Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nosgoth

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Mar 26, 2014

Nosgoth was an online competitive multiplayer PC game being developed by Psyonix. The game was cancelled by Square Enix on 8 April 2016.

I like this game waaaaaaay more then I should

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Played about 5 or so hours of this on Saturday since I got a Beta key from an awesome Duder @amir90. I like how different the Humans and the Vampires feel but at no time did I ever feel one was more powerful then the other. Sad to say had I waited 2 more hours I could have bought a founders pack for 5 bucks and got some currency but regardless I have been having a blast with this.

I do like you can try out all the talents for each class by spending the gold you get in matches but dislike that to unlock it permanently you have to spend real money. The in game purchase though lasts 7 days so its not difficult to gain the currency up to repurchase the ability if it something you like.

Recommend to anyone if it goes on a Steam flash sale again to pick it up and give it a go. Even though its MP only I'm definitely sticking with it for the time being.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

But if you like this game, it means you're letting the man win

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By csl316

If this game continues to receive so many positive impressions, I'll just end up getting more hopeful for a proper LoK sequel.

But I don't want to get hurt again.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@csl316 said:

If this game continues to receive so many positive impressions, I'll just end up getting more hopefuly for a proper LoK sequel.

But I don't want to get hurt again.

The wounds may be old but they still feel fresh...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I'm more curious how this all fits into the LoK legacy and background. Does it feel faithful to the world that LoK built...and subsequently tried to destroy with Blood Omen 2 and Defiance? Does it feel like they are just taking the name of Nosgoth and trying to reap the benefits of an IP, even if the game is pretty good?

Basically, does it feel like this could've been some other game without the Nosgoth title attached to it?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jakob187: It does some interesting things with the vampire classes and the style is very LoK but if another publisher had put out this game without the license they wouldn't have gotten into any trouble.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man... I feel like I'm in some fucked up world where people ACTUALLY like a F2P Multiplayer Only LoK game...

It can't be as good as you people say... It can't be!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vae Victus -- suffering to the conquered. Ironic that now I was the one suffering. Not anything as pedestrian as physical pain. Rather the cruel jab of impotent anger -- the hunger for revenge. I didn't care if I was in Heaven or Hell -- all I wanted was to kill my assassins. Sometimes you get what you wish for. The Necromancer Mortanius offered me a chance for vengeance. And like a fool, I jumped at his offer without considering the cost. Nothing is free, not even revenge.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius said:

Recommend to anyone if it goes on a Steam flash sale again to pick it up and give it a go. Even though its MP only I'm definitely sticking with it for the time being.

Wait, you have to buy the game and then if you want to unlock talents permanently you have to buy those seperately? D:

Looks they've got some interesting classes.

Loading Video...

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: No you don't, the pay for is just for a beta key and some "veteran pack". Once it's out it will be entirely F2P.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zirilius

@theht: Its a free to play game but its a closed beta that you can get access to simply by buying one of the founder packs.

And I found I was wrong on the equipment purchases. There are two options. One is to rent the ability for 7 days and the other is to purchase permanently. The permanent ability is significantly more gold but still attainable.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: @corruptedevil: Ah, good, good.

I'm not a fan of "buy for x amount of time" things, but it being free-to-play and having options to puchase those things permanently after a bit a grinding is all good to hear.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: So there is your overall level and each class has its own level. At your overall level of 5,10,15, and 20 you get the ability to unlock the other classes or you can purchase them from the store earlier (either through founder member unlocks or real money). You also get random inventory unlocks when you level up your classes also in 5 level increments.

There are a few things that you can only spend real money on but most of them are either XP boosters or cosmetic. Pretty hard to pay to win as I find that all of the inventory and perk upgrades are pretty balanced.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: The world had changed to my eyes. I had not expected such cruelty from the light. For in the embrace of the sun, I could find no comfort, only malice. This would change in time for the worse, along with other things.

Kaymai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've had access to this game since it was in alpha but haven't tried playing till now. since i like going to the GB community for all my multiplayer gaming needs i'm hoping to find some people who'd be interested in palying with me and have access to voice chat. i'd like to give this game a good college try. http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaymai/

megamanslazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By megamanslazar

The game's in Open Beta now if anyone's interested. Wish the GB guys would take a look at it. It's a lot of fun, really bums me out that so many people are saying negative things about it just because of the universe it's set it.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Loafsmooch

I'm blown away by how much fun I'm having with this, did not expect it at all. Reminds me of AvP 2 MP so much <3

The gold costs for permanent unlocks feel a bit high, but considering everything is basically a side-grade it doesn't really matter.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only got around to playing one match during the free weekend, but it reminds me of the Vampire Hunter mod for Half-Life 1, which is a VERY good thing.

But AvP is probably a more apt comparison. I'm not big on competitive multiplayer, but I can see myself playing a lot of this.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I think vampires are really dumb, but maybe this is worth checking out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.