Are we going for whiskey and cigars later?"

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking
    Loading Video...

/thread

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I also really like this one from Deus Ex, among others:

Loading Video...

@brackstone: Yeah, Canderous is great. I wonder what it says that my favorite characters from those games are all technically dark side.

They were definitely the most fun characters in those games.

m16mojo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KOTOR was the first game that actually made me care about NPC's. I had a really hard time playing all Sith, on my second play through. I miss the old Bioware... I'm in the minority but, Mass Effect 1 & Dragon Age: Origins were their last great games. I was really hyped for DA3. Sadly, I found the NPC's dry, and lackluster. I tried about four times to try and get into it. I was just so bored.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Like all of all of the earth defense force games.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanfall's non playable soldiers on the battlefield actually had a stupid amount of interactions between them for something you would only barely pay attention to. Their reactions when you ran past were also always great.

AtomicTonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first thing that honestly comes to mind is Mass Effect 2. Not only did I get to hang out with my bros Garrus and Wrex in some capacity, but also the new characters that were introduced into the series. I guess the easy answer would be Mordin Solus when he does his little Gilbert and Sullivan bit (which is quite entertaining), but really it was with my chats with Thane Krios that really hit me at the time.

See, when Bioware/EA was pimping the game out before release they showed clips of the new characters with very little context. At that time I saw Thane as little more than the typical "assassin who is too badass for his own good" sort of character, pretty one dimensional. But when he became a crew member aboard the Normandy and I conversed with him more and more, he was just so damn deep. He was a character that knew he was on his death bed but kept on trying to atone for the sins he was committing. Quite honestly I saluted him IRL when he died in Mass Effect 3, in the hospital at the Citadel I had so much respect for him and his estranged son who was there to read him his final rights.

So TL;DR: Bioware is effing good at making characters and I really enjoyed any moment I had with Thane Krios from Mass Effect.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sgtsphynx  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.