I think people exagerate with vanille

#1 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

tbh I don't find her annoying at all, yes, her voice is a bit weird but not something that really annoys me at all, I think people are making a big deal out of nothing, anyone else feels the same as me?

#2 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

she's the stereotypical dumb/clueless/acting like they're constantly high or from another planet FF character. I find her annoying, yet her character archetype has been part of the series for a long time, same with zach and the fact that his race brings some diversity to the cast, lol. 

But honestly, what the fuck was the producer on when he/she cast whoever the hell to voice her. seriously?

#3 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Vanille doesn't annoy me at all, she did seem a bit retarded though in the beginning of the game. I thought she was autistic or something.

#4 Posted by hai2u (322 posts) -

every FF needs an annoying girly, poppy character acting overly cute as the Japanese love that archetype, westerners not so much.

#5 Posted by kardon16 (80 posts) -

its not annoying if, like me, you are used to japanese female characters from anime and other stuff.

#6 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Vanille and Hope annoyed the living shit out of me for the first five chapters or so, but they got better.

#7 Posted by xyzygy (9994 posts) -

I love little things about her, like her outfit and her hair and her voice and her pidgeon feet. I just hate all her lines. So stereoypical, but I guess it's regular for RPGs. I shouldn't be complaining. She really isn't that bad.

#8 Posted by mikenam (54 posts) -

I just hated Hope with his Emo-Japaneseness.  I don't think theres ever been a FF character like him before.  He just reminded me of a bad anime, and FF has never really reminded me of an anime.  But he got better, but I really wished that he fell along with his mother in the beginning.

#9 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
YOUR AVATAR IS LIGHTNING FROM FINAL FANTASY XIII SO THAT MEANS YOUR OPINION IS INVALID.

She's not that bad. If anything she's just an unoriginal character archetype.
#10 Posted by Jayzilla (2562 posts) -

is she more annoying than the androgynous characters or the children that the pedophile devs put in the FF games? IDK, FF seems like a creeper's playground. It ain't my cup of tea.

#11 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

Vanille is from the old world (gran pulse) she was brought up to help other people and care for them because that's how close knit her village was back a hundred years before she got crystalized and made into a l'cie...  she's just too overly friendly and i think it's intentional the way they wrote her.  This is how i justify her character in my mind.

#12 Posted by Korne (625 posts) -

At first, her voice is a bit rediculous, but her character grows pretty quickly. She's actually one of the more likable characters, along with Garza and Snow (I hate Light and Hope, but mainly just Hope).

#13 Posted by EVO (3909 posts) -

I'm 15 hours in and so far I hate everyone but Sazh.

#14 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -

I dont mind  Vanille, the only person annoying me is Hope. For being such a whiney little brat.

#15 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

Shrug... I'd rather have Japanese with subs (Oh, thank you Resonance of Fate for having both!), might be more bearable.

Then again, I'm probably not going to touch FFXIII for a long while. I hate a game that's a long stretching tutorial.

#16 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
@ErrorOperator said:
" I dont mind  Vanille, the only person annoying me is Hope. For being such a whiney little brat. "
agreed, Hope is such a whiny bitch, should've died instead of his mother, I hate him so much.

my favorite characters so far are Lightning Snow and Sazh, he provides teh lulz.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.