What NosCons would you like to see in the future?

#1 Posted by TheMasterDS (2119 posts) -

I would love a Donkey Kong Country 4, and a Banjo-Threeie would be good too.

#2 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Shining Force.

Problem with noscons is you can try and bring back the old flavor to something, but if the old talent isn't around it won't be the same. That's why the next Sonic game is gonna be balls.

#3 Posted by Brendan (7999 posts) -

Star Fox. 
#4 Posted by raiz265 (2242 posts) -

lylat wars/star fox 64

#5 Edited by animateria (3253 posts) -

Chrono Trigger

Edit: Sounds wrong for a NosCon yes. But God damn I want another Chrono Trigger.

#6 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

Would Rare really pull a Banjo-Kazooie NosCon? It's not as if Nuts & Bolts was a total failure, and a lot of people (myself included) really enjoyed that game. I guess people said the same thing about Sonic the Hedgehog, and that happened.

Anyway, while I'm talking about Rare, there needs to be a Killer Instinct 3. Bring the classic into the online era. You know it makes sense.

#7 Posted by Toxin066 (3319 posts) -

I'm hoping Powerstone was well known enough to get the NosCon treatment.

@raiz265 said:

" lylat wars/star fox 64 "
This would be all too cool.
#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10329 posts) -
@Atlas said:
" Would Rare really pull a Banjo-Kazooie NosCon? It's not as if Nuts & Bolts was a total failure, and a lot of people (myself included) really enjoyed that game. I guess people said the same thing about Sonic the Hedgehog, and that happened.  Anyway, while I'm talking about Rare, there needs to be a Killer Instinct 3. Bring the classic into the online era. You know it makes sense. "

Rare isn't stupid enough to make a Banjo Threeie... in fact the first 5 minutes of Nuts & Bolts is a giant "fuck you" to the whole idea. They admit it's a genre that hasn't changed or improved much in 10 years, and innovation's a lot better. 
#9 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -
@XII_Sniper said:
" @Atlas said:
" Would Rare really pull a Banjo-Kazooie NosCon? It's not as if Nuts & Bolts was a total failure, and a lot of people (myself included) really enjoyed that game. I guess people said the same thing about Sonic the Hedgehog, and that happened.  Anyway, while I'm talking about Rare, there needs to be a Killer Instinct 3. Bring the classic into the online era. You know it makes sense. "
 Rare isn't stupid enough to make a Banjo Threeie... in fact the first 5 minutes of Nuts & Bolts is a giant "fuck you" to the whole idea. They admit it's a genre that hasn't changed or improved much in 10 years, and innovation's a lot better.  "
I hope you're right. I did totally forget about the opening of N&B. That pretty much closes the book on that. Question is, where do they go from here? Do they make another Nuts & Bolts style game, do something new with the series, or was N&B just a last hurrah for the franchise.

This conversation is making me want to go play Nuts & Bolts again. That was a hella good game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.