Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oddball

Concept »

Oddball, a 'kill the man with the ball' style of gametype present in the Halo series, tasks players with obtaining and maintaining possession of skulls around the level to earn points.

The se7en rules of oddball (sorry for the title)

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By superfriend

So you wanna play oddball, huh? You think you´re bad, huh?! Who´s bad?
    First off all, don´t you talk to me like that, sir. And 2: Here are some tips for oddball.

1. Don´t rush in on the skull. Wait for the first 4 knuckleheads to waste each other. Now´s your chance.

2. Drop grenades on those fools. A viable option on sword base, this strategy can save your ass in any game mode.
        Take the high ground- and as long as the skull´s in the center of the map, let it rain.

3. Go for stealth. Yes, the jetpack can be tempting, but oddball is all about keeping a low profile.
        Activate it and rush in to snag the skull. You will loose your camo if you grab it, though.

4. If you can grab the skull, by all means, do it. Always watch your radar, though. There´s guys just waiting for
        a quick kill around every corner. Corners, huh? Next.

5. Use those corners. This is a little trickier to do than before, due to the increased killabillity (nice) of those
        pesky grenades. If you´ve got the skull, try and find a spot where you can hang out just around a corner, ideally
        with a one-way lift at your back. Nobody gets you from behind- but you drop them with the skull-melee.

6. Clear out the area- but don´t get trigger-happy. You want to keep a low profile until you get the ball, but shooting
        some guys from afar will get you some attention you don´t want. In a perfect world your shield is always full
        when you grab the ball. Oh and you´re married to a film star or something.

7. You can actually drop the ball. Hey, that melee thing with the skull is real nice and all, but getting a nice gun
        and then dropping said ball has its benefits too. I really like the DMR. In oddball, everyone is always at half
        shield, or so it seems. Use that to your advantage! Look for people to drop their shields and get them with the DMR.

Hey seven tips, I should probably stop. Sorry, no nice pictures this time, I´m kinda tired.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By superfriend

So you wanna play oddball, huh? You think you´re bad, huh?! Who´s bad?
    First off all, don´t you talk to me like that, sir. And 2: Here are some tips for oddball.

1. Don´t rush in on the skull. Wait for the first 4 knuckleheads to waste each other. Now´s your chance.

2. Drop grenades on those fools. A viable option on sword base, this strategy can save your ass in any game mode.
        Take the high ground- and as long as the skull´s in the center of the map, let it rain.

3. Go for stealth. Yes, the jetpack can be tempting, but oddball is all about keeping a low profile.
        Activate it and rush in to snag the skull. You will loose your camo if you grab it, though.

4. If you can grab the skull, by all means, do it. Always watch your radar, though. There´s guys just waiting for
        a quick kill around every corner. Corners, huh? Next.

5. Use those corners. This is a little trickier to do than before, due to the increased killabillity (nice) of those
        pesky grenades. If you´ve got the skull, try and find a spot where you can hang out just around a corner, ideally
        with a one-way lift at your back. Nobody gets you from behind- but you drop them with the skull-melee.

6. Clear out the area- but don´t get trigger-happy. You want to keep a low profile until you get the ball, but shooting
        some guys from afar will get you some attention you don´t want. In a perfect world your shield is always full
        when you grab the ball. Oh and you´re married to a film star or something.

7. You can actually drop the ball. Hey, that melee thing with the skull is real nice and all, but getting a nice gun
        and then dropping said ball has its benefits too. I really like the DMR. In oddball, everyone is always at half
        shield, or so it seems. Use that to your advantage! Look for people to drop their shields and get them with the DMR.

Hey seven tips, I should probably stop. Sorry, no nice pictures this time, I´m kinda tired.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.