Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oculus Rift

Accessory »

The Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset for the PC released in March 2016.

Occulus VR Co-founder killed.

• 77 results
    Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@pudge said:

That fucking sucks. Didn't the Virtual Boy guy die in a car crash too? Or am I confused.

I think he would like his legacy to be attached to the gameboy instead, but yes.

I only said Virtual Boy because it is the only other crazy VR headset, and their creators both died in weird traffic related things. Really just a bummer though...

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By ajamafalous

Holy shit, that's fucking tragic.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I know I'm taking a strong stance but: Fuck Criminals.

Sad to see that he isn't going to see the full circle of the OR.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Why must the good die young?

WHY?!! WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY?!?!?!

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnatsol: IIRC it's been said that he had connections to the yakuza and was killed by them.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Monkeyman04

Man, that's fucked. I can't even fathom how that could happen. Why do the good ones have to go?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By NekuSakuraba

This is terrible. Condolences to all his friends and family.

R.I.P

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Double holy shit on me. This practically happened in my back yard. It's tragic that anyone suffered such an end simply because another gang banger got a slap on the wrist and let loose, but considering how much I keep an ear out for the video game industry I am absolutely stunned to know that he was the one who got struck.

Many condolences to his family and friends.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MakoTitan

@animasta: it means that the individual who struck him had outstanding warrants for his arrest. Probably shouldn't of let it get that far and just arrested his sooner.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Damnit

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

R.I.P. :'(

@gnatsol said:

@arbitrarywater: Wait what!? Elaborate plz!

Yeah, there are some pretty crazy rumours that Nintendo's former President Yamauchi ordered a hit on him cause the Virtual Boy failed. Pretty stupid, you souldn't pay too much attention to them. Tragic things happen...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#62  Edited By Hailinel

R.I.P. :'(

@gnatsol said:

@arbitrarywater: Wait what!? Elaborate plz!

Yeah, there are some pretty crazy rumours that Nintendo's former President Yamauchi ordered a hit on him cause the Virtual Boy failed. Pretty stupid, you souldn't pay too much attention to them. Tragic things happen...

Yeah, the rumors are just the ramblings of the paranoid.

@animasta: it means that the individual who struck him had outstanding warrants for his arrest. Probably shouldn't of let it get that far and just arrested his sooner.

Yes, like it's guaranteed that it would just be that easy and not the case that, you know, the guy would run the moment he knew police were coming for him.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Legion_

It's just such a meaningless death, and so sad. The world has lost a creative visionary, the gaming community has lost a important member, and a family has lost a loved one. Reisse-family and Oculus VR, you have my condolences, and my deepest sympathy.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck sake what a shame

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, that just fucking sucks....

RIP man, he certainly helped bring on what has the potential to be one of the biggest revolutions in gaming.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@vegetashonor said:

Yes, like it's guaranteed that it would just be that easy and not the case that, you know, the guy would run the moment he knew police were coming for him.

They wouldn't have to come for him if they didn't let him out of prison in the first case.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#68  Edited By Hailinel

@dezztroy said:

@hailinel said:

@vegetashonor said:

They wouldn't have to come for him if they didn't let him out of prison in the first case.

I don't think you understand the purpose of probation.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
    deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck, and I am sure that he had so much more. He was brilliant and I hope he knew that what he made is going to make lots of people very happy.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@dezztroy said:

@hailinel said:

@vegetashonor said:

It sure as hell isn't for letting violent criminals out onto the streets. Which is the case here.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Joeyoe31

That's a bummer man.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, this is sad news.

*scrolls down to comments on the article*

"Hispanics have the lowest average IQ of all races"

And that's why you never read the comments.

I hear you dude, people just can't help but push their agenda even when it isn't appropriate.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By Shady

@dezztroy said:

@hailinel said:

@dezztroy said:

@hailinel said:

@vegetashonor said:

It sure as hell isn't for letting violent criminals out onto the streets. Which is the case here.

Do you know for a fact that he was arrested for a violent crime? Usually gang members are arrested for drug possession. You can be indignant all you want, but the fact of the matter is our criminal system is already pretty harsh to the point of absurdity.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@robotsquad said:

Damn, this is sad news.

I hear you dude, people just can't help but push their agenda even when it isn't appropriate.

I get where they're coming from though. Sometimes when something like this happens it really upsets me and I wish they would just send in all kind of special forces to kill anybody who's a known gang banger. Obviously that's a coping mechanism and I wouldn't really want that. But I think that's what they're are projecting in the comments. It's feeling so fucking helpless when, if you lost your mind, you could actually do something about it

. It's like a fucked up twisted version Occam's razor.

Man this really is getting to me. I'm so excited for the Occulus Rift and I'm so sick of the fucking scum in California. ughhh. I fucking hate mankind sometimes.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@jams said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@robotsquad said:

Damn, this is sad news.

I get where they're coming from though. Sometimes when something like this happens it really upsets me and I wish they would just send in all kind of special forces to kill anybody who's a known gang banger. Obviously that's a coping mechanism and I wouldn't really want that. But I think that's what they're are projecting in the comments. It's feeling so fucking helpless when, if you lost your mind, you could actually do something about it

. It's like a fucked up twisted version Occam's razor.

Man this really is getting to me. I'm so excited for the Occulus Rift and I'm so sick of the fucking scum in California. ughhh. I fucking hate mankind sometimes.

They aren't talking about gangbangers or even cholos(hispanic gangbangers) though dude. I'd probably understand if they said something like that but this guy is spouting off some racist bullshit as if it's a fact. I hate when xenophobes lump in the degenerates that come over here (not just from Mexico mind you, from El Salvador, Honduras, and even Guatamala) with all of the hard-working Hispanics and migrant workers who come to California, Arizona and Texas for better opportunities.

But really, that's straying everything way too far from the topic at hand, which is exactly what that dick wanted to happen. R.I.P Andrew, the world lost a brilliant mind and an even greater innovator.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Condolences

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@fuzzybunny566 said:

Maybe if people wouldn't join gangs and commit crimes in the first place, then all these events wouldn't chain together like this. If some guy decided not to fatally shot another guy, this wouldn't have happened.

It's not like most people in criminal gangs wake up one day and decide "I'm going to join a gang and kill people because I'm a terrible human being." They usually join because they have no other options, which is usually due to a variety of reasons. And they probably commit those crimes because, again, they've got no other options. The point being the the chain of events goes on indefinitely, and there's no point in playing the blame game here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.