Oculus Co-Founder Tragically Killed in Weekend Accident

• 119 results
#101 Posted by pwnmachine (402 posts) -

That is terrible, and just as his hard work was coming to fruition.

RIP

#102 Posted by Zainyboy (113 posts) -

What a tragedy. RIP

#103 Edited by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

So fucked up. Nonetheless, he at least got to see some of the very positive reaction people had to his creation. R.I.P. you innovator of technology. May you always be remembered for your contributions.

#104 Posted by ItalianStallion (187 posts) -

Why do the good die young? RIP.

#106 Edited by ninjalegend (431 posts) -

A sad loss. I wish his family the best in coping with this horrific situation. I hope in the future, the police weigh the risk/reward of a police chase before starting one up. With technology, resources, and manpower at their fingertips, police chases are not always the best and safest way to catch the criminals. Yes, with great power comes great responsibility, but so do great big egos.

Anyway, rest in peace, Mr. Reisse.

#107 Posted by gamergutz (81 posts) -

@xplusy said:

^^^^ Please pause your game for a moment of silence... R.I.P

#108 Edited by AngeTheDude (674 posts) -

Stories like this make you wish that The Punisher was real.

#109 Posted by umdesch4 (772 posts) -

So, let me guess. Gang members were caught and will go to trial...with a publicly appointed attorney paid for by your tax dollars. Then they'll go to jail, where they will be fed and housed for however long, again thanks to your tax dollars, and eventually get out on parole in a few short years to do it again.

I'm so sorry Andrew. This world didn't deserve the likes of you. I hope you're somewhere better now.

#110 Edited by Landmine (525 posts) -

That's really awful news, My thoughts go out to his friends and family. His legacy will live on though, I hope they do a tribute to him and his work when the product is widely released. It's a shame to lose such a brilliant mind.

#111 Posted by Orbitz (67 posts) -

God-fucking-dammit... What a terrible series of events.

I hope they execute those fucking gang members. No point in having human garbage like that clogging up the prison system further, and costing the taxpayers money.

I send my condolences to Andrew's family.

#112 Edited by Graylend (55 posts) -

@xplusy said:

Pour one out. At the very least his work lives on through his profession and those who play them.
Rest in peace, dude.

#113 Posted by divakchopra (86 posts) -

I'll pray for Andrew and his family

#114 Posted by avantegardener (1126 posts) -

So tragic, RIP.

#115 Posted by MAST (734 posts) -

Is this any kind of news? This is par for the course nowadays... Humans are fucked up, and can't rule themselves at all...................

#116 Posted by JesterPC238 (341 posts) -

My thoughts and feelings, like so many others, go out to Andrew's family and friends.

Very depressing news.

#117 Edited by Accolade (327 posts) -

Sad day

#118 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1439 posts) -

It's really terrible when great an talented people leave this world so suddenly. I hope the other side is treating you well, Andrew.

#119 Posted by joelalfaro (572 posts) -

Gangs.

#120 Posted by TheWind89 (9 posts) -

Man this is very sad and my thoughts go out to the family and friends of Mr. Reisse. On a related thought has a high-speed pursuit ever actually saved lives? I have heard doubts about continuing the practice of high-speed pursuits since for the most part the evidence shows that its more a instant gratification for police than an effective tool against crime. I'm sure most people reading this have seen the results of a high speed chase on film and know it often ends in the death of an officer, person(s) escaping, or innocent bystanders. I wish the police would not instantly assume chasing an already dangerous person through a populated neighborhood, city, or highway at 90mph is the only option, but hey power can go to your head I guess.

#121 Posted by theanticitizen (270 posts) -

If I can afford it, I'll buy an Oculus Rift in Andrew's honor. RIP

#122 Posted by Zenthere (58 posts) -

RIP

#123 Edited by ninjalegend (431 posts) -

@thewind89: Yeah. In today's constantly connected world, it is easier than ever for the authorities to track someone down. For the most part, it is just to indulge the officers in their sick power fantasies. I understand the chase of a shooter who has killed randomly and may kill again. After the crime is committed, and there is no longer something to motivate the suspect to more violence, causing someone to flee in a vehicle just puts many more lives at risk. Helicopters and road blocks to stop them are effective. Doing actual police work to track them down works wonders as well.

"Because power corrupts, society's demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases." John Adams

#124 Posted by trelution (79 posts) -

This is why we can't have nice things :(

#125 Posted by SilverTorch1 (68 posts) -

The only way this is a tragedy is if the co-founder had a serious problem of not looking both ways before crossing the road. If somehow not looking both ways was a core problem with his very being, a tragic flaw. Otherwise it's just another person who died too early and probably could have done something more with the time he could have lived. I expect more from Patrick Klepek. I guess I was wrong.

#126 Edited by Smashlampjaw (220 posts) -
#127 Posted by Tebbit (4465 posts) -

That's real sad ;(

The only way this is a tragedy is if the co-founder had a serious problem of not looking both ways before crossing the road. If somehow not looking both ways was a core problem with his very being, a tragic flaw. Otherwise it's just another person who died too early and probably could have done something more with the time he could have lived. I expect more from Patrick Klepek. I guess I was wrong.

You are a facile idiot.

#128 Posted by Plipster (132 posts) -

:-(

#129 Posted by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -

@silvertorch1: You should consider joining the Westboro Baptist Church. I hear they love scumbags like yourself.

#130 Edited by gizmo88 (99 posts) -

@mrfluke: np Mr. Miserable. Please stay away from guns....for your own health.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.