Hotline Miami? NOOOO!

#1 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I said, "hey, I'm listening to the Hotline Miami soundtrack, I should check out the Giant Bomb Quick Look of this game!"

I typed in "Hotline" into the search bar, and this... fucking thing came up.

I can't believe... I mean who would... now I must fucking find all of the information I can about this game. I have to find the developers, research the development company and the staff. I have to know it all now. I have to jump down this fucking rabbit hole due to my own dumb curiosity.

I mean it's fucking the only way now to get this dumb fucking thing out of my head. I have to go so far now. The wiki page on this is going to be so fucking immaculate, you have no idea. It'll be bursting with information in like a week, two weeks time.

Goddamn it.

#2 Edited by DFSVegas (350 posts) -
#3 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

I'm ashamed to say that I knew someone when I was a teenager that had this game. Yes, it's as bad as you believe it is. It's actually worse than you think it is.

#4 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@DFSVegas: YOU'RE NOT HELPING.

@jakob187: You have to kill them now.

#5 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

i feel like this is the game that finally nails choice and consequence. in a big way.

#6 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

@Napalm: Someone is selling it for $5 on Amazon, you need to buy it and give us the most accurate information possible for the wiki.

YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE!

#7 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (446 posts) -

i found $20 on the floor and bough this album with the money back when it came out

#8 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

I hope it's a dating sim

#9 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3716 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

I'm ashamed to say that I knew someone when I was a teenager that had this game. Yes, it's as bad as you believe it is. It's actually worse than you think it is.

^ I totally knew this guy... who had this game... wasn't me.

#10 Posted by Killerfridge (300 posts) -
#11 Edited by harinosho (591 posts) -
#12 Posted by Giantstalker (1510 posts) -

Product Features

  • Hear their real voices
  • For Windows 95 or newer
  • See exclusive video footage of the guys
  • Learn new facts about the band
  • Use your Fantasy Phone as a game controller too

Sounds like if you can meet the insane system requirements, you'll be in for a hell of a time. This is what PC gaming is all about!

#13 Posted by streetninja (145 posts) -

You must record yourself playing the game!

#14 Posted by coons84 (25 posts) -

We need a Jeff-Brad Quick Look, to get to the bottom of this game!

#15 Posted by iAmJohn (6107 posts) -

I always get stuck on the ice cave in the Bye Bye Bye level. Such bullshit; did anyone actually playtest this game?!

#16 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

did anyone actually playtest this game?!

No.

#17 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3095 posts) -

It's in the top forums.

#18 Posted by Empirepaintball (1389 posts) -

@Apparatus_Unearth: That's the best part.

#19 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2717 posts) -

Developed by STUNT PUPPY ENTERTAINMENT. 
 
Fuck.

#20 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1882 posts) -

So I'm biting the bullet and buying it.... what has my life become.

#21 Posted by KaneRobot (1395 posts) -

"Here are some words that rhyme with Corey..."

#22 Posted by Pepsiman (2458 posts) -

So is this better or worse than Spice World for the PS1? I guess that is to say, is there a nude cheat that I can put into the game to make everyone lose their clothes like in that game too?

#23 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Joey was my favorite.... ahhh, I'm joking. Of course it was Justin!

#24 Edited by GorillaMoPena (1882 posts) -

I'll have it in 4-14 business days. I'm going to regret this

#25 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Empirepaintball said:

@Apparatus_Unearth: That's the best part.

You're both welcome.

#26 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Next time just goto the video section & search there instead for a quick look. Or now that the game of the year stuff is out, find the link in those lists. Good luck with the other mission.

#27 Edited by Castiel (2520 posts) -

@GorillaMoPena @Napalm: : You do realize that no one is forcing you to buy it. You are doing this because deep down you want to play the game. You are only using this thread as an excuse to play the game. ;)

#28 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@fox01313 said:

Next time just goto the video section & search there instead for a quick look. Or now that the game of the year stuff is out, find the link in those lists. Good luck with the other mission.

...what...

#29 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1882 posts) -

@Castiel said:

@GorillaMoPena @Napalm: : You do realize that no one is forcing you to buy it. You are doing this because deep down you want to play the game. You are only using this thread as an excuse to play the game. ;)

I hope it is able to be my boy band themed game of the century.

#30 Posted by Castiel (2520 posts) -

@GorillaMoPena said:

@Castiel said:

@GorillaMoPena @Napalm: : You do realize that no one is forcing you to buy it. You are doing this because deep down you want to play the game. You are only using this thread as an excuse to play the game. ;)

I hope it is able to be my boy band themed game of the century.

Alright that's cool man. I just wanted you to be honest about your intentions. :)

#31 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Castiel: Stop with the smiley faces. It's creepy.

#32 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -

I want a quick look.

#33 Edited by Castiel (2520 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Castiel: Stop with the smiley faces. It's creepy.

:) :D ;) ;P

Alright I stop now. Truth be told I have never been the biggest fan of smiley faces. I have just been on some forums where they weren't able to see if something were meant ironic without a damn smiley, I will never use a smiley on GB ever again.

Smiley faces have made people dumber and stop making them think for themselves. It amazes me that some people aren't able to spot sarcasm or irony without a smiley.

#34 Posted by Mister_Snig (553 posts) -

@buzz_killington: Fuck you, JC for life.

#35 Posted by TheHT (10787 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@fox01313 said:

Next time just goto the video section & search there instead for a quick look. Or now that the game of the year stuff is out, find the link in those lists. Good luck with the other mission.

...what...

you were looking for the Hotline Miami quick look, remember?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.