Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NosCon

Concept »

A NosCon (short for Nostalgic Continuity) is a game made with the purpose of appealing to people's nostalgia for the retro gameplay and style of a specific series.

So now that Sonic 4 has been announced...

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

...how long until Super Mario Bros. 4? I think it's inevitable. Sometime somewhere, Nintendo will unveil this game for WiiWare. Pretty much every Mario fan wants it; it's only natural of them to do it. The kid in me wants a Donkey Kong Country 4 more than anything else though. Full with pre-rendered CGI graphics. What other franchises would you like to see get "NosConned"?

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KillaMaStA

noscon is a concept? Thats hilarious.

Super Mario isnt as desperate I think. They can still make money without nosconning

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By EpicSteve

You're more likely to get a  "New Super Mario Bros. 2" sense more people are familiar with that brand. Realistically if you released a retail Super Mario Bros. 4, people will be like "how do I get the other three? Oh, they're for systems that aren't the Wii!? Well...whatever." And I don't think Nintendo will be working on a full-fledged Downloadable Mario game for awhile. However, that might change if Sonic 4 comes out and is a success with people like us.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne

You might want to google and look into "Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii".

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Nintendo aren't usually too quick to jump on the "Me Too" bandwagon, so I can't see this happening. There will probably be more New Super Mario Bros. games. NSMBW was essentially SMB4, just with a different name, and I don't see what difference a name makes.

As for what games I would like to see NosConned - I'd like to see a 2D Oddworld sequel.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AuthenticM
    @Meowayne said:
    " You might want to google and look into "Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii". "
    The way I envision SMB4 is as a Wiiware title with NES SMB3 graphics and sound. MegaMan 9 has already proven the formula works. MegaMan 10 is coming.
    JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By JonathanMoore

Super Mario 4 technically exists.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By MildMolasses

I can't see this happening. It seems like the driving force behind the noscon games is to get back to basics afters years of screwing around with the formula with little to no success. Nintendo has never had that problem with Mario. Every new Mario game comes out with innovation and is showered with praise and and commercial success. That is not the case with Sonic

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.