Looking forward to this...

#1 Posted by nori (17 posts) -

Just ran across this on steam and I must say it looks like a blast! They might actually get the RTS part right and still have fun FPS elements... Anyone else thinking of getting this?

#2 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -

How is it yo?

Wouldn't mind giving this a crack.

Anyone ever play the natural selection mod for hl1?

#3 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

RockPaperShotgun had some nice things to say about it; they also say it's got some rough patches.  

I'd actually really like to see a QL of the game, since it's hard to get a grasp of the commander/rts stuff without seeing it in play. 

#4 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -

I gave into temptation and picked it up.

Not too bad at all. Combat is satisfying as in any source game and it seems like the rts stuff works alright. It's like having a central engineer instead of them being all over the place. The balancing between the classes seems pretty decent as well, every class i've tried so far has been rewarding in its own way and feels like it balances out.

It's nice to have some sort of team based shooter to play besides Team Fortress, it feels like its been a while since there was anything else similar?

#5 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

It's very team oriented but a good solo can do some serious damage. 

If you play the game just to shoot people, you're at the mercy of your commander, but it's a great experience. The weapons are varied, you rank up with points unlocking gadgets that give you extra ammo, or personal med kits exc, each of the 4 classes have multiple kits such as the support class can be an engineer, medic, or the BBQ/Flamethrower set. The stages are well designed and offer enough variety for a lot of replay value. 

The only downside to the game is it's VERY VERY difficult to come back from being down very long. As much as 3 minutes in favor of one side or the other spells doom for the rest of the match for team. This slow long death process for a team to grind down the other's into submission has turned many away. Only the stubborn or intrigued have stuck with it, and the number of players are growing. The game needs word of mouth because it's an indie title, but they have their own forums and the devs there are very active. With the right support the title could really take off. It's unique in a way like Tribes is a unique classic FPS. 

They did a really cool job with it.

#6 Posted by Omegus (30 posts) -

I am waiting till the Linux Version comes out so I can get started. They said it should be out with an upcoming update .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.