Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oculus Rift

Accessory »

The Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset for the PC released in March 2016.

The Rise and Fall of Oculus VR, a fantasy based story

This topic is locked from further discussion.

weirdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By weirdo

*editor note* I tried to keep this as indifferent as possible, I apologize in advanced If I was unfair towards any company
    --------------------------------

Once upon a time, there was a planet named Internetia (pronounced Internesjia) many factions live in peace, war, depravity and some live as a constant annoyance for others, namely Trollocs. One of the biggest Continent is Gaemini (pronounced G-emini) where many factions lives, the biggest being FPS or First-Persoon-tiratore ruled by 3 kings. There was a time for Gaemini when each faction pushed their technological level to continually improve their medicines, crop development and revolutionize technology many other continents thought were crazy, they were, however, silent when they themselves bought the technology, truly, it was a Golden Age of Gaemini, until, one day, greed settled in the hearts of Noble men. Technological development stagnated, only rereleasing technology with a few twists and cogs, no new groundbreaking technology, only the same, would Gaemini ever recover?

A decade pass by, nothing has changed, the Nobles of Gaemini were still greedy, or so many say, few were trying to defend them by rebuking "They have a country to run, it is not easy to keep an entire nation afloat!" maybe they are right? No one knows what goes on in the mind of a Nobleman/woman

One day, out of nowhere, a traveler walked into the city and gazed around, displeased of what he saw, he walked into the center of town and shouted "People of Gaemini! Hear my voice! for it is true and just! Are you not displeased with your rulers!? Are you not sick of these false promises your rulers spews out of their fat mouth!? I am! When was the last time any of you bought a product that actually pushed the standards of agriculture? medicine? and way of life? Last year? 3 years ago? 5? 7? For me It has been more of a decade! It Is time to-" He was cut off "They still release very good products though, Bioshock for example which shocks the biological in infertile land to be fertile! And that Robotic Batman which fights crime, the crime level has been down ever since!" The traveler looks at the man, walks to him and lays a hand on his shoulder, he looks him in the eyes and nods in silent agreement, he says "true, but when is the next time they will release something that is actually groundbreaking? 5 years? 10? 20? To this I say no!"

From the palace, the High King and his advisers look in contempt, however, his Grand Mage looks in interest, a viewing pleasure the King has noticed and does not like.

The traveler speaks "I alone have developed a device, a device which will peer into the future! A device that will help you, guide you! Farmers! No longer will you need to listen to instincts or dates written down in paper! Behold! I present my invention! The Oculus!" from his backpack he reaches for his device and holds it in front of the crowd" The crows looks and laughs, one shouts back "You're crazy! How can that thing pierce into the future?"
    The traveler shouts back "Come to me and try this device for yourself" The man who rebuked him stepped forward, eager to see if this Oculus works, the Traveler fits the device on his head and turns it on.

"Thing is happening" said the man, "just wait" replied the traveler, seconds pass until the man opens his mouth and says "What the... i-is that my wife!? She looks sick, she is laying on our bed panting, th-the apothecary grabs my shoulder and shakes his head" The traveler removes the device then says "I suggest bringing your wife here and an apothecary here" The man grabs him and is angry "How do I not know this is just mere illusion?" the traveler is calm, he does not look aggravated and replies "Because it is not my life on the line" The angry man looks at him for a moment and releases the traveler from his grip, before he turns to do as the traveler asked he says "It will be if this is a lie"

Minutes pass, no one else has tried the device, the traveler merely sits on the fountain and waits. Then the same man appears with his wife and with an apothecary he shouts "Everyone! Let us see if he speaks the truth! Or is another deceiver!" He looks at the apothecary "Examine her blood"
    The apothecary holds for a syringe and a PDA, he extracts some blood from the female and injects it into a slot in the PDA "this will take a moment" the apothecary looks at the PDA until the results pinged, he exclaims "This female is sick! With a deadly virus!" The man looks worried at his wife and asks the apothecary "nononono according to the device she will die!" The apothecary holds up a hand and says "It is still in incubation, we shall put her to sleep and have the mages extract the virus, curing her" The man looks relieved and hugs the traveler whispering in his ear "thank you!" He then looks at the crowd and shouts "This device saved my wife!" everyone cheers.

From the balcony however, the King, advisers and the noblemen looks in fear, for they will loose a sizable chunk of income should he start developing it full time. The high priest however, removes his hood and says "This will be interesting!" said John Carmack.
    ------------------------------------------------------

I have to go to the bank, part 2 will be released when I come back.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Nah...fan fiction is generally discouraged on the forums. Maybe don't bother posting part two.

If you'd like to post it just to your blog and not cross-post to the forums, that'll be fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.