Woah, a good shooter on the iPhone/iPod

#1 Posted by JoelTGM (5592 posts) -

I just bought this game after reading IGN's 9/10 review.  I figured the good reviews just meant it was the best shooter on the system, but only because the other shooters kind of sucked, but actually it is really superb and the touch screen controls work extremely well here.  I don't enjoy shooters on the PSP at all, but on the iPhone/iPod (is there a name that covers both devices so I don't have to keep typing them both out?) the future for shooters is looking good.  IGN said it was like Halo with some Deadspace to it, and so far that seems to be the case, heck it has recharging shields and the pistol looks straight out of Halo CE.   Also it has online multiplayer, but I haven't tried it.  Here's video of an early mission searching for survivors in this ship, there's also outdoor gameplay, it all looks like Halo.

#2 Posted by Venatio (4485 posts) -
@DOUBLESHOCK:

So should I buy it for a dollar then? Worth it?
#3 Posted by Mikemcn (6875 posts) -
@Venatio said:
" @DOUBLESHOCK:  So should I buy it for a dollar then? Worth it? "
Its only a dollar? I might even consider it then, but im sorta stuck on Tilt to Live right now.
#4 Posted by Venatio (4485 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" @Venatio said:
" @DOUBLESHOCK:  So should I buy it for a dollar then? Worth it? "
Its only a dollar? I might even consider it then, but im sorta stuck on Tilt to Live right now. "
Yupp a dollar to celebrate the release of the iPhone 4

I bought it, the gameplay is fine but the main characters voice acting is horrific, but other characters are fine

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.