Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oculus Rift

Accessory »

The Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset for the PC released in March 2016.

Oculus Rift: My First Time (Tuscany Demo)

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

I put on my Oculus Rift for the first time yesterday and came away very impressed. After fiddling with the straps, I managed to get the headset on properly at the 9:10 mark. The first words out of my mouth were, "Holy shit." I then spend the rest of my time in the demo exploring virtual Tuscany and finding the best way to control everything. Watch me look like a crazy person at the 21:18 mark as I try and detect latency in my head movement. I couldn't. While there isn't any interaction in the Oculus World Demo, I had enough fun just walking around and getting used to everything. I found that standing up is a bad idea and walking backwards makes me feel funny. It's exciting how well this thing works and the possibilities of the future. I can't wait to play through Half-Life 2 with it!

I played the Sixense Tuscany Demo with the Razer Hydra today. It blows this away. I'll be uploading that soon!

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

can you lock the head movement to the controller, i would love to have this but think the hole head moving would be sickening and confusing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.