Holy shit! Munch's Oddysey and strangers wrath coming to PC!

#1 Posted by Metal_Mills (3046 posts) -
 So yes, we will be seeing more from Oddworld. Regarding the library, we are in the process of converting Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath to the PC, so that all four of the major Oddworld games will be re-releasing this winter in a package called "The Oddbox." This will be the Abe games, Munch, and Stranger as one package for Steam's digital distribution network, as well as a few other digital distribution outlets.     

Oh. 
My. 
God. 
!!!!
http://bitmob.com/index.php/mobfeed/oddworld-inhabitants-interview-with-lorne-lanning.html    
#2 Posted by Driadon (3029 posts) -

Sold!

#3 Posted by Ghostiet (5328 posts) -

666/10.

#4 Posted by SlowHands (347 posts) -
@Metal_Mills:  If this is true, then yay!
#5 Posted by FlamingHobo (4512 posts) -

#6 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -
#7 Edited by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

Wow, that is totally, 100% amazingly, brilliantly, fantastically, awesomely, orgasmically awesome. I loved Abe's Oddyssey & Exoddus. The universe was fantastic, the gameplay was awesome. They are two of my favourite games ever. I really, really wanted to play the sequels but since I never owned an original Xbox, and the Backwards compatibility on 360 for Munchy is half broken and for Strangers is non existent, I never got to play the sequels. This is fantastic news!!!!!!

#8 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

That's all kinds of awesome.

#9 Posted by Bartman3010 (445 posts) -

I've still got both games for my regular Xbox. But I think being able to play Strangers Wrath on my PC would be a much better deal. Great news for those who missed out on this game. (Much like me)

#10 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I don't understand the excitement about Munch's Oddysee I've seen here and other places.  When the game came out it was correctly judged as mediocre.  Stranger's Wrath on the other hand...

#11 Posted by Trylks (829 posts) -

"That's... good to know"

@FlamingHobo: qft . Also, lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.